“Great Location for Visiting Vanderbilt. Shuttle to downtown Nashville” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Marriott Nashville at Vanderbilt University

Special Offer
FREE Wi-Fi
Ranked #42 of 152 Hotels in Nashville
Chapel Hill, North Carolina, United States
“Great Location for Visiting Vanderbilt. Shuttle to downtown Nashville”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2014

Great hotel on the athletics end of Vanderbilt campus. Walk easily to all the athletic fields and the rest of campus. Don't bother renting a car. Parking is ridiculously expensive ($30/night self park and $35 valet) and I hear that the shuttle from the airport is inexpensive.Also, you pay to park everywhere in Nashville. Once you've arrived, the Marriott runs a shuttle wherever you want to go so you really don't need a car. The Starbucks in the hotel is a total RIPOFF. Walk outside 100 steps to your right and visit the Starbucks store. I paid $4,50 vs $1.75 for a regular coffee!
The dining staff is very friendly, but the continental breakfast isn't worth the money...and the dining room coffee is awful (it isn't Starbucks). I drank tea.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (130)
Brooklyn, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2014

I stayed here for two nights recently. First time to this Marriott location.
Stayed here with some business colleagues. Like others I agree that the location is great.

PROS:
Extremely welcoming and friendly staff. Great valet staff too, extremely polite, helped with directions and had the a.c going (it was in the upper 90's the days I was there).
Nice property, that is, clean, well run, secure, etc.
Rooms are nice, bed is amazingly comfortable. And perfect pillows
Great wi-fi.
Starbucks in lobby, there is also one in the strip mall this Marriott is next to ( along with a PF Chang's and Barnes & Noble store)
Fridge in room - very nice to have cold drinks/water.
CONS:
A tad on the pricey side, $299/night for a room, $35/valet parking (self is $30).
I wish there were outlets by the bed to charge phone at night bedside. I did have multiple outlets on the desk which was good.

This is a great hotel in a great area. I would stay here again, but I would watch the prices

• Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
Taylor H, Front Office Manager at Marriott Nashville at Vanderbilt University, responded to this review, June 30, 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for staying with us during your recent visit to Nashville, TN. I have shared your comments regarding the staff to all of the departments in the hotel and I am pleased everyone met your expectations. Down at the Front Desk we offer mini cubes which has several outlets so you can plug in your device to more than one outlet. Please let me know next time you are in town and I would be more than glad to allow you to use one.

Have a great week and we look forward to seeing you again soon!

Fort Worth, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2014

Great location walking distance from Vanderbilt University. The Vandy Barnes and Noble bookstore is right downstairs, as is a PF Chang, Starbucks and more! Our room had a view of the stadium. The cons were lackluster service in the bar area--just wanted a glass of wine and a snack, but no table service. We waited a long time until I finally ordered at the bar. Also no free wifi, but it is free in the bar/lobby area. Parking is pricey. If my child goes to Vanderbilt, I would probably stay here again if I got a decent rate.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Dear Guest,

Thank you for staying with us during your recent visit to Vanderbilt University and Nashville, TN. We have recently brought on a cocktail server for the bar area to provide extra service during peak hours to better accomodate our guest.

Hopefully we will be seeing you often when your child attends Vanberbilt.

Orange County, CA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2014

This Marriott property is adjacent to Vanderbilt University and across the street from Centennial Park. The Concierge Lounge looks down into Vanderbilt Stadium. The walk across campus to the "Commons" area is a brisk 15 to 20 minutes.

I enjoyed my stay. The welcome was warm and friendly. It was easy to get to popular West End restaurants by taxi.

I stayed three nights in the hotel. The breakfast in the concierge lounge was fine. I liked the coffee better than at most hotels. The Internet in my room was a bit slow when I tried to watch the news, even though I had upgraded to the high speed service. I was leaving on an early evening flight. So, I requested a late checkout the morning of checkout, which Marriott instructs elite members to do. The front desk person denied my request when I called down. I went down and talked to him directly, and he asked another front desk attendant if it was ok. The second person said it was fine. But, it was a bit disconcerting to be put off so immediately at the first request, especially when the hotel wasn't pressed to turn around rooms.

