“Great Hotel, Needs Better Towels” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
$25 Daily Credit
Ranked #45 of 149 Hotels in Nashville
Cincinnati, Ohio
“Great Hotel, Needs Better Towels”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 1, 2013

I spent two nights here during the Country Music Marathon Weekend. Overall, the hotel is fantastic and all of the staff I encountered were fabulous.

Pros: Location, location, location. The prime location of this hotel cannot be overstated. It is directly across from the lovely Centennial Park, near great restaurants and shopping. Plus, the hotel offers a complimentary shuttle within a three-mile radius. The room was very comfortable, but could stand to be updated a bit. Our room on the eighth floor overlooked Vanderbilt Stadium. The bed was very comfortable with nice pillows. I can't say enough about how helpful and accommodating the staff was. I'm a Marriott Rewards member and was thanked for my loyalty upon check in. The hotel also gave out information about the marathon at check in and everyone seemed to genuinely care about our experience. The Starbucks in the lobby is a great convenience and the rooms have coffee makers in them, too.

Cons: Not many. Valet and self-parking is pretty pricey at $29 per night. We parked on the street about a block away for free. Also, the bath towels are really shabby. They are worn out and not soft at all. I expect more from the Marriott.

Overall, I recommend this hotel and would stay here again, but maybe bring my own towels!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
JCarlos1207, Manager at Marriott Nashville at Vanderbilt University, responded to this review, May 25, 2013
Thank you for ensuring we know our successes and opportunities to improve! I will certainly work to ensure that the towel issue is mitigated and promise a quality experience on your next trip to Nashville.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (111)
Dallas, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 26, 2013

My recent visit to Nashville saw our training seminar booked at this location. Overall, this hotel is very, very good. The staff was always extremely helpful & accomodating...especially the front desk & sales/banquet staff. The decor is a little eclectic, but it works. My sleeping room & meeting room were both clean & comfortable. The layout of the bar/restaurant/coffee bar is great...open & conveniently located on the 1st level. While the food I tasted from room service, the restaurant, & our meeting wasn't stellar, it was certainly decent & no one went hungry! This is a fantastic Nashville location, especially if you are visiting the Vanderbilt campus for any reason. To be 100% honest, I don't LOVE this property like some of the other hotels I've reviewed...but I like it very, very much.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a view of something other than a back parking lot...the stadium, perhaps?
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
JCarlos1207, Manager at Marriott Nashville at Vanderbilt University, responded to this review, April 28, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience. We appreciate your candor and hope others find it to be useful!
Alpharetta, Georgia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 24, 2013

I "live" in the hotels - I prefer the Marriott brand, however I am about done with lack of attention to customer 101s.

This is yet another one of the Marriott brands that just has no concept of brand loyalty and customer service. Not only are they missing the 101 subtleties of service, it appears that knowing your customer and executing on the service commitment is too much for them to aspire to.

Great location, great restaurant, excellent concierge room, lovely reception area. I have stayed here a number of times.

Being as cranky as a I am right now with the regularity of this experience across a number of locations, I would say that the Marriott Brand has got a lot of work to do on focusing on the customer.

I carry Marriott Platinum Life as well as Hilton Diamond (yes... I really live in hotels) I cannot believe the difference in service between the 2 brands!!! This is sooo sad!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for sharing your observations and clearly frustrating experience during your recent stay. Being such a well traveled individual I have no doubt this constructive feedback will allow us to grow and learn from our mistakes. Please do not lose confidence as we sincerely do care and certainly understand that you have choices. We look forward to making this right in the future!
Cumming
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 20, 2013

This Marriott has rooms that overlook the Vanderbilt football stadium and that makes it a special place to stay on a football weekend. The hotel is VERY consistent with the care, appearance and functioning of all aspects of the property. Getting rid of the cigar bar was more than a little appreciated ... then adding a Starbucks in the lobby was and even better idea. Good location for Nashville meetings, large or just one on one. Rooms are good size, well appointed and always clean and comfortable.

Room Tip: Looking down into the stadium is always neat - even when a game is not being played.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Thank you for submitting such outstanding feedback! We appreciate your business!
Mount Laurel, New Jersey
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 19, 2013 via mobile

This was my first time in Nashville and was there for business. The people were all wonderful and this part of the country is beautiful. I never did get to see the sights, but will be taking my wife back to do all the fun stuff this summer. Stay tuned for an updated review.

• Stayed April 2013
Thank you for choosing the Nashville Marriott at Vanderbilt! We look forward to seeing you on your next trip!
Saint Louis, Missouri
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 18, 2013

After spending over $1000 at the hotel for the weekend, my camera was stolen out of my car by the valet parking service. The staff has done nothing to compensate me for the loss. The hotel was nice and clean, but it wasn't worth getting my camera stolen. They didn't even reimburse me for the $29 valet parking charge!!!!

Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
We are terribly sorry to learn of this frustrating and unacceptable experience. Please feel free to contact the property General Manager to allow us to investigate this matter further.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 17, 2013 via mobile

This hotel was one of the best experiences I've ever had at a hotel. The lobby was beautiful and the rooms were very clean. I booked two rooms for eight people and everyone was impressed by the hotel and its staff. I would definitely stay there again!

• Stayed April 2013
We are thrilled to learn of your exceptional experience and sincerely appreciate your candor. Thank you for choosing Marriott!

Been to Marriott Nashville at Vanderbilt University? Share your experiences!