“Economic and Great Location” 4 of 5 stars
Review of The Inn at Opryland, A Gaylord Hotel

You added The Inn at Opryland, A Gaylord Hotel to your Saves list
The Inn at Opryland, A Gaylord Hotel
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   2401 Music Valley Drive, Nashville, TN 37214 (Formerly Radisson Hotel at Opryland)   |
Hotel deals
Hotel packages
Special Offer
FREE Wi-Fi
Ranked #75 of 151 Hotels in Nashville
Champaign, Illinois
“Economic and Great Location”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 6, 2009

I stayed at the Radisson at Opryland for a couple of nights less than a month ago (Nov 8-Nov 10, 2009). I was in Nashville to attend a conference which was being held at the amazing Gaylord Opryland Resort and Convention Center.
The hotel is around 15 minutes drive from the Nashville Airport (BNA). The Gaylord Resort and the Radisson are owned by the same owned by the same group, therefore you can take the Gaylord Opryland shuttle at the lower level of the airport. The shuttle stops at the Radisson before heading to the Gaylord resort which is just across the street. I happened to stumble upon an offer from the hotel (on the hotel website) - stay on Sunday night and get one night free. This was perfect for me since I was staying on Sunday and Monday nights. The average rate is $151 on a nightly basis for a doublebed/single kind bed room.
The staff at the front desk are very courteous and helpful. I loved the deco of the reception area in particular, very homely kind of feeling fireplace and comfortable sofa etc. The hotel is huge so, if your not lucky, you may have to walk a long way to get to your room (plus the numbering is confusing). But there are only 3 levels and you get a map at the front desk as you check-in.
The room was nice and cozy. The furniture, in particular, was great. A 30 inch TV was provided besides free internet (cable not wifi). The beds have sleep numbers though I am not very sure if they make a great difference (but its fun). The beds were huge (for twin size) and comfortable. Room servicing was done promptly each day in the morning. A word of caution: if you are light sleeper, you will run into problem. Sometimes annoying next door neighbors talk loudly in the corridor outside the room and it can wake you up.
The hotel atrium is huge and well decorated. There is a swimming pool in the hotel if you wish you take a dip. Applebees is just opposite to the hotel and you can order for room delivery too (they are tied up with Radisson). There are lots of other restaurants in the vicinity (within 5-10 minutes walk). And if you looking for economic junk food - there is a McDonalds very close.

• Liked — Cozy and comfortable
  • Disliked — Next door neighbors can be loud and you can be easily disturbed
  • Stayed November 2009, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (213)
Pozuelo de Alarcon, Spain
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 15, 2009

Nice location, good front desk employees and that's about it. The room was dusty and with the smallest bathroom ever!!! The door almost hit the toilet when you tried to close the bathroom. I stayed here because of the Conference I was attending was being held here. I expected that, since the hotel was next to Opryland Resort, it will be a nice hotel; not even close. Because of the inside pool the room had a funny chemical smell. The TV didn't even had good reception.

• Stayed November 2009, traveled on business
Indiana
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2009

I would like to share our displeasure of our stay at the Radisson Hotel at Opryland, located at 2401 Music Valley Drive, Nashville Tennessee 37214, during the weekend of July 10 – 12, 2009. I would like to start by saying that the hotel front desk representatives were very nice, and the lobby, pool and shuttle to the Opry Mills Mall and Gaylord Hotel and Convention Center were very nice amenities.

However, we encountered several problems during our stay. We booked two rooms for two nights. On Saturday morning, we vacated our rooms at 11:00 a.m. When we returned, around 5:00 p.m., our rooms had not been cleaned. Needless to say, I was quite upset when I saw that our rooms were not clean, having been gone all day, and expecting to come back to a nice, clean room. I called down to the front desk, and the clerk told me the housekeeping staff was still cleaning rooms, and they would be cleaning up to 5:30 p.m. I told her that we were leaving at 6:00 p.m., and she said that the rooms would definitely be cleaned by the time we returned that evening. We returned to the hotel at 9:45 p.m. and to our disappointment, our rooms had still not been cleaned. This was very unacceptable. We do a lot of coast to coast traveling and have taken several cruises. This is the VERY FIRST TIME that our rooms have not been cleaned AT ALL, which is one of the joys of being on vacation….coming back to a clean room with fresh towels, clean glasses and a clean bathroom. I called down to the front desk again. By this time, of course, all of the housekeeping staff had gone home, (incidentally, I only saw ONE cleaning lady, during the whole weekend) and the only thing the front desk offered to do was send up some clean towels and a couple of clean glasses. The next day, other family members also staying at this hotel, told me that their rooms had not been cleaned either.

