“Nashville Marriot Review by Corey Slockbower” 3 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Earn Rewards Points
Ranked #44 of 150 hotels in Nashville
New York City, New York
“Nashville Marriot Review by Corey Slockbower”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2013

Good location near Music Row and Vanderbilt University. Walking distance to plenty of well known sights and restaurants. Only a quick cab ride to downtown. I would definitely stay at the Marriott again when visiting Nashville.

Room Tip: City view is definitely worth it, especially a view of Broadway at night.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
JCarlos1207, Manager at Marriott Nashville at Vanderbilt University, responded to this review, February 26, 2013
Thank you for making an effort to ensure we are pro-actively enhancing our guest's experiences. We look forward to serving you in the future!

414 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (92)
Sparta, Tennessee
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2013

Excellent customer service! I have been staying here for 10 years and is my favorite hotel in Nashville. The indoor pool is vey large and always perfect; however there is no hot tub. It has a very large shallow area for small children. Fitness center has lot of machines, as well as free weights. Room service is always delicious. Speed of service, and attention to needs for breakfast in the restaurant , needs improvement. Visiting with Gail in the concierge lounge is like coming home. She as been the perfecr example of Marriott of customer service or 10 years! The have the most comfortable beds in Nashville with quiet sound proof rooms.

Room Tip: All are quiet, maybe ask for a room away from elevator if you like to go to sleep early. This is Nas...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience! We are excited to learn of your fantastic experience highlighted by our Concierge - Ms. Gail. We look forward to serving you in the future!
Allen, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 13, 2013

When you have to be away from home on business, finding a clean, friendly and customer service hotel is what I look hope for each and every time I have to stay away from my family. I don't know if the hotel cares but the reason we do what we do and leave our families is because of the job or career we have chosen and the hotel just happened to be a a place we have to laid our head for the timing being. When I checked into this hotel the first week of the two week I stayed there the front desk was ok, just a standard day, hears your card, told me if I ate in their resturant I could get 250 points, left for my room. The guy at the desk never acknowledge my Platinum Status, never asked me how would I like th 500 points I was suppose to get, never told me about the concierge level and gave me a regular key to my room. I get to my room on the 11 floor and found my room to be very clean, cool and somewhere I could laid my head for the next two weeks. I went down to have lunch and was not a big fan of the meal I had but no big deal, everyone has different taste buds. I'm very picky & have different taste any whoo. However, I just want to say after the day I checked in everything went smooth. The staff is friendly, they go out of their way to help you and they seem to never meet a stranger. This hotel made me feel like each day I was a part of their family from the resturant, the front desk and especially in the concierge. Gail is the most amazing person. She make you feel you are a part of her family and we would just sit and talk for hours and she never missed a beat or failed to take care of other customers who entered the room. She knows and remembers everyone name. Anyone who walked in Gail was up and helping that person and treating them like family too. If she even thought you needed something she was on it. Like I said I am a very picky eater and Gail can tell you. However, she never failed to make sure that each night when I left the concierge level that I had my bowl of grapes :-)! You know she did it for anyone, even if it just soup, hot tea and honey etc. I can't wait to go back! I just hate to not see this lady in my life when I not in Nashville. She would be a good friend. I also met the general manager and I am embarrassed to said I don't remember his name. I must said he is the type of general managers all hotels need. He can see a need before you do just to make your day a little lighter, brighter or so thankful he was around. Rainy days, cold days if he saw me with something he already asking can I take that, can I hold that, would you like, etc. Thank you so much for making my stay a home away from home such a pleasant one! That was the first time I had ever been to Nashville and people like that make it easier to return. P.S. I met so many patrons and just enjoyed sharing with them as well. Also, the second week a front desk clerk asked me about the points for platinum and gladly gave me my request!

Room Tip: get a room of the Concierge Level You gonna love Gail!
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience and for providing such outstanding feedback. I am very concerned about your Platinum benefit claim. Please contact Dan Willis - Director of Room Operations (daniel.willis@whitelodging.com) so that I may investigate this matter further!
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 10, 2013 via mobile

Very clean and very convenient to Vanderbilt and the local bars and restaurants. Also cheap cab to heart of downtown. Nice rooms and updated. Slightly better rates than some other comparable or lesser properties in Nashville. Can get crushed on Nashville rates if not careful, but found this rate fair for the busy weekend we were there. Traveled with 2 kids.

Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience. It truly helps our team gauge where our opportunities lie. We sincerely appreciate your patronage!
McKinney, Texas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 29, 2013

We had a wonderful time on our first trip to Nashville for our anniversary last year. Though the property was nice, it wasn't remarkable. The staff was was warm, friendly, and helpful. The shuttle drivers were great with a wealth of information about all that is Nashville. The rooms were on the small side. As an elite member, I usually get an upgraded room. However, there was a ball game in town so the property was sold out for one night of our stay. The country bars on Lower Broadway are a must see. The local talent is as good as it gets, especially the Second Fiddle. There is plenty of great dining nearby. Vanderbilt University, immediately adjacent to the hotel, is beautiful. As it was the weekend, the concierge's lounge was closed. While most every other Marriott I've stayed with has provided a complimentary breakfast in the restaurant for Saturday and Sunday, they just offered a $9 buffet in lieu, which is standard there for platinum members. Go for Nashville, not the property.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience. We will continue to evaluate our Elite Member offerings and appreciate your feedback. Thank you for your patronage!
Seattle, Washington
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 26, 2013

it's somewhat pricey for a marriott but they take AAA so be sure to ask about a AAA rate. also, the AAA discounts vary depending on the hotel occupancy rate so if you call back, they will honor a lower rate if it applies. the location is great if you need to be at vandy. the service is top notch. the gym is pretty small but nice. free apples and bananas at the gym too. my favorite place to stay in nashville.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for sharing your experience and allowing us to evaluate our opportunities. We look forward to serving you in the future!
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

The Marriott is a nice hotel with the perfect location for a Vanderbilt University visit. The staff was helpful and friendly. The shuttle service to nearby areas was helpful. Great restaurants within walking distance of the hotel. The football stadium is in the hotel's "backyard".

• Stayed January 2013
Thank you for sharing such an outstanding review!

Been to Marriott Nashville at Vanderbilt University? Share your experiences!