“Overall pretty nice” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #20 of 149 Hotels in Nashville
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
“Overall pretty nice”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 13, 2013

I recently stayed at this hotel for business. Overall, I was quite happy during my visit. First, my room/suite was updated, large, and most importantly appeared clean. As others have mentioned there are multiple restaurants surrounding the hotel you are able to walk to and from. I did eat at the hotel one night (omaha steakhouse?) which was okay (wasnt the best, wasnt the worst). I did not eat breakfast at the hotel, so I cannot rate that. Again, as others have mentioned it does get rather loud at night. My room/suite was on the backside of the building so I did notice the noise at night. One night it did wake me up, as some nights were louder than others. This may be problematic if you have early mornings. I used my TV as a buffer to the noise, which helped. However, the TV connection was spotty for multiple days and they do not offer every station. I did call about the tv reception and was told it was a known problem that was in the process of being resolved. For as much as the customers pay, I would think they would try to resolve this quicker but I did notice it a difference by the end of the week. Lastly, the roof top deck was lacking. It was not well maintained, clean and was also very loud. I went out once to see the view (which was nice) but that was enough. Again, while it wasnt a perfect stay, I would I was happy with room and overall hotel.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (62)
Brutus
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 9, 2013

Was there with my daughter who was in town for business and who paid for the room. Would give 5 start but part of my ratings are always value for the money spent and this hotel is on the expensive side.

Room was beautiful with more than everything needed. Lobby area and staff were great. Elevator on the slow side. Internet was included with corporate rate she had but do not believe it is included in all rates. Breakfast in the morning was fantastic with hot and cold foods including an omelet station. Valet service worked well but as expected is costly. Did not use shuttle or any other services so cannot comment them.

Gigi's cupcakes across street...YUM!! and other restaurants within easy walking distance make this a nice location. Not close enough to Downtown to walk that though. We did walk about a mile to a restaurant we wanted to go to and it was a nice walk. Only concern was noise from the separate Bar on the back side of the hotel. We were on the 9th floor and at midnight my legs were tapping to the beat as I fell asleep. Ok for me but for those who need quiet the backside of the building might not be the best.

Room Tip: Avoid back side of hotel if music from the neighboring bar will bother you.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
darnestown md
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 7, 2013

We stayed here in February while visiting Vanderbilt University. Nice large room, comfortable bed, large bathroom and shower. Very clean hotel. All rooms are suites, so it was very spacious. Separate living room with pull out bed. Nice hot breakfast in morning. Not much of a cocktail hour or food served in afternoon but it is nice that they even offer it at all. Great shuttle that drops off/picks up within 2 miles of hotel-to Vanderbilt, downtown Nashville, etc. However, they stop running at about 10pm and get booked up in advance. I would recommend making your reservations with their shuttle service when you arrive. I would stay here again.

Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2013 via mobile

Complained how hot room was and manager brushed it off. Really did very little to fix the situation or make reasonable amends. We had to call several times to get it addressed. The basic reason to pay for a hotel stay is to sleep and it was so warm that was difficult. Taking $25 off one of our four rooms is not "making it right". Have been a Hilton Honors member for years and this is the most dissapointing stay to date.

• Stayed August 2013
Scott B, General Manager at Embassy Suites Hotel Nashville at Vanderbilt, responded to this review, September 5, 2013
Thank you for choosing our hotel for you and your family during your visit to Nashville. I was sorry to hear that the A/C system in your suite was not cooling the temperature enough for your comfort. Our goal is to always do whatever it takes to help insure the comfort of our guests, please accept my apology on our behalf for falling short of that mark in your case.

I did look into this by meeting with both the Manager (Ryan) and the Maintenance person (Ricky) that were helping you that morning. They were under the impression that the issue had been resolved to your satisfaction.

As I understand it, the temperature in your suite was at 70 when Ricky first arrived and after checking the unit and replacing the filter the system began bringing the temperature down into the 60's as you were hoping. The reason Ryan had only offered an adjustement on the one room was that it was the only room of the four that was having an issue (two of the rooms had not even arrived for check-in yet). Please bear in mind that in addition to the rate adjustment Ryan also issued extra bonus points to your Hilton Honors account, these additional points should be reflected on your account within the next two or three weeks.

Sorry again for the less than satisfactory experience, please contact me if I can be of any assistance.

Best Regards,

Scott Balmaseda
Newcastle, WA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013

We stayed here when we took my son back to college. It's a wonderful place and the location is right next to Vanderbilt. Every day there was a made to order breakfast buffet and an evening cocktail reception. The food was quite good especially the waffles. The staff was always asking how they could be of assistance, gave good directions, recommendations on local restaurants and there was a shuttle that would take you within a 2 mile radius which was very convenient. There's no pool onsite but they have an arrangement with a local aquatic center for guests.I'll be staying here on my next trip back to Nashville.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 31, 2013 via mobile

Just stayed at this hotel 2 nights ago. Hotel and facilities were generally ok, nothing too amazing. Location was a fair way out town, but the hotel did offer a shuttle service which was handy (but no air-con which was a bit of a pain! Poor driver having to put up with that!)

Breakfast was included and had a good variety buffet breakfast, both hot and cold.

Dinner, however was another story, waited over an hour for our food, then after asking the waitress what was happening and getting attitude in return, she had to re-take our order which then came back incorrect 20 minutes later! They were apologetic after this and gave us complimentary cocktails and dessert. I guess that helped!

Overall, hotel was ok, but would probably recommend to say somewhere closer to downtown.

Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 31, 2013

Great hotel but if you opt to self park instead of valet; be prepared for a tight squeeze through a labyrinth of tight corners and low ceilings. It may be worth the extra $4 to valet it. Otherwise the rooms are spacious with a nice staff. The hotel is situated in the heart of the downtown area within close proximity to the best fried chicken in Nashville, Hattie B's.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Embassy Suites Hotel Nashville at Vanderbilt? Share your experiences!