“Five stars across-the-board!! One of the best!!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Kayne Prime

Kayne Prime
1103 McGavock Street, Nashville, TN 37203 (Downtown Nashville)
615.259.0050
Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Kayne Prime is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #18 of 1,729 Restaurants in Nashville
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Dining options: Reservations, Late Night
Dining style: Fine Dining
Neighborhood: Downtown Nashville
Cross street: 11th Ave S & McGavock St
Description: Kayne Prime is the artful fusion of a chef-chic boutique restaurant, with the great American steakhouse. Progressive in every sense – cuisine, wine & mixology, stylish design – Kayne Prime is the modern evolution of the classic upscale steakhouse. Market-driven, farm-to-table creations.. sophisticated cocktails.. an exceptional wine list.. award-winning steaks - all set in a “rustic–modern”, “Best Design” interior that features a sleek study of woods, rich leathers, and walls of reclaimed railroad ties, with breathtaking views that highlight the historic train yards, Union Station, and the downtown Nashville skyline. Every great city has its own best. Nashville’s best is Kayne Prime.
Sarasota, Florida
“Five stars across-the-board!! One of the best!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2014

The restaurant was absolutely awesome. The bar is very cool and the bartenders actually come out from behind the bar and write up to you and will take your order so you don't have to fight to the people sitting at the bar. We did not have a reservation as there was nothing available so we gave it our best shot to get a seat at the bar but they took my name down anyway and sat us after only about 20 minutes. So it worked out well, we had a beautiful drink and then we're set. The food was absolutely amazing. The tuna appetizer was beyond delicious, kale salad was excellent and quite different, and the steak !!... well the steaks speak for themselves. Service was excellent and the atmospheres very nice in there. We had David the bartender and David the waiter and both are awesome. Five stars across-the-board!!

Visited August 2014

New Jersey
“Great Steaks and a sleek setting”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2014

Had a later dinner here back in May and it was great. The service was very good(and helpful) as was the food. The steaks were perfectly cooked and all the other courses were excellent as well including the bone marrow appetizer and the tartare. The space is modern heavy on dark wood and stone so it can be loud, especially around the bar area. The bar is very nice and has large windows that open up which is great on cool evenings. The dining areas however around the bar I can see being very loud and hard to hear. We saw a show and had dinner afterwards arriving around 10pm on a Friday night. We were seated in a back dining room by a window which was half full and had no problems with sound and we were the last ones to leave. Being a bit of steak snob, when I am paying over $50 for a ribeye, I can be a pretty harsh critic and mine was worth it. Overall I would definitely go back.

• Visited May 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Nashville, Tennessee
“Don't do it!!”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2014

After reading reviews, we decided to treat ourselves. HUGE mistake. At 8:00 on a Wed night, it was so loud, conversation was nearly impossible unless you plan to text your dinner companion. The bacon appetizer was 4 big chunks of fat. I'll admit, the maple flavored cotton candy was interesting but certainly not worth the price. The sides were generous but the corn desperately needed salt which we never got from our waiter. (I got the distinct impression he was insulted by the request.) The filet was tasty but not hot. Oh, and whatever you do, don't try the blackberry daiquiri. They put OLIVE juice in it. Gross!! Prime? I don't THINK so.

• Visited August 2014
    • 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Ko Chang, Thailand
“Lousy, offensive service, hit and miss food”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2014

The already apathetic waiter walked off in the middle of our first guest's order. No explanation - just wandered slowly to another table where he interrupted the busy assistant waiter. He came back, asked for our order again and, yes, walked off again before the first order was complete. Left the room. No apology, no reason given; just walked away in the middle of a "six ounce filet, medium".

A call to the manager has gone unreturned for a week. A review with my contact information and private message to management was left on Open Table. Four people well over $400, nothing.

Service staff dumped a bottle of wine onto the table and a freshly delivered entree. We were not remotely concerned. A simple accident. We appreciated the free desserts and didn't miss the wine.
Great steaks; some great sides and some oddities, and under-cooked fish.

• Visited June 2014
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Nashville, Tennessee
“Nashville's BEST restaurant hands down”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2014

I had the pleasure to dine here for my birthday and I had the time of my life. I've had dinner at some of the finest restaurants but this was the BEST by far of any experience I've ever had in my life. I had about 8 in my party and the restaurant provided 3 of their best members. All were so attentive pouring every glass of champagne everyone sipped. Dinner was amazing with the portions much larger than I expected. Many fine restaurants say their sides are for two but I think Kayne Prime sides were meant for four, seriously. If you have the pleasure to have dinner here go for it, make sure you make your reservations about 2 weeks out at least to guarantee a table.