I stayed for 3 nights on business. Check in was friendly and efficient and my room overlooked the Centennial Park. It's standard Marriott fare, which is why I love Marriott. Comfortable bed, decent products, well soundproofed rooms. The Vanderbilt location is really set apart by the excellent staff - always felt welcome and that nothing was too much trouble.
The location is great for exploring the west end / Vanderbilt area. It's over a mile to downtown, but the hotel has a complimentary shuttle that will take you in a 2 mile radius. There are some high-end chain restaurants next to the hotel (Flemings, PF Changs and J Alexander's) but some more local places can be found after a short walk. It's on the Vanderbilt University ground and felt friendly and safe.
The concierge lounge provides a great view of the Vanderbilt football field and the attendants were incredibly friendly. The pool is small, but well maintained. I'd definitely stay in this hotel again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Nashville's premier hotel is located in the center of vibrant midtown and the heart of Nashville's West end. The hotel overlooks the historic Vanderbilt University campus and stadium, one of America's leading private colleges. The hotel offers over 11,500 square feet of meeting and banquet facilities and is only a short walk to some of the finest restaurants and attractions in the city, one of Nashville's premier hotels. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Marriott, Travelocity, Expedia, Booking.com, Orbitz, Tingo, Priceline, HotelsClick, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, BookingOdigeoWL and Venere so you can book your Marriott Nashville at Vanderbilt University reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Marriott Nashville At Vanderbilt University Hotel Nashville
- Marriott Vanderbilt University
- Nashville Marriott