“Best Marriott hotel in Nashville” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
$25 Daily Credit
Ranked #47 of 149 Hotels in Nashville
US
“Best Marriott hotel in Nashville”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2013

The Nashville Marriott at Vanderbilt is the best full- service Marriott property in the greater Nashville area. I had the pleasure of staying in one of the wonderful king suites. The bathroom was very spacious. The king bed was also very comfortable. The living area was spacious and nicely appointed. The Concierge Lounge was great. I really enjoyed the hot appetizers in the evening as well as the hot breakfast items in the morning. The hotel is nicely appointed and elegant. Special thanks to Steve Sines, General Manager, and Adam Henderson, Front Desk Manager. Jim Steers, Revenue Manager, was also very kind and accommodating. Scott Ferguson, Front Desk Supervisor. was very kind to us during checkout. Gail Bryant in the Concierge Lounge was kind and helpful. Jevon, Brittany, and Taylor at the Front Desk was also very helpful. I had a wonderful stay at the Nashville Marriott at Vanderbilt.

Room Tip: The Concierge Lounge is very nice.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
JCarlos1207, Manager at Marriott Nashville at Vanderbilt University, responded to this review, July 7, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to recognize many of our hosts and leadership team members. We are thrilled to learn you enjoyed your stay and hope to serve you again in the future!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (109)
Atlanta
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2013

Me: Marriott Platinum Medallion of many years, average hotel stay one night, travel throughout the country.

This hotel, IMO: Above average Marriott. Clean, quiet, nice Concierge Lounge, very good staff.

Be Aware: There appears to only be valet parking, and it's expensive. For those not on an expense account, be prepared. It's not something I'd expect at a hotel in Nashville.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for choosing the Nashville Marriott at Vanderbilt. I trust this feedback will be helpful to others when choosing where to stay in Nashville. Our parking arrangements are a bit unique due to the fact we don't own the parking structure itself. We do offer both Valet and Self options with no additional charge for the Valet service itself. Again, thank you for your feedback!
Columbus, Ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 30, 2013

A nice hotel with a great view of the Vanderbilt football stadium from many rooms. Parking is expensive and a bit of a walk with luggage. (Also got stuck while trying to leave the parking garage because the card reader wasn't reading our room key for in/out privileges.) Close to Rotier's and the Barnes & Noble that is the official Vanderbilt bookstore. Was chastised by a manager in the hotel restaurant because we had a doggie bag from an upscale restaurant and asked for a plastic fork. We may stay here in the future, but more because of the location than anything else.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for choosing the Nashville Marriott at Vanderbilt. We appreciate the opportunity to review our successes and opportunities.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 20, 2013

This Marriott is everything you would expect from the brand. Rooms were very comfortable and clean. Staff was friendly and helpful with information about Nashville. Price was a little higher than I would have expected but it was a busy weekend with 4 different wedding parties and the University of Alabama baseball team staying there. Our room overlooked Vanderbilt's football stadium.

• Stayed May 2013
JCarlos1207, Manager at Marriott Nashville at Vanderbilt University, responded to this review, May 25, 2013
We appreciate your review and are glad to know you enjoyed your time in Nashville!
Michigan
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 12, 2013

Stayed here for business in Nashville in April 2013. The rooms are clean but nothing special - standard Marriott fare, certainly adequate. You can tell that this is an older hotel but that the rooms have been renovated.

The service was very good - friendly and prompt. I used the fitness center, and it's pretty decent as well. The location is very good, right on the Vanderbilt campus, close to a bunch of restaurants, and about 2 miles west of downtown. The hotel has a free shuttle service if you prefer to take that downtown. The shuttle driver was very friendly and helpful. I had drinks at the bar and restaurant but did not eat there. The bar service was also friendly.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for choosing the Nashville Marriott at Vanderbilt. We trust your review will be helpful to others and thank you for sharing!
Charleston, South Carolina
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 10, 2013

I have stayed at a lot of Marriotts and always had a good experience. Not with the Nashville Vanderbilt hotel. When I checked in, I parked a car after the person at the desk directed me to the parking garage and she told me to use the key to get out of the garage. What they fail to tell you is that the fee is $32 per day to park in the garage. There are multiple other garages very close to the hotel that I could have used if I had been told there was a giant fee to park there. I went back in to the front desk to ask them if a mistake had been made, the woman at the desk was as rude as she could be and said well thats our fee, Im sorry no one told you about it. Despite my asking to waive at least one days charges, no luck, just more rudeness.

Also, when I was asked about any discounts, I gave them my AAA account and it saved me $9 per night. Not a lot, but still ok. I called the morning after check in to see if there was complimentary breakfast and was told I don't get the breakfast with my AAA discount. When I went to have breakfast, it was $17. Its only $8 but I still would not have used the AAA if it cost me $8 to use it. I just feel like they try to take advantage of people without giving them all the facts at this hotel.

The room was nice and clean at least and p.f. changs is right outside the front door.

not that it affected me, but I was there on a tuesday and wednesday and the room rate was $219. On thursday the rate jumped to $479 because graduation was at the university. Felt sorry for the people using the hotel on those days.

Room Tip: some rooms overlook the football stadium.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
Thank you for taking the time to ensure management is aware of your experience. We sincerely apologize for this and feel free to contact the hotel General Manager, Steve Sines, should you care to discuss this further.
Louisville, Kentucky
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 6, 2013

I understand this hotel is listed as a 4-Star hotel and most likely due to the fact that there are many available amenities on site. However, some things should be optional and not forced upon you. We needed a luggage cart so my husband went to retrieve it but was told that if we were to use it then the bellboy would have to put our luggage on and take it up to our room. My guess is to get tips.
Upon entering our room I noticed there was trash left behind. There was a bag with melted ice in left up near the coffee pot area (which was not restocked by the way) and another grocery bag. When I went to pick it up water spilled out all over the floor so I ended up having to clean that up right away.
The breakfast buffet was average at best, espcially for the price. Coffee was cold.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for taking the time to ensure we are aware of our opportunities to improve. Rest assured we leverage this feedback to do just that. We appreciate your candor!

Been to Marriott Nashville at Vanderbilt University? Share your experiences!