I hadn't been to Nashville in many years, and I had not stayed at this property before. I would, however, recommend this hotel to friends and colleagues.

Room Tip: I had a view facing Centennial Park and West End, which is the busy side of the hotel. I was comfort...
Dear Guest,

Thank you for staying with and I am extremely glad the hotel and location met your expectations. The coffee in the Concierge Lounge is a fresh brew Starbucks coffee which is a great touch for your elite members. I will speak to the Front Office team on how we can communicate and facilitate late checkouts based on availability of the hotel.

Have a great week and we look forward to seeing you again soon!

Johns Creek, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2014

I stayed at the Marriott Nashville last week for a conference and was very pleased with my stay. The hotel is beautiful and very comfortable. The staff were extremely helpful and courteous. The meeting facilities were awesome and the food was great. Attendants were there throughout the meeting to ensure meeting participants had everything they needed.

My room at a great view of the Vanderbilt University stadium (new Dudley Field). I was so close, I could literally have enjoyed the game right from my room, had there been a football game at that time.

The hotel is in a great location, convenient to the university, very nice restaurants, interstates, downtown, the airport. It was overall an amazing stay and a hotel I will book again when I'm at in Nashville.

The only negative was the very expensive onsite parking - at $30 per night, it was pretty pricey.

Room Tip: Ask for a room overlooking Dudley Field.
Dear Guest,

Thank you for the great comments regarding the hotel and I am extremely glad the view and the location were perfect for you!

We look forward to seeing you again soon in the near future!

Kansas City
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2014

Our room on the 10th floor had a beautiful view of Nashville's Parthenon. The room was immaculate and the bed/pillows comfortable. The bar downstairs was fairly loud. Nick, the bartender, was so nice! It had a nice selection of appetizers. The breakfast was a cold breakfast unless you paid the $13/person upgrade. Parking was adequate. There are many restaurants nearby.

Room Tip: ask for a room overlooking the park on the front side of the building
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
Taylor H, Front Office Manager at Marriott Nashville at Vanderbilt University, responded to this review, June 23, 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for staying with us during your recent visit to Nashville, TN. I am excited to see that you enjoyed your stay with us and the view of the Parthenon. My team and I hope to see you again soon when traveling to Tennessee!

Yorba Linda, CA
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2014

I have stayed here twice for business this spring. The good: convenient location to where I do business. The hotel staff are nice. David in housekeeping was especially helpful when I left an item in my room at checkout. The bad: the rooms have not added any electrical outlets since they were built. Not even at the desk. So to charge all my devices I had to use a wall outlet and set them on the floor. Unacceptable. The valet service is slow, even when I called ahead. And it is $30 + tax. Self park is not conveniently located. Most irritating is when my business plans changed and I needed to check out earlier than planned, I was charged $125. The pricing policy penalizes flexibility in response to changing business needs. I work for a large international company who designated this property as the preferred place to stay for business in Nashville. Marriott, clearly you do not return the favor and consider us a valued business partner. So I will stay elsewhere next time.

Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
Dear Guest,

Thank you for staying with us once again at the Nashvile Marriott at Vanderbilt during your recent business trip to Nashville, TN. I would like to thank you for the great comments regarding David and how he assisted you with the item left behind. I am sadden to know we did not meet your needs with the electrical outlets and charging your devices. We do have mini cubies at the Front Desk that you can use in the room to plug in multiple devices in one outlet. Also, regarding the early departure fee of $125 it is due to the agreement at the time of booking that you will be charged up to one nights room and tax without a 24 hour notice.

If you travel back to Nashville, TN, please feel free to contact me directly and I will be more than glad to assist you with the number of nights you will be staying based on your business travels.