The Radisson Hotel Opryland’s web site and the hotel information sheet inside the room, stated that this hotel has Sleep Number beds; however, neither one of our rooms had a Sleep Number bed, which was quite disappointing to all of us.

The wireless and wired internet Service worked only about 10 minutes during our entire stay. I checked with the front desk to see if anything could be done. They told me that the IT person would look into it, but it never did get any better.

Our room was quite dusty. There was a film of dust on all of the furniture and our mirrored, closet door was missing. The door’s railings were still on the floor, and there was a pile of lent, dust, loose screws and dirt piled in the grooves, which was quite disgusting.

The bathrooms were very, very small. As you open the door, it missed hitting the toilet seat by about ¼ inch. As a result, my IPOD fell right into the (unused) toilet as I was trying to close the lid down.

I have stayed at several Radisson Hotels before and this is the first time I have ever experienced problems such as these. I would think that this Radisson would be a premier, quality hotel being located directly across from the beautiful Gaylord Opryland Resort and Convention Center, and Opry Mills Mall.

These problems put quite a damper on our vacation. For two rooms, for two nights, we paid over $400.00, for a couple of dusty rooms, which were never cleaned during our stay, with no working internet, no Sleep Number beds and tiny bathrooms.

Should this hotel ever get a major renovation job, with larger bathrooms, more housekeepers, Sleeop Number beds, and working internet service, I would probably stay here again because of the location.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled with family
chicago
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2009

We stayed at this hotel for two nights to attend the Grand Old Opry birthday celebration and were very pleased with the service. All the personnel at the front desk were very courteous and helpful and always greeted us with a smile. I used the online Express checkin before we arrived and all our paperwork was complete and our key waiting for us. This took a minute to check in and we were on our way. No lines to contend with. If you're a senior book the senior rate which includes an indoor courtyard room with king bed and free breakfast at the adjoining Applebys. Our room was spacious with nice bedding and a sleep number mattress. We had no issues with noise, but then again there were no conventions that weekend. The housekeeping staff were efficient. If you want value consider this hotel. There is a shuttle that runs every half hour to the Opryland Hotel and Opry Mills and parking is free. I am very fussy with my accommodations and this hotel met my expectations.

• Stayed October 2009, traveled as a couple
Arkansas
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2009

The room had a funny smell. It smelled like an old, stinky hotel room. We could not find a parking place due to a Geek/Media Fest that was at our hotel that we knew nothing about being there that weekend so we circled for an hour trying to find a parking place. The front desk person announced our room number out loud when we checked in and the people behind us in line heard that. It is very unprofessional to announce a room number when two females are traveling and strangers knowing their room number.

• Stayed October 2009, traveled with friends
Williamsville, NY
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 6, 2009

This is a good hotel with excellent staff who accommodated every misstep of my trip: company credit card auth missing, dead car battery, toilet overflow - all handled efficiently by their pleasant staff. I would definitely stay here again. This is a great place for families. The Dog Park was a bonus - if only I could've brought them along.

• Stayed February 2009, traveled on business
Florence
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 6, 2009

We got there on Friday afternoon and checked in. We realized there was a Geek Convention. There was a letter in the room warning that there may be noise due to the convention activities. The room was okay but not what we expected at a Radisson. The air conditioner was very loud and would go on and off about every minute. We went to dinner and got back to our room around 7:30 to get ready to go to Grand Ole Opry. The walls were vibrating because of the noise in the ballroom. We called the desk and they told us they would move us to another room when we got back from the Opry. When we returned we were moved to another room. It did get us away from the ballroom noise but the air conditioner was the same and the traffic noise outside the room was terrible. We got no sleep at all. With all this said, the employees were very nice. We did stay the next night because we had already paid for the room but would never stay at this motel again. Also, there was not enough parking.

• Stayed October 2009, traveled as a couple

Been to The Inn at Opryland, A Gaylord Hotel? Share your experiences!