“An oasis after a very bad day” 5 of 5 stars

Drury Inn & Suites Nashville Airport
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   555 Donelson Pike, Nashville, TN 37214   |
Ranked #6 of 151 Hotels in Nashville
Sacramento, California
“An oasis after a very bad day”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 5, 2013 via mobile

After several cancelled flights and no way out of Nashville, American Airlines comped my stay at the Drury. It was almost 10:00 pm when the free airport shuttle brought me to the hotel. I was met by the manager who quickly checked me in. Absolutely no hassle. He asked why I was comped by the airline and I told him my story. The manager then offered to get me some food and something to drink since I had not had the chance to have dinner. Such a nice offer!
The room was extremely quite and clean. The bed was comfortable and I quickly settled in and fell asleep.
The next morning when I checked out, the desk clerk offered to let me grab breakfast even though it was slightly before the scheduled openning time.
I was bowled over by the kindness of the customer focused staff. It has been awhile since I experienced such service. The entire experience was much better than the hotel I had stayed at in Nashville while on my business trip. I wish my company had booked the Drury hotel instead!

Stayed October 2013, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (130)
Manteca, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 2, 2013

The Drury is always a nice place to stay. I had an upgrade so I had a suite which is always nice. They have popcorn and soda in the afternoon.. Dinner at night and Breakfast in the morning which is all included. If you like them on Facebook then they put free upgrades and $10 off coupons that you can print and use. Their points add up fast and they are always NICE. Tim the Manager here came around at dinner and talked to everyone and helped clean up and do chores, which I thought was really nice. This Drury is a very good place to stay in-between the downtown and the Grand Ole Opry. It is not very far to the Grand Ole Opry so after the show it was a nice short drive back. I would stay here again. The pool was nice. Indoor, outdoor pool and hot tub. We also took advantage of the laundry and caught up getting some clean clothes to go on with.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Monroe, Georgia, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 28, 2013

I try to stay at a Drury Inn when I travel because I have found them to be consistently clean and comfortable. My only concern about this one is that the eating area is crowded during the kickback hour. The other Inns seem to have a lot more room.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
Flowery Branch, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 27, 2013

We had a chance to stop in Nashville and chose the Drury Inn. We were not disappointed! Had a nice room and their kickback hour was great! We had enough to fill our tummies for dinner! With hot dogs and pasta and meatballs, salad and soup, baked potatoes, nachos and raw veggies there was something to please everyone! Breakfast was great also! This hotel chain has hit on something to set them apart. The hotel personnel are very nice and so helpful. Another good point on there kickback hour, which is really 1-1/2 hours, is that it give guests the opportunity to mix and mingle....nice touch in a busy world!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Ontario Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 26, 2013

Booked this on strength of reviews. We are English Canadians who stayed at the end of September. The hotel is a little dated in decoration, but it is immaculately clean and there are staff around constantly wiping, shining and buffing. Tim, the General Manager, seems to work 20 hours out of 24 - he's always around, checking that guests are happy and have everything they need. The food and drink service at 5.30 is a welcome bonus, and the breakfast is good for what it is. Beds comfy, very clean bathrooms and a great welcome. For the band of hotel it is in, this one really ticks every box. Great job everyone.

Room Tip: The rooms are quiet since the hotel is a concrete block construction.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Jonestown, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 26, 2013

This was our first time staying at the hotel chain and it was very good. We stayed two nights but you could not beat the value for the money. Their breakfast was very good but at 5:30 they have what is called a kickback with a great menu of party food and mix drinks. This is something only high end hotels have but you have it here at the Drury Inn. Also the staff went our of their way to make you feel welcome. The only problem we was making a left out of the hotel to get on the interstate.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
Mississippi
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2013

Will assisted us at check in as well as several other times throughout our stay. He is the kind of employee all hotels should strive to employ. If we had Will at every hotel along our trip, it would make each hotel stay more enjoyable. Nice pet friendly location. Free parking. Large rooms.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends

Been to Drury Inn & Suites Nashville Airport? Share your experiences!