“Great employees” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #12 of 150 hotels in Nashville
Dyersburg, Tennessee
“Great employees”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 3, 2013

I stayed at Embassy for five nights in April 2013. I really enjoyed the hotel inside lobby was relaxing and has great views inside. From 530 to 730 all you can drink beer,wine or liquor was a blast. Each morning we ate breakfast for free which had good flavor. Very easy access to the parking garage just go to third floor and walk into garage to vehicle. Shuttle was very helpful. Only issue I had a very sarcastic male employee at front desk on 2nd shift with blonde hair. Knew is name during stay but his attitude could change. All employees were great and bent over backwards. Hotel is very nice place to stay and would recommend for sure!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Scott B, General Manager at Embassy Suites Hotel Nashville at Vanderbilt, responded to this review, May 8, 2013
Thank you for staying with us and for taking the time to share the nice feedback about your experience, we look forward to your next visit to Nashville!

402 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (46)
Lincoln City, OR, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 3, 2013

Lovely Hotel in a Wonderful City! Nashville, TN! The Embassy Suites Hotels chain is one of the best values out there. Complimentary FULL Breakfast. Complimentary Wine, Beer and mixed drinks in the evening for a whole two hours...with snacks! The rooms are always tastefully done and Clean. For the extras its worth the price.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family

Atlanta, Georgia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 2, 2013

I have stayed at many Embassy Suites and this is by no means the best or the worst (best to date was in Ft. Lauderdale; worst to date was in Tucson, but Tucson is Tucson and not an international destination).

The pros of this ES were: location, comfort and friendliness of staff.

The cons of this ES were:

over-priced, mediocre restaurant (Omaha Steakhouse) from which I ordered two different steak meals on two different nights, neither of which were edible. The first was a steak sandwich and it was just bad, all the way around. The other (a photo attached herein) was a steak salad which consisted of diced steak, potato? strips? and I don't remember what all on two single leaves of romaine... not quite a salad, and the meat was tough and of poor quality, at least in taste. I couldn't eat it, same with the sandwich. That said, not realizing how HUGE the portion of potatoes would be, I ordered the house made potato chips w/ blue cheese etc (photo attached). The flavors were good but the dish was fairly cold by the time it arrived at my room. Compared to the "salad", though, it was a first class meal.

From my room on the sixth floor I heard the television from the downstairs dining / drinking area 24/7. It's either the acoustics of the building or the volume on that tv needs to be turned waaay down.

Housekeeping was spotty. My room was clean upon entry (and no bed bugs!), but I soon discovered my drinking glasses had merely been wiped clean not actually cleaned. I made sure to wash them myself before using. The next day, after housecleaning had come/gone, I found my clearly dirty glasses stored neatly along with the clean ones. And the place could have used an extra dusting. No cob webs, but an extra dusting would have made a big appealing difference.

Parking was ridiculous, too, but I've come to expect this in Nashville.

Would I stay here again? Maybe. But I'd rather give another comparable hotel my next business.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
On behalf of the management and staff we’d like to thank you for your recent stay with us. We very much appreciate your business and thank you for selecting our hotel. Thank you for recognizing our staff for their friendliness, and please accept my apology on our behalf for the areas where we fell short of expectations. Our guests’ satisfaction is our main priority and I assure you that we will take your comments into consideration so that we may find ways to improve our hotel.

Thank you again for your review and we do hope that we may welcome you again in the future.

Best Regards,

Nashville, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 2, 2013

Like all Embassy Suites, we had no issues with the stay. The staff was friendly, the room was great and the amenities were perfect for us. Would definitely return to this hotel on our next trip to Nashville.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple

Ringgold, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 30, 2013

Very nice facility with friendly staff; clean and quiet; room had black out curtains, iHome dock, fridge, microwave; comfortable bed;separate bedroom and living room areas; Overall - Excellentamenities and value.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Embassy Suites Hotels

Thank you for sharing the kind words about your experience and for giving our brand a try. We hope to see you back again soon!

Best Regards,

Lexington, Kentucky
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2013

I was frantically trying to organize a bachelorette party within a few weeks and every good hotel downtown was booked during the only weekend we had scheduled. I managed to make reservations at a very poorly reviewed hotel simply because of its close location to Broadway. Luckily, I kept checking Priceline and managed to make reservations at this hotel at the last minute. It truly saved the bachelorette weekend. The hotel itself is very impressive and has a beautiful atrium. The rooms and bathroom were spacious, clean, and the beds were comfortable. The suite style was perfect for hosting a 13 person (originally 26!) bachelorette party! And the shuttle was easily available to take us to our dinner reservations and then bring us back 2 hours later. And I hate to say it, but we were probably one of those groups making way too much noise but never once received a complaint which I have to say was a relief. The hotel called us cabs when we were ready to go downtown and made everything MUCH easier for us. Unfortunately, we didn't make it to the breakfast (for obvious reasons) so I can't speak to that but this was an excellent hotel. In one room, we had 8 people and between the bed, pull-out bed (which was really not uncomfortable), and air mattresses, we still had more than enough space. While it's not really close enough to downtown to walk, it's not much further and is a very inexpensive cab ride away. If I were planning a bachelorette party again (hopefully not any time soon!), I would consider this place even if all the nice hotels downtown were available! The only negative criticisms I woud make are the $16/day fee for self-parking and even though we made the reservations last minute, I still feel that it was just a little too expensive for a single bed suite for only one night. If I were looking for just a place to crash for a night and save money, I would look elsewhere.

Room Tip: -The fridges in both are rooms did not seem to work at all so be sure to check them first before you...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
Thank you for choosing our hotel as the place to stay for your special occassion in Nashville. It's good to here that everything worked out so well and that you enjoyed your stay!

chicago,il
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 26, 2013

You can't go wrong with this hotel. The rates were very reasonable and the rooms are spacious and clean. We arrived at noon on a Saturday and were given a room immediately. There is a free shuttle that takes you downtown - about a mile away. Return shuttle pickups are about a 20 minute wait. The free happy hour is nice but there's way more going on downtown! Breakfast is great- we had wonderful omelette made to order by a very nice woman. I can't wait to go back to this fun town and stay here again.

• Stayed March 2013
Thank you for being our guest and for taking the time to share all the nice feedback about your experience. We look forward to seeing you back the next time you are in town!

Scott Balmaseda

Been to Embassy Suites Hotel Nashville at Vanderbilt? Share your experiences!