“Great reception staff” 4 of 5 stars

$25 Daily Credit
Ranked #47 of 149 Hotels in Nashville
“Great reception staff”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 18, 2014

Upon arrival the front desk was very accommodating and friendly. It was a pleasure staying here plus next to the Vandy campus. I would stay here again also has a PF changs next to the property or on the premises. The afternoon night manager was great and informative. I will be returning soon.

Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
Taylor H, Front Office Manager at Marriott Nashville at Vanderbilt University, responded to this review, April 30, 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for staying with us at the Nashville Marriott at Vanderbilt during your recent visit. The staff at the hotel is truly pleased the location of the hotel met your needs and the staff was accomodating and friendly. We look forward to seeing you again soon in the near future.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (106)
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 10, 2014

I travel a lot due to work related assignments and this was by far my worst experience. I stayed in this hotel for 2 weeks and they basically ruined my perception of the whole Marriott brand. They lost laundry valued on 1000 USD and they only were willing to reimbursement half of that price because I wasn't travelling with the receipts. They took almost 7 days to inform about this decision and until now, I still don't have a clear response about my situation. Extremely overprice for the quality of the rooms and cleanliness of the place is far from perfect. If you are a sport fan, you will enjoy it, since it's in the middle of the Vanderbilt University area, and just in front of the Vanderbilt Stadium. All room ended on 1 will have a beautiful scene of the stadium and you will enjoy games just from your window. The fitness center is small and the room service menu is truly limited. On the good side, the restaurant is wonderful and breakfasts are just amazing, with plenty of season fruits, different kind of breads, omelettes and juices. Be sure to enjoy the good will of the front desk staff, always available for your questions and with a smile on their faces. Overall, the Marriott at Vanderbilt is a nice property, with 4 stars amenities but poorly managed and with an incredible lack of the Marriott spirit brand. I truly hope that Corporate Managers get more involved on their customer service team and pay attention to this kind of situations. I will recommend the Loews Hotel for a truly comforting experience and do not hesitate to visit the incredible city of Nashville, which despite this horrible event, truly gets the most beautiful scenarios of the Southern land.

Room Tip: Choose a room on the upper floors, since it's a "sport" hotel, it gets crowded on some...
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
Indianapolis, IN
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2014

My husband and I stayed at the Marriott Nashville at Vanderbilt for one night on Sat. April 5th in celebration of our wedding anniversary. (The night before we had spent at the Franklin Marriott, about 20 min. away.) My husband had booked both of these hotel stays on Marriott's website, redeeming his points for both nights.

Upon checking in, my husband (who is a Gold Elite member that spends 60+ nights a year in Marriott hotels) was told that they had him listed as checking in the night before, and that because he was a no-show, the points had already been debited and there was nothing they could do to fix the situation, other than offer him a discounted rate of $279 + tax for a room. After talking to three different employees and explaining that there had been a mistake (as we were listed in their system as staying at their Franklin hotel the night before), we were torn on what to do. (We were in a tough spot, too, because this was the weekend of the NCAA Women's Final Four, so pretty much every hotel was booked or ridiculously expensive.)

After my husband verified on his email reservation that he simply clicked the wrong date, and that it was a simple mistake on his part, one staff member told him that he would need a different manager to fix the situation, but that person wouldn't be in until Monday (but we were again welcome to cough up $279+ for a room).

My husband finally called Marriott Customer Care, and 45 minutes later, the situation was resolved. Customer Care cleared the mistake and we were allowed to stay on points as we had reserved. My point is this: surely he's not the first person to accidentally click a mouse a millimeter in the wrong direction, but the staff couldn't (wouldn't) do more for someone who is clearly a loyal guest? It took a 45 minute ordeal and calling their 800 number to get it resolved?

That debacle aside, the rooms were very nice, the valets and shuttle drivers were exceptional, and the hotel itself was very clean. Didn't experience much of the cafe (other than the $7.34 I spent for a can of pop and a 16 oz. water) or other facilities like pool, etc.

I would stay here again, because it really is a very nice hotel, but I was surprised/disappointed that the staff didn't do more to help my husband, especially given the amount of business he gives Marriott.

Room Tip: Room 1037 will give you a great view of the Parthenon!
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
Taylor H, Front Office Manager at Marriott Nashville at Vanderbilt University, responded to this review, April 10, 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for celebrating your anniversary weekend with us at the Nashville Marriott at Vanderbilt during your recent visit to Nashville, TN. I wanted to apologize for the arrival experience you received and please know I have reviewed with my staff how to handle this situation moving forward.

I would also like to thank you for the kind comments regarding the rest of your stay and the wonderful experience you had.

We look forward to seeing you again in the future and please contact me directly if there is anything I can do for you!
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 30, 2014

I had a business meeting at the hotel. Had the weather been more cooperative I would have enjoyed the stay more.

Having a nice restaurant next door within walking distance helped.

The room was nice and attractive. Seemed very clean and organized.

• Stayed March 2014
Taylor H, Front Office Manager at Marriott Nashville at Vanderbilt University, responded to this review, March 31, 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing the Marriott at Vanderbilt to host your meeting during you recent stay. Even though the weather was not pleasant, we are glad to see that your stay with us was.

We look forward to continuing to do business with you and look forward to seeing you back in the near future.
Jacksonville, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 29, 2014

Wife and I stayed here on 3/27/2014. The reason for our stay was to meet relatives otherwise we would not have selected this hotel. It's not Marriott itself it's just not the location we would have chosen. The rate we paid was $319.00 plus tax. Asked at the desk upon check-in if we could have the ARRP rate (I'm 75) told there was not a rate to be found. The room we had would compare with a Holiday Inn Express, certainly not worth $319.00!

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest,

Thank you for staying with us at the Nasvhille Marriott at Vanderbilt on the night of March 27. During you stay we were sold out at the hotel as well as the rest of the hotels in the surrounding area. I am sorry we were not able to honor the AARP rate due to the amount of business in the hotel and the city.

We hope you will stay with us again when traveling to Nasvhille, TN.
Jackson, Mississippi
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 26, 2014

The best location if you need to be next to Vanderbilt (particularly for any sporting event) -- walk to the university. Nice room. Clean. Comfy bed. Very cool view overlooking the Vandy stadium -- enjoyed watching football team's Sat morning scrimmage from my hotel room. Polite front desk. Plenty of valets and bellmen to assist with car and luggage. Good bar. Good breakfast/brunch buffet on Sat and Sun am. All hotels near Vandy are expensive (not a great value), and this one is no different. Nevertheless, if attending a function at Vandy, then I would stay here again.

Room Tip: Rooms overlooking the Vandy stadium have the best view.
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing the Marriott at Vanderbilt during your recent visit to Nashville, TN. The view of the stadium is very unique and exciting at the same time and we are glad you were able to enjoy the spring practice from your hotel room.

We look forward to seeing you again when you visit Nashville, TN.
Whippany, New Jersey
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 23, 2014

I have stayed at the Vanderbilt Marriott many times. The have an excellent location if you are visiting Vanderbilt University - right on the campus. Hotel is well maintained - Starbucks on the first level needs additional staff to handle busy periods. A little cheap on the towels, but overall room was comfortable and clean. Will stay here again...

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
Dear Guest,

Thank you for staying with us duirng your recent visit to Nashville, TN. We are glad you the location of the hotel fit your needs and I will pass on the information regarding the additonal staffing for Starbucks during the peak hours.

We look forward to seeing you again soon!

Been to Marriott Nashville at Vanderbilt University? Share your experiences!