“Southern Hospitality” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Hyatt Place Nashville Airport

Save Saved
You added Hyatt Place Nashville Airport to your Saves list
Hyatt Place Nashville Airport
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   721 Royal Parkway, Nashville, TN 37214 (Formerly AmeriSuites Nashville Airport)   |
Hotel deals
Offers & Announcements
Park, Stay & Fly
Ranked #48 of 150 Hotels in Nashville
Chicago, Illinois
“Southern Hospitality”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 27, 2013

My husband,cousin and a friend stayed here for an extended weekend getaway. Although the weaher was not the greatest, our trip was very nice. The hotel is nice and clean. The staff was great. Very friendly and helpful. Actually, everyone in Nashville was friendly and welcoming.

The hotel is in a convenient location. Although we took a roadtrip, the hotel is close to the airport and very close to the highway. Everything that we wanted to do was about 10-15 minutes away via the highway. We visited the outlet mall (Opry Mills), the Grand Ole Opry and BB King's Blues Club. Again, everything was easy to get to.

There's a Ruby Tuesday, Big Kmart, Walgreens, and a few other restaurants within walking distance. BTW the Ruby Tuesday restuarant was convenient and very good. Although I never go to Ruby Tuesday restuarants at home, this one was really good. The food was cooked just right and the staff was very courteous.

The only issues that we had with the hotel was that the room was kind of small and there was no microwave in the room. Other than that, nothing bad to say. Oh, I will also say that the beds were EXTREMELY firm. I like firm beds but our bed was extremely firm. My cousin stated that it was a little too firm for his liking so he slept on the hide-away bed.

We really enjoyed our visit and would definitely return. Definitely recommend BB King's for good for and great live music.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
Cincinnati, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 10, 2013

From the moment we stepped in the door our experience was wonderful. The location is very close to the express way and only about 15 minutes to downtown. The beds were beyond comfortable and the pillows were so nice I was tempted to purchase one. There was a bar area in the lobby which was nice and for all your breakfast people the breakfast at this location was one of the best. The way the room is set up is very nice. I would stay here again and recommend it to any of my friends who are visiting Nashville..

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Cincinnati, Ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2013

Stayed here just one night but had a very restful sleep. Beds were comfy - were on the top floor and hotel was very quiet overnight! Also liked the room layout with a separate couch/sitting area and a tv that rotated either towards the couch or the beds. Front desk staff both evening and the next morning were very friendly and the free breakfast was great - nice lady was busy restocking and selection/quality were really good. Had a very nice stay at this location.

Room Tip: Selected the top floor and was a very quiet nights sleep.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 19, 2013

I just recently had my 3rd stay within recent weeks, I must say I was rather worried after the secons time because we had such a horrible experience here, but my hat goes off to them on stay number 3.....GREAT JOB guys. What a difference cleaning the house of some staff members made!!! KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK!!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled solo
Paris, Tennessee
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 10, 2013

New modern decor loved the lay out of hotel and rooms where great. Very clean. My only complaint was housekeeper never entered our room for the whole weekend we stayed.
Never emptied the trash, never made the bed or anything. We are use to having these thing
done when we visit a hotel. The full bar did not know how to make a long island tea and did
not have any vodka. The do have room service but you have to come down to the main floor to get it. Breakfast was ok i have had better. Oh yes, dont forget about the airport close by the
airplanes are definently heard day and night. Would i stay here again? Probably so the issues i had where minor things that i can solve next time i go.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Nashville, Tennessee
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 4, 2013

Hyatt is our preferred choice for work and pleasure. Hence when we unexpectedly needed a room, we drove straight to this nearest Hyatt. The receptionist was courteous and the room was clean. Unfortunately, we did not enjoy a peaceful stay. The fan/heater turned on and off every 5 min or so. Each time the fan came on, it rumbled and vibrated and jolted us awake. We asked reception to wake us up at 8am. For reasons unknown to us, the TV in the room turned on at 630am. We left the hotel more exhausted than when we checked in.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 4, 2013

When I give these reviews, I don't give a "star" value for how much I liked the hotel. I base my rating from what I expect to get with my booking, and what I eventually got after experiencing the booking. So I'm not giving this place 5/5 because I think it's a 5 star hotel. It's obviously not, but it was exactly what I expected and much more, therefore I gave it 5/5.

Long road trip back home to NC from Kansas and couldn't quite make it all the way with my woman. She needed to rest so we stopped at this hotel mainly because of its location in relation to the timing of our roadtrip and the fact that I typically enjoy Hyatts. The location is what it is; near the airport. I will say from what I say this is probably the best that district has to offer. The price was very very reasonable, especially when compared to its surroundings.

The hotel is relatively inviting form the outside, modern and inviting lobby with a very friendly staff that isn't over-friendly to where you feel uncomfortable, but personable. It was a nice change of pace. The lobby does have a heavy scent that I must admit smelled exactly like my ex's perfume (which was Burberry, I believe). Anyways, while it was heavy, it wasn't overbearing. The hallways and room have a light, and "cheap-gas-station" air freshener smell different from the lobby but your nose quickly gets used to it. The room was very spacious, extremely clean and included a nice blanket for the big couch, an enormous flat panel TV with (I think every hotel should be required to do this) a panel adjacent to the TV to plug in components if you want to the TV including HDMI, component, composit, USB etc. to prevent you from having to reach around back of the TV. Wasn't much storage space such as drawers for clothes, but not a big problem. Bathroom left a bit to be desired, plain and seemingly a decade behind the rest of the hotel with harsh flourescent-only lighting, and the towel shelf IN the shower/tub. But luckily the sink and counter space are located outside of said room.

Bed was very, very comfy with plenty of linens and pillows that weren't too fluffy, small, hard, whatever. Just right. Lots of closet space. The bedside lamps have a full setting and a dim setting perfect for reading.

The decor and setup were superb. Hyatt really hit it home with their design teams and engineers. Room was above and beyond what we expected and was very roomy.

Few things you don't think about:

The room-service (which isn't brought to your room, you have to come down to get it) is INCREDIBLE. Even at 12am, the Bacon burger, tomato soup, ceasar chicken salad and cheesecake were on point. It all is a little pricey, but well worth it. Did NOT expect all of that from a hotel. Also, breakfast was great. Had the typical hotel breakfast foods (toast, bagels, cereals, fruit, oatmeal, juices, milk) but also had many unique items such as bacon egg and cheese biscuits as well as southwest breakfast sandwiches. All hand-prepared on site. The staff was very personable and helpful. Great job Hyatt. If this hotel is on your list of considerations, forget the rest. You won't regret this one.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Hyatt Place Nashville Airport? Share your experiences!