“Excellent Drury Hotels” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #7 of 150 Hotels in Nashville
Edgewater, Florida
“Excellent Drury Hotels”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 5, 2013

We have stayed in Drury Hotels in Columbus, Nashville, Marietta, Greensborough, Champaign - and they have all been first rate! The Happy Hour food is plentiful and tasty; the breakfasts are hot and excellent - they set us up for the whole day of traveling. We stayed at the Nashville Drury because of car trouble, and we had excellent advice and directions.

Room Tip: There are no bad rooms, in my opinion.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (103)
North Tustin
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 1, 2013

Multiple stays over the past year and a half. Very friendly staff, remembered my name, likes & dislikes. Decent selection for breakfast buffet. Happy hour foods not as much. Happy hour can be crowded with tour bus groups. Acceptable gym/pool.

Room Tip: Avoid rooms overlooking lobby, can be noisy
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Minneapolis, MN
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2013

My wife and I stayed at the Drury Inn & Suites Nashville Airport for a weekend getaway in March. We needed a place that would accept our golden retriever.

This is the nicest pet friendly hotel I've ever been to. I'm normally used to being given an unclean smoker's room. Instead, we were give a pet convenient room at the back of the hotel and explained the fair, common sense policy (separate entrance in back, no pets in common areas such as lobby/pool, no pets alone in room for more than 30 min, etc.)

The "Drury Extras" were new and unexpected to us. I took advantage of the breakfast one morning and of the afternoon "KickBack" service on another day. It's certainly popular but there's plenty of overflow seating in the Meeting Room just off the lobby.

This location is a stone's throw from I-40 and the airport. It's also convenient to the Briley Parkway (Highway 155) which can get you to the Opryland area in less than 10 minutes. If ever back in Nashville I'd stay here in a heartbeat.

We unexpectedly had to stay overnight in Illinois on our drive back home due to weather - to my delight there was a Drury there!

Owensboro, Kentucky
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2013

We picked this hotel because the hotel we normally stay in and all the hotels around it were sold out for this past weekend when we were travelling. I chose this hotel because it had high trip advsior ratings and it was really inexpensive. The room was very modern and very pretty. The bathroom has some plumbing issues. The toilet had trouble flushing and the shower had virtually no water pressure. We didn't call the front desk to complain so I don't know how they would have handled the bathroom issues. If you check in after a certain time at night the front desk clerk has to buzz you in which was kinda ghetto and scary. It was difficult to find parking but I imagine the hotel was probably close to sold out so that could account for the parking issues. There is a 530 kickback with booze and food. The lady checking us in offered me drink coupons but I wasn't sure we would be there at the time of the event so I declined them. The lobby was packed out with people for the kickback so I assume a lot of people take advantage of this. I would recommend asking for a hallway room because we had an atrium room and you could smell the popcorn smell in our room during and after the kickback thing. Overall this hotel is super clean, nice rooms, the parking was bad but again it was probably because it was a busy weekend and we got a really great price on our room. .

Room Tip: Ask for a hallway room not an atrium room
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
DruryHotels, General Manager at Drury Inn & Suites Nashville Airport, responded to this review, April 3, 2013
Thank you for your review of our hotel. We sincerely apologize that you had a concern with plumbing during your stay at our hotel. If at any time you ever experience any issues please contact one of our Guest Service Agents and we will gladly fix it for you. We do require a guest room key for access to the hotel in the evenings. We do this at all locations as an added extra layer of security for all of our guests. This is not a reflection of the area or the property itself.

That being said, I was quite pleased to read that you enjoyed the cleanliness of our hotel. I am proud of the efforts put forth on your behalf and appreciate your comments.

Again, thank you for staying with Drury Hotels. We truly appreciate your business and look forward to seeing you soon.
Manitowoc
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 23, 2013

We drove from Wisconsin to Florida and needed to book a hotel half way. I thought we were going to lose our reservation since GPS wasn't the greatest and we got lost a couple times. Mike checked us in and was absolutely wonderful. He brought us extra pillows and blankets. The room was so much better than I expected, super clean and I even checked for the hair under the covers and on the pillows. None found! While we are only staying overnight, we have already talked about staying here on our way back from Florida. The pool is indoor/outdoor and can swim under a window to get outside. They have breakfast in the morning and snacks at night. Plus a waffle house, McDonalds, Arby's, and Big Kmart across the street if you need anything else.

Room Tip: King beds are huge. We were in room 627.
Illinois
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 21, 2013

The hotel was ok. It looked like just about every other Drury. I think it could use some updating. The beds were very nice and quite comfortable however, the shower in the adjoining room woke us up at 5 a.m. It was quite loud and very disturbing. Breakfast was delicious. I wish the pool had later hours. We had tickets to the Opry and by the time we returned to the hotel the pool was closed. We also had to miss out on the Kickback due to the Opry tickets so I can't comment on the evening meal option. The staff was very friendly and helpful. Will likely stay again if we're in the area.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
DruryHotels, General Manager at Drury Inn & Suites Nashville Airport, responded to this review, April 2, 2013
Thank you for your review of our hotel. We sincerely apologize that you had a concern with noise during your stay. I was quite pleased to read that you enjoyed our breakfast and found our staff friendly and helpful. I am proud of the efforts put forth on your behalf and appreciate your comments. Again, thank you for staying with Drury Hotels. We truly appreciate your business and look forward to seeing you soon!
USA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013

My family and I stayed at the Drury Inn & Suites in Nashville in February and had a wonderful time. My 5 year old grandson was with us and had a wonderful time in the indoor/outdoor pool with his dad. When I asked about a restaurant in the Inn, we were told that there was a hot buffet that was complementary in the evening. We expected a "happy hour" sort of offering, but were pleased to find a wind range of simple dinner offerings that was included in the price of our room - pasta, hot dogs,chili, nachos, 3 complementary alcoholic drinks per adult guest, soft drinks, dessert, etc. On top of all of this, the staff was very accommodating and pleasant. And, the beds were comfortable, as was the seating.
Definitely would look for a Drury Inn again based on our stay in Nashville.

Room Tip: We had king suites which were perfect and inexpensive.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with family

Been to Drury Inn & Suites Nashville Airport? Share your experiences!