“Nothing Great, nothing Bad” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Hyatt Place Nashville Airport

Save Saved
You added Hyatt Place Nashville Airport to your Saves list
Hyatt Place Nashville Airport
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   721 Royal Parkway, Nashville, TN 37214 (Formerly AmeriSuites Nashville Airport)   |
Hotel deals
Offers & Announcements
Park, Stay & Fly
Ranked #49 of 150 Hotels in Nashville
Round Rock, Texas
“Nothing Great, nothing Bad”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2014

I stayed at this hotel last week because my preferred hotel was booked out.

First let me say this - This is an Airport hotel (3 minutes down the street), so you will naturally get some crime (other reviews stating such) as they are never in the best neighborhoods. Even without being near the airport, you cannot blame the hotels for such issues, as parking lots are never gated.

On the flip side, all of the airport hotels are all nearby this hotel, so you have plenty of choices.

Entry/Lobby - Very cozy and quaint. Plenty of sitting areas and clean. They even have a small bar serving alcohol. Again, quite small and cozy as this is a smaller hotel.

Hallways - The halls to the rooms resembled a dormitory. They are dark/dingy and the carpets in the halls were dirty.

Rooms - I asked to be moved as they put me right next to the elevator and I didn't want to hear that all night. I had a larger room to start and when they moved me down the hall, my room got a little smaller. There was nothing to write home about for the rooms, as they were a little older and showing their wear.

I really cannot write more, as this is a hotel good for one night, but I would not make this my first hotel as there are nicer in the area. Nothing bad, but nothing good either.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
Marion P, Manager at Hyatt Place Nashville Airport, responded to this review, August 1, 2014
Thank you for the review of our property. I also enjoy the comforting, cozy feeling ofour lobby. I apologize that you were moved to a smaller room than you were originally assigned to, but I am glad to hear that we were able to accomodate your request to move to a less noisey part of the hotel.

We are planned to under go rennovations in the future and hope you will stay with us again once they are completed.

Looking forward to your next visit to the Hyatt Place Nashville Airport,

Asst. General Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
Livonia, Michigan
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2014

We stayed at Hyatt Place Nashville Airport on our way home to Michigan from Florida. Although I booked the room on-line over a week before the trip and selected from the choices offered a room with two double beds, I was told at check in that they were sold out and when I entered my room I discovered I had a King bed accessible room. I was traveling with three children of different ages and really needed the three beds (includes the sofa bed I was counting on). When I called down I was told several times that there was a sofa bed- I knew that!! He also said they don't have roll away because they have sofa beds. I was very frustrated and it made for an uncomfortable night. The bathroom had no tub- I have twin 4 year olds and showering them in the accessible shower kind of freaked them out and was a slip hazard because there was water everywhere.

In the morning, we discovered that my truck had been broken into- the rear window was smashed and we were robbed. The truck was ransacked. The hotel has no cameras and the parking lot is very small and doesn't accommodate all guests so I was parked down a small hill from the hotel. The police officer who came to assist me said I was the tenth one he responded to that morning and that it happens EVERY WEEKEND at this hotel and the one across the lot as well as others in the airport area. He stated the hotels know about it and do NOTHING. The officer then discovered other victims when cruising the lot after finishing my report. While the staff was very helpful with vacuuming my truck with me and supplying garbage bags and duct tape for the long ride home, it took several hours to do this and necessitated another night in a hotel on the trip home. I had planned to drive home that day but with the late start I had to stop rather than arrive home at 2 am. They said they would compensate me by giving me "points" to use for a free night and reimburse my points for this night, but of course they did not. I am so disgusted that they don't protect guests with cameras, lights and hire a security guard to patrol so guests don't have a trip interrupted and incur the costs of repair and stolen items as well as increased insurance rates for the claim, as well as higher trip costs. This is the second time I have had a bad experience with Hyatt Place. It is so disappointing. They only had one elevator working, at breakfast they were constantly out of plates, silverware, glasses and some food items. I will never stop in Nashville on a trip again and I want to warn other travelers to be careful because of the frequent break-ins to cars in that area. I have traveled extensively in the US and through Canada by car and have never had a problem until now. When I followed up with Hyatt after returning home, they were not willing to take any responsibility for the situation. They told me they have signs that say they are not responsible for cars in their lot. Well, where are we supposed to park? I couldn't even park directly in their lot that night because it was full, not that it would have mattered, because several other vehicles in the lot were also broken into. I am very upset with the situation and the lack of customer service and unwillingness to protect guests. When I suggested that they add more lighting, cameras and security I was told again that they had signs saying they were not responsible, so "why would we have cameras when we are not responsible for cars parked in our lot". So BEWARE! The only way to ensure you won't have a problem at the Hyatt Place Nashville Airport is to NOT STAY HERE!

