My wife and I stayed at this hotel for 4 nights, through New Year’s Eve. We picked the location due to it’s proximity to downtown and to Belmont. We were going to a Belmont basketball game one evening. . Also, the downtown places were either sold out or much more expensive. I would recommend this place with a few warnings.
The staff is very nice and accommodating. We arrived early and they moved the rooms around so we could check-in early. Even though it wasn’t much hassle, we were given free internet for the duration of our stay. The bar area is okay – bartenders provide good and timely service. We watched part of a basketball game there one afternoon.
The shuttle driver is nice and it’s a good service, but don’t depend on this for your only transportation around town. There is just one driver per shift and when it’s crowded (such as New Year’s Eve weekend), you will likely not be able to use the service unless you are willing to wait for a long while. We were on vacation and didn’t want to spend our time waiting. Cab service is readily available and not expensive ($8-$10 for a ride downtown).
Ask for a room overlooking the football field, not much on the other side. There are plenty of restaurants within walking distance of the hotel. Just be a little careful if you order pizza delivery. We ordered from one of the local places (New York something) at the recommendation of the hotel. The food was good, but found out after checking the menu prices the next morning we were over-charged. Obviously this wasn’t the hotel’s fault.
We would stay here again depending on the cost. The employees are hard-working and friendly. The hotel was very clean. We would probably prefer to stay closer to downtown, within walking distance of the bars on broadway, since that is where we spend most of our time.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Nashville's premier hotel is located in the center of vibrant midtown and the heart of Nashville's West end. The hotel overlooks the historic Vanderbilt University campus and stadium, one of America's leading private colleges. The hotel offers over 11,500 square feet of meeting and banquet facilities and is only a short walk to some of the finest restaurants and attractions in the city, one of Nashville's premier hotels. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Marriott, Travelocity, Orbitz, Odigeo, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com and Priceline so you can book your Marriott Nashville at Vanderbilt University reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Marriott Nashville At Vanderbilt University Hotel Nashville
- Marriott Vanderbilt University
- Nashville Marriott