“Ryan Jorstad is a Great Guest Service Manager” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Double Points!
Ranked #20 of 149 Hotels in Nashville
Spokane, Washington
“Ryan Jorstad is a Great Guest Service Manager”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 16, 2012

My brother registered before me though I booked the rooms. I had requested a low floor for him because he fears heights. He was put on the fifth floor because the clerk thought we wanted to be near each other. My brother was in a panic. He couldn't even stand up in the room. I talked to Ryan, he lent me a wheel chair to get my brother out of the room and downstairs, and, though the hotel was full, found a room on the second floor right across from the elevator. Ryan made the transition so easy, all I had to do was move my brother. I stayed eight days while my brother was in the hospital, and Ryan greeted me each time I saw him. What a great asset to the Hilton brand!

Room Tip: Higher floors have less traffic noise.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (62)
Tennessee
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 13, 2012

Most Embassy Suites are relatively similar and this one was no different. The staff and valets were excellent. We never had to wait long for our vehicle. The room was clean and the bed was comfortable. The only reason I wouldn't give it five stars is because it didn't have a pool. It did have a hot tub and a sauna in the fitness area but a pool would have been nice.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Cleveland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 3, 2012

I've stayed at other Embassy Suites and let me say they are all pretty much the same. I will keep it short and to the basics. The location is absolutely great and the shuttle service that will take you in a 2 mile radius is top notch. Every single hotel employee I encountered was very friendly and nice to deal with. Rooms were clean with the layout as what you would expect at a ES. Lobby area was clean and appeared to be well kept. The only area that could be improved would be the garage like others had said. I do understand they are working with a small and old garage and a complete renovation probably doesn't make sense, but it could use a good power wash, especially around the elevator area. This by no means negatively affected my stay. Overall, I'll surely be back to Nashville and would very likely stay here again.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Singapore, Singapore
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 30, 2012

I stayed there for my one week course with Belmont University. Pleasant stay, helpful staff, I heard there was a shuttle to downtown even though I didn't take it.

Breakfast was nice, but had exactly the same spread for the entire 5 days I was there.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Dallas, Texas
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 24, 2012

Standard ES layout and features, but this particular property did not live up to expectations. First, let me start by saying that the service was very good, especially the guys at the door and the front desk staff. The rooms were clean and the living area and bathroom were spacious and comfortable, but the beds (two full beds) were so crammed into the room that you could only access the beds from one side, since the other side was so close to the wall. The breakfast was the standard ES fare, with omelets being the specialty (other made to order items like pancakes were of the very basic IHOP kind - nothing wrong with that, just that they don't get as much attention as the omelets). At this particular property the breakfast area was very crammed, with tables in hallway/traffic areas, even two feet from the restroom doors. With the hotel less than half occupied, I cannot imagine how it would be with full occupancy. The worse was the parking (which other reviewers complained about, but I never thought it would really be that bad). The parking garage was extremely crammed, with difficult, narrow turns and very small spaces, half of which did not have enough clearance for minivans or SUVs. Luckily with the low occupancy we were able to use two spaces. Also the concrete in the garage, all the way to the hotel elevator, was filthy and could seriously use a power wash.

Room Tip: Be aware of the parking situation if you have a big vehicle
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Scott B, General Manager at Embassy Suites Hotel Nashville at Vanderbilt, responded to this review, November 30, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to post your feedback. Please accept our sincere apology. We want you to know that the comments we receive from our guests are taken very seriously and your suggestions will help us to improve. I'm glad to hear that you were able to find a space in our garage with enough room for your vehicle, we do plan to complete a deep cleaning of that area over the upcoming Christmas holiday while the hotel is at low occupancy. Our guest comfort and convenience are of utmost importance and we are definitely taking your comments into consideration to help us improve our guest experience. Again, please accept our apologies for the inconvenience you experienced. If I can be of further assistance please feel free to contact me.
Best regards,
Chicago, Illinois, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2012

Can't say anything bad about the trip. My friends and I went down there for a weekend trip to see the Bears play. We didn't spend an excessive amount of time there, but the service was great, the room was nice, and the breakfast buffet was delicious. It is located near Vanderbilt and is walking distance to many good bars and restaurants. They also provided a shuttle to a brewery tour that was a couple miles away, and even picked us up when the cab that we called did not come. On gameday they even provided a shuttle to the downtown area. Breakfast buffet was great, enough options to satisfy. We stayed on the Hilton Honors floor, so the room was expected to be bigger and it was and was in great condition. All in all I would recommend it here.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
Scott B, General Manager at Embassy Suites Hotel Nashville at Vanderbilt, responded to this review, November 9, 2012
That's what we like to hear, I'm glad you had such a good experience! Congratulations on your teams victory. They really gave our Titans a beating that day, but we'll be back and we hope to see you back as well the next time!

Best Regards,
East Tennessee
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2012

Outstanding in every way. From the check in to the breakfast to the managers receptions, never a bad experience. I have stayed here atleast 20 nights in the past 3 or 4 years and it is a very well run hotel. Location is excellent and the service has always been first rate.

Room Tip: If you self park you can access your room easily and get your car quicker than the valet. I have st...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
Thank you very much for your kind words and for your ongoing patronage! I look forwrd to sharing your feedback with our team.

Best Regards,
Scott Balmaseda

Been to Embassy Suites Hotel Nashville at Vanderbilt? Share your experiences!