“Not nearly the level of luxury expected for the $$” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Double Points!
Ranked #21 of 149 Hotels in Nashville
Decatur, United States
“Not nearly the level of luxury expected for the $$”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2013

This Embassy Suites is lovely, absolutely nothing wrong with it. The real challenge is that the price was WAY out of line with what I would have expected to pay for a similar stay. It was booked through a group that was having a conference at the hotel. Usually, this national nonprofit receives great discounts. But, I have paid much less to stay in much more luxurious hotels in Boston, New York, Los Angeles. The cost was just a little ridiculous!

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Embassy Suites Hotels

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (62)
De Soto, Missouri
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2013

Stayed 2 nights. Rooms were large enough to accomodate 6 women and all our stuff. The rooms were clean and roomy. The free breakfast and evening drinks were great. We made use of the shuttle the first night. Make sure you make reservations (both dropoff and pick) early because they do bookup. Last pickup is 10:00 pm. But we were close enough to walk to a couple spots after we got back to hotel. Cabs are easy to get to and from downtown though. It was a little to far to walk to music row, over a mi

We all loved Nashville!!

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends
Nashville
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2013

My husband and I stayed here on the night of our wedding. It was beautiful. Some loud party/bar was going on outside our room, but the microwave was nice so we could finally have a chance to eat our dinner.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple

Oklahoma City, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2013

The staff was friendly and helpful with arranging transportation. The hotel provided free shuttle service within 2 mile radius. Rooms were large and clean. Great hot breakfast included with made to order items including eggs and waffles.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business

San Diego, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2013 via mobile

I had the opportunity to stay 3 nights in this hotel. While I might have originally wanted to stay closer to downtown nightlife, I can now say how pleased I was with this stay here.

The suites are always so comfortable and it's great to have a living room to enjoy and wake up slowly and make your own tea & coffee if you like. I like to walk for exercise so walking to the college coffee houses from here (about a mile) was perfect.

Why I really wanted to write this review was to give a shoutout for the valet team. I chose not to rent a car partly because of the cost to park it at the hotel and not knowing if it was hard to find parking downtown in the evenings. The shuttle service worked out great for me! I could get a ride downtown as well as be picked up (until 10pm). They worked really hard to coordinate the times & needs of so many guests and had a great attitude. Give them a little tip of appreciation when you use the shuttle. Schedule in advance with them if you need a ride for a performance in the evening. They also will call a cab for you if they can't accommodate your timing.

Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends
St. Louis, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2013

This was my second stay at this hotel. It is likely I will be in Nashville at least once a year. Last time, I had no complaints with anything, especially the shuttle service. This time, however, there was a frequent loud noise in the room (sounded like knocking pipes) when someone turned on the water that persisted for a long time after. Also, the shuttle service was terrible this time. I waited 40 minutes one time to see the van pass by me and not pick me up. When I called, they said they couldn't get a hold of the driver, but they'd try. They did and he finally picked me up. He then had to make another pick up, (which no one was there, so we ended up passing by twice and then coming back) so I didn't get back to the hotel for an hour and a half after I called. Had I known that, I would have called a cab. The next day, I called for a pick up again and they could not give me an accurate idea of when they could pick me up. The driver was getting gas (there is a gas station down the street. That should NOT have taken that long). I decided to walk from the convention center to the hotel instead of go through what I did the day before. I think you should have a dedicated way to communicate with drivers. That way you can always reach them and better estimate your times. I'm not sure I will be staying at this hotel again.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Embassy Suites Hotels

Scott B, General Manager at Embassy Suites Hotel Nashville at Vanderbilt, responded to this review, October 31, 2013
Thanks for staying with us again, and for taking the time to share feedback on your experience. Sorry to hear about the trouble you had with our shuttle service and the disturbance caused by the noise from the plumbing issue. I wish we would have been able to offer you a better overall experience on this trip. I have shared your feedback with our Valet / Shuttle service team so that we can look for ways to improve going forward.

I hope you will consider staying with us again in the future so that we will have an opportunity to regain your trust.

Best regards,

Scott Balmaseda
Georgia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2013

We stayed with another couple for a Nashville weekend. I was pleasantly surprised with all the room upgrades since we were last here several years ago. While there is noise from the large bar deck at the Red Bar Saloon on 19th (south side of the hotel) the noise did stop early so it was not a problem if you stay on a higher floor. The staff was very helpful and polite and went out of their way to help with luggage. The breakfast is fabulous- bountiful and delicious. The location is perfect whether you are visiting music row, downtown fun or Vanderbilt. Parking fees are high but standard for Nashville. I would highly recommend this hotel

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Embassy Suites Hotel Nashville at Vanderbilt? Share your experiences!