“A great venue for all wedding related events.” 5 of 5 stars

Hotel packages
Special Offer
Book early and save 20%!
Ranked #43 of 152 Hotels in Nashville
“A great venue for all wedding related events.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 5, 2011

The staff at Marriott -Vanderbilt did an amazing job as our main hotel location for out of town guests for our son's recent wedding. From the front desk, to the bell staff, the bar, resturant and catering staff, every detail was accounted for. We received many very positive comments from our out of town guests

• Stayed April 2011

2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 3, 2011

Parking $25, Internet $$, Breakfast $$ would not recommend this hotel unless you are here for business or a marriot platinum member. NOT family friendly

• Stayed April 2011
1 Thank pleasantstranger62
DaleEmil, Manager at Marriott Nashville at Vanderbilt University, responded to this review, April 6, 2011
Thank you so much for choosing to stay with us and for taking the time out of your busy schedule to rate us! Although there is a daily parking charge of $21 for self and $24 for valet, I think you will find this to be well in line with many downtown metropolitan areas. It is also a fact that we have a $9.95 charge for internet usage. With this, comes FREE local AND long distance calls. Plus, there is FREE Wi-Fi available in the lobby and restaurant. In addition we have a full service restaurant with made to order omelet’s and full breakfast buffet with a la carte options as well. Most of our guests have found these charges to be commensurate with a downtown, full service hotel.

With our location being a stone's throw from Centennial Park and the famed Parthenon, a short drive from the Adventure Science Center and the warmest indoor pool in the downtown Nashville area, we have had many comments on how wonderful this location has been from a family perspective.

Again, we sure appreciate you rating us on tripadvisor.com. You are so valuable to us. With that in mind, I invite you, or any other past or future guest, to call me (Dale) directly at (615) 340-5150 any time. It would be my pleasure to assist you in any way possible.
Vienna, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 31, 2011

Met and/or exceeded the good things I've come to expect from Marriott. Super friendly staff, clean rooms, corridors, elevator, etc. Try as I would, I couldn't find a single thing to complain about.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled on business
Spartanburg, South Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 28, 2011

Spent a weekend at this hotel with the entire family...Me, wife and 3 kids...ages 13/10/7. Check in was easy even though the hotel was bustiling with activity. Valet parking was superb and actually worth the $25 per day. Enjoyed Breakfast buffet on Sunday morning...food was good and service was excellent. I recommend this hotel for any event near the Vandy campus. We enjoyed downtown music and were OK with the driving. this is one place that I can truly say you get what you pay for. I was pleasantly surprised with this Marriott. I will definitely stay here again when visiting Nashville.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled with family
Baltimore, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 27, 2011

This is a very nice Marriott, but what sets this hotel apart is the staff. I needed an urgent fax sent that was 50 pages long (!) AND had to run to a meeting. Carol kindly sent the fax for me, and put the original and confirmation in an envelope for me at the front desk. Kinko's was going to charge me $1.59/page. I have stayed here 4 times on business. Staff is always extra nice - better than 99% of the hotels I've stayed in.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 stars
DaleEmil, Manager at Marriott Nashville at Vanderbilt University, responded to this review, March 29, 2011
Baltimoremom60811, THANK YOU for such a wonderful review! We are truly fortunate to have associates and manager's such as Carol. I'd love to know the secret of how we'd rank as the BEST hotel you've ever stayed at. Thanks again and we sure look forward to serving you again soon!
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 13, 2011

Great location!!! Average room. I find it troubling that a 4 star hotel has double beds and not queens. I also find it troubling internet is not free. The room was no better, in fact not as good, as most hampton inn's or Courtyard marriotts I have stayed at. I bid on this room. I would have been unhappy if I paid full price for this room! But I still spent more than I would have at a Hampton or courtyard for not as great of an experience. Great location, though.

Guys at valet were AWESOME!

• Stayed February 2011
    • 3 of 5 stars
    • 3 of 5 stars
1 Thank Jlt198t
Austin, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 8, 2011

The Operations Manager at this Hotel is FANTASTIC! From the time I walked in the door with my 2 small children, until the time we checked out. He greeted us with such a Welcome greeting right when we walked in. He said hello to my kids, one of which is 2. He made conversation with us the whole time we were checking in and out. Always a consistent service! Overall OUTSTANDING! I will DEFINITELY come back to this hotel during my next visit!

• Stayed March 2011, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 stars
, General Manager at Marriott Nashville at Vanderbilt University, responded to this review, June 28, 2012
Thank you for your feedback and choosing Marriott. Yes, Dale is Fantastic.