“Met or exceeded my high expectations for Marriott” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Earn Rewards Points
Ranked #46 of 150 Hotels in Nashville
Vienna, Virginia
“Met or exceeded my high expectations for Marriott”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 31, 2011

Met and/or exceeded the good things I've come to expect from Marriott. Super friendly staff, clean rooms, corridors, elevator, etc. Try as I would, I couldn't find a single thing to complain about.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (99)
Spartanburg, South Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 28, 2011

Spent a weekend at this hotel with the entire family...Me, wife and 3 kids...ages 13/10/7. Check in was easy even though the hotel was bustiling with activity. Valet parking was superb and actually worth the $25 per day. Enjoyed Breakfast buffet on Sunday morning...food was good and service was excellent. I recommend this hotel for any event near the Vandy campus. We enjoyed downtown music and were OK with the driving. this is one place that I can truly say you get what you pay for. I was pleasantly surprised with this Marriott. I will definitely stay here again when visiting Nashville.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled with family
Baltimore, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 27, 2011

This is a very nice Marriott, but what sets this hotel apart is the staff. I needed an urgent fax sent that was 50 pages long (!) AND had to run to a meeting. Carol kindly sent the fax for me, and put the original and confirmation in an envelope for me at the front desk. Kinko's was going to charge me $1.59/page. I have stayed here 4 times on business. Staff is always extra nice - better than 99% of the hotels I've stayed in.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled on business
DaleEmil, Manager at Marriott Nashville at Vanderbilt University, responded to this review, March 29, 2011
Baltimoremom60811, THANK YOU for such a wonderful review! We are truly fortunate to have associates and manager's such as Carol. I'd love to know the secret of how we'd rank as the BEST hotel you've ever stayed at. Thanks again and we sure look forward to serving you again soon!
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 13, 2011

Great location!!! Average room. I find it troubling that a 4 star hotel has double beds and not queens. I also find it troubling internet is not free. The room was no better, in fact not as good, as most hampton inn's or Courtyard marriotts I have stayed at. I bid on this room. I would have been unhappy if I paid full price for this room! But I still spent more than I would have at a Hampton or courtyard for not as great of an experience. Great location, though.

Guys at valet were AWESOME!

• Stayed February 2011
Austin, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 8, 2011

The Operations Manager at this Hotel is FANTASTIC! From the time I walked in the door with my 2 small children, until the time we checked out. He greeted us with such a Welcome greeting right when we walked in. He said hello to my kids, one of which is 2. He made conversation with us the whole time we were checking in and out. Always a consistent service! Overall OUTSTANDING! I will DEFINITELY come back to this hotel during my next visit!

• Stayed March 2011, traveled with family
, General Manager at Marriott Nashville at Vanderbilt University, responded to this review, June 28, 2012
Thank you for your feedback and choosing Marriott. Yes, Dale is Fantastic.
Springfield, Ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 28, 2011

My wife and I traveled to Nashville recently for a long weekend getaway. Last minute, I checked priceline's "name your price" feature and landed a great deal on 4 night's stay.

The hotel was clean and overall was a good experience. We found the maid service to be a little loud when you're trying to take your midday nap. Other than that, no complaints. It is a short drive into town and the hotel offers a shuttle. It's a black suburban and the drivers were fantastic and excellent resources for where to go downtown. *Leave them nice tips. They are worth it and to us made this hotel win out over others.

Our king bed room was spacious, but the pillows were pretty weak. Other than that, great experience in the room.

*There is wi-fi but you have to pay for it. That seems awfully 1999, but what are you going to do. Overall, we'd go back again in a heartbeat. Vanderbilt's campus was beautifully and it was a peaceful area.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled as a couple
Cincinnati, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2011

Stayed at this hotel many times - mainly for business. Very centrally located for my purposes. Rooms are spacious and luxurious and the in-room amenities are great. They will provide you with a fridge if you ask for it, but no microwave.

The concierge lounge is awesome. The staff is always welcoming, warm and hospitable. Will definitely stay there again.

I love the valet parking too and now it is easier than ever to retrieve your car via texting to the valet directly.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled on business

Been to Marriott Nashville at Vanderbilt University? Share your experiences!