“This is a Marriott property??” 3 of 5 stars
Review of The Inn at Opryland, A Gaylord Hotel

You added The Inn at Opryland, A Gaylord Hotel to your Saves list
The Inn at Opryland, A Gaylord Hotel
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   2401 Music Valley Drive, Nashville, TN 37214 (Formerly Radisson Hotel at Opryland)   |
Hotel deals
Hotel packages
Special Offer
FREE Wi-Fi
Ranked #76 of 151 Hotels in Nashville
Tampa, Florida
“This is a Marriott property??”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2014

I don't really need much when it comes to a hotel - as long as it's clean and I have a place to sleep I'm good. However, this place is like a glorified motel. In fact, after reading the reviews just now I was so shocked that this was a Marriott property. It's more of a Best Western style. For as much as we paid for the room, I would have expected a little more. We were in town for the 1/2 marathon. The wall unit AC made this horrible intermittent rattle that kept waking me up because I thought someone was crinkling a plastic bag. (I usually sleep like a champ - nothing wakes me up!). I did not sleep well here. I guess one good thing about the rattling AC is that we didn't hear the road noise from our outside room. The bed was hard and terribly uncomfortable. The room smelled like old cigarettes. You could tell that they tried to fix the place up with the décor, but at the very least upgrade the beds and get a better AC. I can overlook the motel type experience, but at least make the "fancy motel" comfortable. The staff seemed nice enough, but we didn't really contact them for anything. The shuttle is a nice option since parking at the Gaylord is $20. I would have expected this room to be around $90-$100 a night. It was not worth the $160 a night we paid.

Room Tip: find a different hotel?
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled with friends
BNAGIINN, General Manager at The Inn at Opryland, A Gaylord Hotel, responded to this review, May 6, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to comment on your recent stay here at The Inn at Opryland. The room conditions you have described are certainly not our standard and we apologize for this. Your feedback is not taken lightly and has been passed along to our management team. We hope that you will consider The Inn at Opryland during your return to the Nashville area, as we look forward to providing you with an experience more in-line with our aim at flawless.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (239)
Adelaide, Australia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 27, 2014

First of all I want to say my husband and I are quite easy going and relaxed guests, we very rarely complain. We know certain things happen like coffee not being restocked, late maid service, basic breakfasts etc and really we can live with those things, they don't spoil or ruin our holidays or stays in hotels. When something happens that makes us complain, well that's when our time is being ruined.

So we arrived for a 6 night stay and the first night we were a concerned with our room being right across from the highway and how Loud the traffic was, whilst it was loud we actually for used to it and it was not a bother. The next night it appeared a large group of teens arrived and that's when our stay turned terrible. It seemed like we were on the same floor with the groups on all sides of us. We went to dinner and had to step over 3 boys sitting in the corridor playing guitars and singing just next to our room with about 6 other people standing around. That night and for the next 4 nights there were kids running up the corridors, having meetings and talking loudly near our room. The girls next to us would slam their door all the time and they would stand at their door (which was right next to ours) talking and laughing loudly. The first couple of nights we just let it go but Friday night we were preparing for the 1/2 marathon the next morning and we could not get to sleep for all the noise. Did not make for a good time getting up at 4:45am to run a 1/2 marathon. My husband complained to the front desk that night and they did not seemed at all concerned, just commented that they did have a few groups and they would send up security. The security guy was standing around their at first but then was not seen.

The next night same thing, people standing right out front of out door talking and laughing, this time we called the front desk who said again they would send up security, no apology or acknowledge to us.

I know some things are outside of the control is the hotel but surely if you know a group is coming you can put them all together? Why put ordinary guests in the middle of a large group of people.

I had read some reviews on this hotel previously and I am not sure what rooms would be quieter as some reviews did not like the inside rooms in the atrium as they were loud but I did notice signs up with a quiet curfew from 9pm to 8am but nothing for the outside rooms??

We don't expect roy treatment but as a member of the loyalty programme, we would just hope for a little more care in selecting our room and not putting us in the middle of loud groups.

It has left us with a bad experience with this hotel, enough so that we did not eat in the restaurant as we did not want to give the hotel anymore of our money.

Thankfully tonight is our last night and I have never looked forward to leaving so much as I am now. This holiday to the USA will have us staying in 11 hotels, we have already stayed in 4. Our hotel in Charlotte was with the same hotel company and we had a great stay even a thank you for being a member is enough for us.

