“Nice stay with great restaurant nearby” 4 of 5 stars

FREE Wi-Fi
Ranked #43 of 151 Hotels in Nashville
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Madison, Wisconsin
“Nice stay with great restaurant nearby”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 5, 2014 via mobile

The hotel was clean and the staff friendly. We took advantage of their shuttle to go downtown. I think the next time we go to Nashville we will probably stay in a hotel closer to the downtown. The Row Restaurant close to the hotel that is excellent for breakfast.

Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
Taylor H, Front Office Manager at Marriott Nashville at Vanderbilt University, responded to this review, May 8, 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for the great comments regarding the hotel and the friendly staff. We hope that next time you come to Nashville that you choose to stay with us once again.

Thanks,

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (123)
Carol Stream, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 26, 2014

Had the pleasure of staying at this hotel Easter weekend - All the staff we met were friendly and professional. Went to a fantastic Easter Brunch with friendly and smiling restaurant staff - also nice executive chef and assistant chef who came out of the kitchen and talked to their guests. Food was plentiful and the speciality dishes were delicious. The prime rib just melted in your mouth!! And the desserts........ :-) We used the courtesy shuttle to go to church and the driver was kind and helpful. The bedding was plush and very comfortable. Overall a nice holiday weekend.

Room Tip: Ask for an upper floor room with a view toward the pantheon.
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
Carbondale, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 24, 2014

My husband stayed here for 3 nights in April 2014. Loved the hotels, so beautiful, and clean.
Our room had a wonderful view of the park, and it was quite spacious as was the bathroom.
The staff were all very friendly and helpful, especially the valets, and shuttle drivers. We loved having the shuttle to take us downtown and pickup - very convenient. The young men who drive were very professional and friendly!! (giving us tips on were to go - and the good restaurants).
I would highly recommend this hotel to anyone visiting the Nashville area, The restaurant on site was nice too; we ate there one morning, and in the Concierge lounge (what a view of the stadium!!) the other morning... 5 stars to all!!!!

Room Tip: ask for a room with a view.... high floors - can't go wrong, and take the shuttle, easier than f...
Kansas City, Missouri
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 24, 2014

wow! great staff -,we were right across from Centennial park, too far to walk to the District downtown so the free shuttle was fantastic! all you had to do was call and they would come get you in 10/15 minutes - awesome! and all the drivers were super personable and funny! they also helped guide you to some cool spots too! Loved my pillows and the room - great place to stay

Room Tip: we had a choice of overlooking the park or the college football stadium, we chose the park - the sun...
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 18, 2014

Upon arrival the front desk was very accommodating and friendly. It was a pleasure staying here plus next to the Vandy campus. I would stay here again also has a PF changs next to the property or on the premises. The afternoon night manager was great and informative. I will be returning soon.

Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
Taylor H, Front Office Manager at Marriott Nashville at Vanderbilt University, responded to this review, April 30, 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for staying with us at the Nashville Marriott at Vanderbilt during your recent visit. The staff at the hotel is truly pleased the location of the hotel met your needs and the staff was accomodating and friendly. We look forward to seeing you again soon in the near future.
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 10, 2014

I travel a lot due to work related assignments and this was by far my worst experience. I stayed in this hotel for 2 weeks and they basically ruined my perception of the whole Marriott brand. They lost laundry valued on 1000 USD and they only were willing to reimbursement half of that price because I wasn't travelling with the receipts. They took almost 7 days to inform about this decision and until now, I still don't have a clear response about my situation. Extremely overprice for the quality of the rooms and cleanliness of the place is far from perfect. If you are a sport fan, you will enjoy it, since it's in the middle of the Vanderbilt University area, and just in front of the Vanderbilt Stadium. All room ended on 1 will have a beautiful scene of the stadium and you will enjoy games just from your window. The fitness center is small and the room service menu is truly limited. On the good side, the restaurant is wonderful and breakfasts are just amazing, with plenty of season fruits, different kind of breads, omelettes and juices. Be sure to enjoy the good will of the front desk staff, always available for your questions and with a smile on their faces. Overall, the Marriott at Vanderbilt is a nice property, with 4 stars amenities but poorly managed and with an incredible lack of the Marriott spirit brand. I truly hope that Corporate Managers get more involved on their customer service team and pay attention to this kind of situations. I will recommend the Loews Hotel for a truly comforting experience and do not hesitate to visit the incredible city of Nashville, which despite this horrible event, truly gets the most beautiful scenarios of the Southern land.

Room Tip: Choose a room on the upper floors, since it's a "sport" hotel, it gets crowded on some...
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
Indianapolis, IN
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2014

My husband and I stayed at the Marriott Nashville at Vanderbilt for one night on Sat. April 5th in celebration of our wedding anniversary. (The night before we had spent at the Franklin Marriott, about 20 min. away.) My husband had booked both of these hotel stays on Marriott's website, redeeming his points for both nights.

Upon checking in, my husband (who is a Gold Elite member that spends 60+ nights a year in Marriott hotels) was told that they had him listed as checking in the night before, and that because he was a no-show, the points had already been debited and there was nothing they could do to fix the situation, other than offer him a discounted rate of $279 + tax for a room. After talking to three different employees and explaining that there had been a mistake (as we were listed in their system as staying at their Franklin hotel the night before), we were torn on what to do. (We were in a tough spot, too, because this was the weekend of the NCAA Women's Final Four, so pretty much every hotel was booked or ridiculously expensive.)

After my husband verified on his email reservation that he simply clicked the wrong date, and that it was a simple mistake on his part, one staff member told him that he would need a different manager to fix the situation, but that person wouldn't be in until Monday (but we were again welcome to cough up $279+ for a room).

My husband finally called Marriott Customer Care, and 45 minutes later, the situation was resolved. Customer Care cleared the mistake and we were allowed to stay on points as we had reserved. My point is this: surely he's not the first person to accidentally click a mouse a millimeter in the wrong direction, but the staff couldn't (wouldn't) do more for someone who is clearly a loyal guest? It took a 45 minute ordeal and calling their 800 number to get it resolved?

That debacle aside, the rooms were very nice, the valets and shuttle drivers were exceptional, and the hotel itself was very clean. Didn't experience much of the cafe (other than the $7.34 I spent for a can of pop and a 16 oz. water) or other facilities like pool, etc.

I would stay here again, because it really is a very nice hotel, but I was surprised/disappointed that the staff didn't do more to help my husband, especially given the amount of business he gives Marriott.

Room Tip: Room 1037 will give you a great view of the Parthenon!
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
Taylor H, Front Office Manager at Marriott Nashville at Vanderbilt University, responded to this review, April 10, 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for celebrating your anniversary weekend with us at the Nashville Marriott at Vanderbilt during your recent visit to Nashville, TN. I wanted to apologize for the arrival experience you received and please know I have reviewed with my staff how to handle this situation moving forward.

I would also like to thank you for the kind comments regarding the rest of your stay and the wonderful experience you had.

We look forward to seeing you again in the future and please contact me directly if there is anything I can do for you!

Been to Marriott Nashville at Vanderbilt University? Share your experiences!