“Great location over looking Vanderbilt university.” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
$25 Daily Credit
Ranked #45 of 149 Hotels in Nashville
Mount Laurel, New Jersey
“Great location over looking Vanderbilt university.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 19, 2013 via mobile

This was my first time in Nashville and was there for business. The people were all wonderful and this part of the country is beautiful. I never did get to see the sights, but will be taking my wife back to do all the fun stuff this summer. Stay tuned for an updated review.

• Stayed April 2013
JCarlos1207, Manager at Marriott Nashville at Vanderbilt University, responded to this review, April 28, 2013
Thank you for choosing the Nashville Marriott at Vanderbilt! We look forward to seeing you on your next trip!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (111)
Saint Louis, Missouri
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 18, 2013

After spending over $1000 at the hotel for the weekend, my camera was stolen out of my car by the valet parking service. The staff has done nothing to compensate me for the loss. The hotel was nice and clean, but it wasn't worth getting my camera stolen. They didn't even reimburse me for the $29 valet parking charge!!!!

Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
We are terribly sorry to learn of this frustrating and unacceptable experience. Please feel free to contact the property General Manager to allow us to investigate this matter further.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 17, 2013 via mobile

This hotel was one of the best experiences I've ever had at a hotel. The lobby was beautiful and the rooms were very clean. I booked two rooms for eight people and everyone was impressed by the hotel and its staff. I would definitely stay there again!

• Stayed April 2013
We are thrilled to learn of your exceptional experience and sincerely appreciate your candor. Thank you for choosing Marriott!
Toledo
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 14, 2013

I usually like to stay at boutique style hotels but had to choose the Marriott. The valet service and bellman were the first positive. Front desk was friendly and competent. I thought the lobby was very cool and loved having a full service Starbucks at my fingertips. The room was spacious with a large window and view of the football stadium. The room was very clean and the bed was comfortable with crisp white very clean linens. The bathroom felt a bit worn with little countertop space. My biggest complaint is the lack of an in-room safe!!! Come on Marriott that should be a given! Jacqueline at the bar was fantastic as well as the bevy of friendly, quick, bell boys. I will definitely stay again.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
Thank you for taking the time to submit such a detailed review of your experience. We truly value your feedback and look forward to serving you in the future!
Knoxville, Tennessee
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 13, 2013

The Marriott Nashville Vanderbilt has recently upgraded the lobby area and it is a great new design. I found the entire area very inviting and we lingered in the lobby on both evening and in the morning.

I like getting a room either overlooking the Vandy Football field or directly out to the PARK across the street. I highly suggest Valet Parking its much easier as it gets congested at the front door. The hotel shuttle will run you close by or down to Broadway if you want to hit the country bars near the Ryman. Several great restaturants within walking distance - Flemings is really good and in the next building.

I really like the CONCERIGE LEVEL it overlooks the football field and always serving food in the morning and at night.

Great hotel for business!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for choosing the Nashville Marriott at Vanderbilt University. We appreciate the detailed description of our lobby/Concierge lounge and of course looking forward to seeing you on your next trip to Nashville!
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2013

I don't write reviews with every trip I take, but this Marriott provided such a wonderful experience that I felt it was worth sharing. Prior to our arrival, I received an email verifying that my request for a certain view on a top floor was accommodated. Having never received a personal email saying such, I was surprised at that attention to detail. And sure enough upon check in, my husband could not help but be impressed that we had been assigned a room which showcased my request perfectly. The rest of our stay was met with that same attention to detail. The courteous staff always greeted us - from the restaurant busboys to the front desk to the valet parkers who held open the door for us without fail. Even our last minute request for a rollaway was fulfilled quickly and politely. Our room was impeccably clean, and the bed was divine. It had the fluffiest mattress topper, sheets and duvet, giving it a sumptuous feeling. Kudos to the front desk manager, Adam Henderson, and the rest of his staff who were professional and friendly. We could not have been happier with our stay. This Marriott is in a perfect location if you are visiting Vanderbilt University, but it's also a short five minute drive to Nashville. I would return in a heartbeat.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for taking the time to submit such outstanding feedback regarding your stay. We certainly strive to execute the details and appreciate your recognition!
Fairfield County, CT
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 6, 2013

When I checked into the Marriott Vanderbilt, I felt like I was being greeted by the owner a bed and breakfast. The front desk person was out from behind the desk to welcome me before he stepped behind the desk to continue the transaction. He was friendly and speedy and made what could have been an overwhelming experience very calm and personable. When I stepped out of the elevator, the halls looked a bit old and worn compared to the light, bright and modern lobby. My room overlooked the Vanderbilt football stadium. I found the room to be clean and spacious but a bit sparse. Definitely nothing worth complaining about! My bathroom was huge, which I loved! The hotel is just around the corner from Vanderbilt and a few steps from some restaurants, coffee shops, the bookstore and other shops. The fitness center is ample with three treadmills, three elliptical machines, two bikes and some free weights. The indoor pool is next to the fitness room. I had room service, which was delivered quickly by a friendly member of the waitstaff. I also had the breakfast buffet, which offers basic options, and the servers were very attentive. I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
JCarlos1207, Manager at Marriott Nashville at Vanderbilt University, responded to this review, May 25, 2013
Thank you for completing such a detailed review! We know others will find it helpful. Thank you for choosing Marriott!

Been to Marriott Nashville at Vanderbilt University? Share your experiences!