The maid service was good and the room itself was what we expected but we could not enjoy anything else due to our experience with the loud groups and lack of effort by the hotel to do anything.

We travel quite a bit with about 5-8 hotels we stay at, at each holiday and this has been the worst by far.

I am disappointed and actually sad that I had to write a bad review but with constant nights of being upset and tired, we could not let it go. Sadly we will not stay at this hotel again, will most likely choose the Holiday Inn down the road now we know the area.

Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
BNAGIINN, General Manager at The Inn at Opryland, A Gaylord Hotel, responded to this review, May 5, 2014
Thank you so much for taking the time to share your experience. We are sorry to hear that some loud individuals affected what seemed like an otherwise nice stay. We work very hard to address any noise concerns as soon as we are advised. Thank you again for your feedback.
Benton, Arkansas
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 27, 2014

Very disappointed in this property. Had exterior room and it was extremely noisy. Smell in room was like it was trying to cover up cigarette smoke. Left with aching sinuses. Would not stay here again.

Stayed April 2014, traveled with friends
We sincerely appreciate the time you took to comment on your recent stay. We strive to ensure each customer has a flawless guest experience and we’re very sorry we did not provide this for you. Please be assured that your comments are not taken lightly and they will be reviewed with the appropriate personnel. Again, thank you for your feedback which allows us to continually improve.
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 27, 2014

I'm currently in my room. Don't let the lobby fool you. This room is an outside room. The room has to be one of the smallest room I've ever been in. The air condition unit is in the wall and loud. I am up at 1:50 am and all I can hear is motorcycles there must be a motorcycle convention nearby. This would be a great place for T-DOT because I can hear every vehicle passing by my room. I told the clerk about the noise, she told me to turn on the air condition to drown out the noise. They got me for one day. I'm out of here in T minus 490
minutes. Doubletree I'm on my way.... Opry Inn no way. However, the staff was nice and did cancel my other three days.

• Stayed April 2014
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 26, 2014

Very noisy, you've been warned!! Every room surrounds the UNENCLOSED pool. Therefore every room hears the echo of every word, scream, shout, splash, and chatter from the pool. If you’re looking to sit by the indoor pool all day, this is the place for you. If you’re looking for a quiet, relaxing place to stay, that doesn’t smell like chlorine the minute you walk in the lobby, then be advised, look elsewhere. Who designs a building with a pool that’s not enclosed, in a building so big that every sound from the pool echos to be heard by all?

Room Tip: There is no good room, unless you want to listen to the pool your entire stay.
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
We sincerely appreciate the time you took to comment on your recent stay. We apologize for the loud noise levels in our atrium. We delight in being able to offer our guests varying room types and room views, depending on their preference. We also empower our Front Desk agents to offer room change options for guests, when available. Thank you again for your comments.
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 25, 2014

Stayed here for a business meeting. Hotel has inside/outside rooms. Outside rooms noisy due to outside road noise and work on doors need done.

Rooms have no fridge or microwave. Requested fridge and front desk had in my room within half hour. Rooms are spacious and give you plenty of room.

Front desk very friendly and I'm looking forward to staying next month. Hoping for an inside room though.

Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
Carbondale, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 24, 2014

We were a little worried when we read the reviews, but we wanted to be close to Grand Ole Opry for a Tuesday night show. Upgraded to an Atrium room - it was very nice. Bathroom a little small, but not a big deal, clean!!! Shuttle Service was wonderful, as were the friendly drivers... didn't have to wait ever for a shuttle. We road it to Opry and back, to big Gaylord hotel and back, and to Opry Mills Mall. Staff at the hotel were very nice too. No complaints at all.
Didn't eat the breakfast here, because we heard it was expensive. Wish the hotel would come with free breakfast... only downside...

Room Tip: I like the Atrium room... I heard from others staying there these rooms were nicer too.
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your kind words! We know you have many options when booking your accommodations in Nashville, which is why we sincerely appreciate you choosing The Inn at Opryland. We’re thrilled our shuttle service was able to get you to and from all of the different attractions you visited while you were here! We look forward to welcoming you back!

Been to The Inn at Opryland, A Gaylord Hotel? Share your experiences!