“Comfortable and Clean” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #84 of 149 Hotels in Nashville
Michigan
“Comfortable and Clean”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

I am a Platinum member of Marriott and stay in a lot of different places. This Fairfield is older but kept up very well. It is very clean and of course the beds are very comfortable as you would expect at Marriott. It has a beautiful indoor outdoor pool that would be great in summer. In the winter though it is impossible for them to keep the indoor pool heated enough to be comfortable to swim in. I was told that when the temps reach colder the heater which heats the indoor and outdoor pool can't keep up. Was disappointed in this because I love to swim laps while on the road. Other than that if you only care about a clean room and good bed it is great. Staff was very friendly and helpful. After all it was the cheapest Marriott by the airport. Probably would try the Courtyard next time.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
Atlanta, GA
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

Nashville's hotel rates have been escalating faster than most other cities. It seems they're filled with business customers during the week--and event travelers on the weekends.

I've stayed here several times. It is a below-average Marriott property, but it is a good value and allows convenient, easy access to Grand Ole Opry, Opry Mills, and about a 10 minute drive into downtown, Music Row, Vanderbilt. It's near the intersections of all major highways and makes for pretty easy navigation around town except during rush hours.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Paducah, KY
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 17, 2012

My husband and I traveled to nashville this past weekend and decided to go with this Fairfield because it was closest to our destination and it was a decent price. (especially with my associate discount.) When I booked the hotel, I was unimpressed with the drab decor. This property needs a renovation, especially since many other Fairfield's have converted to the Green Tea decor look with bright and vibrant colors. I think that alone would help it out a bit. The check in process was alright. The lady at the front desk seemed nice but didn't say much and only took my cards, gave me my keys and told me which way the elevator was and breakfast hours ect. I didn't feel very welcomed.

We got to the room and I was very impressed with how the room looked, cleanliness wise. Guadalupe cleaned our room and he/she did a fantastic job!!

Things got a little worse toward the end of the night. I called down and asked if I could have an extra blanket. The lady told me that IF she had one, I could have it. I went down to the desk to see IF she had one as well as to get some other things I'd asked for. The lady, whom I'm assuming was just coming onto the audit shift told me that the blanket was in the dryer and had about 10 minutes til it was done. (She didn't offer to bring it up to me or anything; this alone shocked me because if it was a guest at my hotel, I would have brought it to them.)

Something else that shocked me about the entire blanket ordeal was that there was only ONE blanket left in that ENTIRE hotel for me to use. I don't know about you, but that seems a little odd.

All in all, I rated this hotel 2 starts because the room was exceptionally clean. The staff wasn't so friendly, and the breakfast that they offered was minimal (while I was getting my food, the pantry was open and I could hear and see two employees discussing something that was not work related.) I will not be coming back to this hotel. Next time we are in nashville, I'd rather spend more in order to have a pleasant stay where the customers are valued.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Manager3311, Manager at Fairfield Inn Nashville Airport, responded to this review, January 26, 2013
We would like to thank you for staying with us. We apologize if the accomodations of the property were not to your liking. We want all of our guest to experience the excellent service that Fairfield Inn and Suites are known for providing. However when smoking in the room of a non smoking property you must realize there are problems that arise from that.
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 12, 2012 via mobile

Room unclean with a musty smell from old air unit. Needs renovation, Elevator was painfully slow. The room was asmall room with bare essentials. Breakfast marginal.

Manager was rude and unhelpful in response.

• Stayed December 2012
Lawrence, Kansas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

We have stayed here multiple times. The free breakfast is small, yet generous. The indoor pool is our favorite part. Great place for a family stay. The front desk staff is courteous and checked us into our rooms quickly. My husband and I use our corporate travel cards, which some hotels have a hard time processing, but the staff was knowledgeable and there were no delays. Our family will definitely continue to stay at this hotel. We are already big fans of Marriott anyway.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2012 via mobile

This Fairfield Inn is on par with other ones we've stayed in. It's within minutes of.....Downtown, Opryland and the airport. The staff is very friendly and attentive. Refrigerator and microwave in the rooms are always an added plus. They also offer room service. The menu has a good variety and the prices are reasonable. Overall the stay was great.

• Stayed October 2012
NYC
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 27, 2012

The service was absolutely stunning - what you'd expect from a high-end hotel where you're spending $500/night. Their staff were incredible. Polite, warm, inviting, thoughtful. Heck, our flight was oversold after the Alabama-Tennessee game, and so we ended up calling them from the airport to see if we could catch a ride back and spend another night, and not only did they drive right back over (within 5 minutes), but they gave us a screaming good rate, and even delivered a little goody bag with some treats to our room because they said they felt bad we'd gotten stranded.

The suites are well laid out, and everything is up-to-date in the rooms. Free airport service, free wifi, free breakfast (with a waffle maker - gotta love that), and a big indoor-outdoor pool.

The rooms are really quiet - the hotel is of solid construction. You don't hear the water running when someone flushes, or the tv from the next room blaring.

We would certainly stay there again!

Room Tip: Ask to stay on the top floor ;-)