Mary T,

Thank you for your time in reviewing us on TripAdvisor. Though out of our control, we regret the incident that occured. As you are aware the appropriate agencies have been notified and are handling this case accordingly.

New York City, New York
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2014

You get what you pay for which for many may make this an above average hotel but for me it was just average. I deliberately booked a hyatt.

Service was nice - front desk and shuttle driver. Above average. Courteous and tried tobacco date requests. Though a room was not available they checked us in early so we would be all set when we came back later that night to head to our room.

Continental breakfast look good and some options including fruit as a healthier choice. Free coffee.

The room was large but average. Felt clean enough and had the expected amenities but felt in need of an update.

Only complaint would be shuttle from airport. We wanted a cab but he informed us there was a free shuttle. We crossed the street to the phone but there was no number to connect to hyatt airport. Had to call the other hyatt which transferred me. I was then informed the shuttle was taking employees to training and if I took a can they would pay for it. The can driver informed me this was normal and he now lot his spot in the 2 hr airport line for a 4 min ride. When I arrived at hyatt I learned I was supposed to let the cab wait so desk could pay. So hyatt a warning not to pay and expect reimbursement.

I saw a sign for a pool but did not check it out. All in all what you expect from an airport hotel. Convenience. But expected a bit more from Hyatt. Lovely, courteous, professional staff and good service but a bit outdated.

Stayed July 2014
Thank you for taking the time to review our property! I am glad that you found our staff to be helpful and courteous and that they were able to accomodate your needs.

Please know that we are expecting rennovations of our property soon and hope that you will come back and visit us once they are completed.

Arlington, Virginia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2014

I was on a long drive and spent one night at this hotel. I liked it -- typical Hyatt Place with good service and a budget-friendly price. I used the pool and it was very nice. The room itself was decent, though there was a humidity in the air that we couldn't air condition out, and the toilet was slow to flush.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Thank you for taking the time to review our property, were glad you "liked it here" as we loved having your here! I apologize that the air conditioning was not able to cool your room down for your enjoyment, we certainly understand the humidity here can be stiffling.

We look forward to your next visit to the Hyatt Place Nashville Airport.

Arlington, Virginia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2014

This is a good hotel if you are looking for a quick stay by the airport. Otherwise i'd look around. During my recent stay I was traveling across country on a permanent move and had to bring my dog. Finding a place that is decent and also allows dogs is a pain, what made it a bit worse is finding out that when I arrived there was a $75 pet fee. While I understand some dogs and make a mess, I have a dog which is 22 lb. and is very housebroken. I feel this policy could be better served to have as a penalty on checkout if your dog has caused any damage rather than just outright.

Otherwise, the room was fine, nothing stands out bad/good. The breakfast was extremely disappointing, as there was never much food prepared and what was laid out was less than what I have experienced in typical Hyatt stays.

Location wise, close to airport but other than fast food and low end chain restaurant places there isn't much within a 10 min drive. Stay here if it's the best price is my recommendation but don't go out of your way.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Thank you for your response regarding your recent stay. We absolutely love pets staying on our property and your right not all dogs make a mess, the charge is a flat rate due to the fact that the the rooms have to be deep cleaned after the departure of every animal. I apologize that we were unable to exceed your expectations, though we hope that you give us another chance the next time you visit Nashville!!
Peachtree City
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2014

This hotel is located in a Business District and is about 20 minutes from downtown. I love this hotel and the employees go out of their way to make you feel comfortable. There are a couple restaurant's in the area to choose from in the area. I had two rooms and the only problem I had was in one of the rooms the sheets had a stain on them and found a bug in the bathroom. Overall it's a nice hotel and would consider staying there again, if in the area.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Thnak you for your review of our property. I apologize about the housekeeping issues that you mentioned above, but I am glad we were still able to exceed your expectations. We look forward to your next visit!!

3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2014 via mobile

I recently stayed at Hyatt Place airport Nashville and the towels and sheets were dingy and yellow. I had to ask for new sheets and pillow cases because they were dirty. The let out couch had the same used bedding from the last guest. They were just like they left them, USED!

• Stayed July 2014
John T, General Manager at Hyatt Place Nashville Airport, responded to this review, July 5, 2014
I do apologize I was unable to exceed your expectations while staying with the Hyatt Place Nashville. I ask that you contact myself at the property, so that I may resolve this issue for you. I take pride in my hotel and the service we endeavor to provide for our guest. Once again, my apologies and I look forward to your connecting with you.

Been to Hyatt Place Nashville Airport? Share your experiences!