“Pleasant Stay” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #17 of 150 hotels in Nashville
Singapore, Singapore
“Pleasant Stay”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 30, 2012

I stayed there for my one week course with Belmont University. Pleasant stay, helpful staff, I heard there was a shuttle to downtown even though I didn't take it.

Breakfast was nice, but had exactly the same spread for the entire 5 days I was there.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business

455 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (49)
Dallas, Texas
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 24, 2012

Standard ES layout and features, but this particular property did not live up to expectations. First, let me start by saying that the service was very good, especially the guys at the door and the front desk staff. The rooms were clean and the living area and bathroom were spacious and comfortable, but the beds (two full beds) were so crammed into the room that you could only access the beds from one side, since the other side was so close to the wall. The breakfast was the standard ES fare, with omelets being the specialty (other made to order items like pancakes were of the very basic IHOP kind - nothing wrong with that, just that they don't get as much attention as the omelets). At this particular property the breakfast area was very crammed, with tables in hallway/traffic areas, even two feet from the restroom doors. With the hotel less than half occupied, I cannot imagine how it would be with full occupancy. The worse was the parking (which other reviewers complained about, but I never thought it would really be that bad). The parking garage was extremely crammed, with difficult, narrow turns and very small spaces, half of which did not have enough clearance for minivans or SUVs. Luckily with the low occupancy we were able to use two spaces. Also the concrete in the garage, all the way to the hotel elevator, was filthy and could seriously use a power wash.

Room Tip: Be aware of the parking situation if you have a big vehicle
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Scott B, General Manager at Embassy Suites Hotel Nashville at Vanderbilt, responded to this review, November 30, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to post your feedback. Please accept our sincere apology. We want you to know that the comments we receive from our guests are taken very seriously and your suggestions will help us to improve. I'm glad to hear that you were able to find a space in our garage with enough room for your vehicle, we do plan to complete a deep cleaning of that area over the upcoming Christmas holiday while the hotel is at low occupancy. Our guest comfort and convenience are of utmost importance and we are definitely taking your comments into consideration to help us improve our guest experience. Again, please accept our apologies for the inconvenience you experienced. If I can be of further assistance please feel free to contact me.
Best regards,
Chicago, Illinois, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2012

Can't say anything bad about the trip. My friends and I went down there for a weekend trip to see the Bears play. We didn't spend an excessive amount of time there, but the service was great, the room was nice, and the breakfast buffet was delicious. It is located near Vanderbilt and is walking distance to many good bars and restaurants. They also provided a shuttle to a brewery tour that was a couple miles away, and even picked us up when the cab that we called did not come. On gameday they even provided a shuttle to the downtown area. Breakfast buffet was great, enough options to satisfy. We stayed on the Hilton Honors floor, so the room was expected to be bigger and it was and was in great condition. All in all I would recommend it here.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
Scott B, General Manager at Embassy Suites Hotel Nashville at Vanderbilt, responded to this review, November 9, 2012
That's what we like to hear, I'm glad you had such a good experience! Congratulations on your teams victory. They really gave our Titans a beating that day, but we'll be back and we hope to see you back as well the next time!

East Tennessee
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2012

Outstanding in every way. From the check in to the breakfast to the managers receptions, never a bad experience. I have stayed here atleast 20 nights in the past 3 or 4 years and it is a very well run hotel. Location is excellent and the service has always been first rate.

Room Tip: If you self park you can access your room easily and get your car quicker than the valet. I have st...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
Thank you very much for your kind words and for your ongoing patronage! I look forwrd to sharing your feedback with our team.

Dallas, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 30, 2012

We needed a room for one night after driving from Louisville. I was attending a luncheon with an old friend. My wife preferred to stay at the hotel and therefore we needed an early check in. Katherine, the receptionist on the phone, advised that she would take care of our needs. Sure enough she did, checking us in with a big smile and arranging for a non-smoking room near the elevator as requested. Could not have been better. So I was happy as was my wife.

On arrival I found that there was a free shuttle available to carry us within a two mile radius. That made it easy to decide on leaving the car at the hotel and catching a ride to Vanderbilt rather than trying to find a parking space there. For many people walking there is a good choice but not for me. By choosing valet parking I did not have to worry about carrying bags, looking for a spot, etc etc. A few dollars difference was well worth it. Incidentally many of the hotels near Vanderbilt charge for parking also. The valet staff also handles the shuttle. They were friendly and efficient. I saw two different vehicles being used including one that handled ten large men.( maybe nine).

One thing to watch out for is the timing of your visit. If it is parents weekend, reunion or a football game, be sure that you know what the pricing will be. It seems to vary depending upon what is happening. You may wish to compare prices with other venues further away from Vanderbilt. We were there midweek and with AARP or AAA we were quite satisfied with the cost benefit ratio.

It is pretty good when you can have complimentary breakfast eggs cooked to order with all the bacon you want. The lobby atrium had good conversation areas.

We enjoyed our stay in the two rooms (with bath, refrigerator etc) .that were quiet even though very close to the elevator.

We will use them again when I go back for my 65th Vanderbilt Reunion!

Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Thank you for sharing the nice feedback on your experience. Glad to hear that Katherine was able to help out with your request and that you and your wife enjoyed your Vanderbilt reunion visit, we will look forward to your return for the next one!

Chattanooga, Tennessee
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2012

We were here only for one night and everything went well. The room was clean and smelled fresh, the bathroom was stocked with toiletries and plenty of towels.
Check-in was a breeze and didn't take long at all.

The only downside for me was the parking $16 to self park $4 to valet.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Thanks, we hope to see you back the next time you are in town!
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2012 via mobile

We came here for the Colts game. While the location and service are amazing the value is not. Two nights set us back $774. Advertised as $289 / night we were surprised to see nearly 20% in hotel taxes and fees. Extra person charge $10 / night? Was that my wife or 4 year old?

Location. Right in the heart of downtown with great restaurants all around. The shuttle will take you anywhere within a 2 mile radius until 10 pm. That's a definite perk.

Room. The room was huge, even by Embassy Suites standards - we could have fit 2 more families of three! The problem was the furniture, colors, carpet and fixtures all need a serious upgrade in order to justify the price tag.

Breakfast. The food was so-so. The waffles are good and the fried eggs decent, but what about some biscuits and gravy? The Embassy Suites in Ridgeland, MS has that and it's $160 per night!

Manager's Special. They have a great bartender for this thing, but the quality of the liquor is appalling. I'm not looking for anything crazy, but we're in TN, where's the Jack?

Facilities. The place is decently clean, but we did find our room in questionable condition. On day two one of the elevators went down. That made checkout "fun."

Highlights. The vallet service was the best I've seen, fast, responsive, courteous, professional. The front desk was knowledgable and tried to make the experience positive. The location can't be beat - Hattie B's Hot Chicken across the street; all the flavor of Princes' without the need to carry a firearm.

Final Thoughts. Unless this place gets remodeled or the price goes down to meet the quality we won't be back. I love Emassy Suites hotels but I'm just not going to shell out the greenbacks for a substandard hotel. I'll be at Best Western next time in Nashville.

• Stayed October 2012
Please accept my apology on our behalf for an experience that fell below expectations. We have a great team here and work hard to try and insure that each guest has the best possible experience while at our hotel.

We have our next phase of renovation work scheduled to begin this winter, which is sure to address some of your concerns related to decor. Thank you for staying with us, I hope you will decide to give us another opportunity to become your hotel of choice in Nashville.

Scott Balmaseda

Been to Embassy Suites Hotel Nashville at Vanderbilt? Share your experiences!