“Decent but not great.” 3 of 5 stars
Review of The Inn at Opryland, A Gaylord Hotel

Save Saved
You added The Inn at Opryland, A Gaylord Hotel to your Saves list
The Inn at Opryland, A Gaylord Hotel
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   2401 Music Valley Drive, Nashville, TN 37214 (Formerly Radisson Hotel at Opryland)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Earn Rewards Points
Ranked #77 of 150 hotels in Nashville
Manchester NH
“Decent but not great.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 1, 2013

My wife and I stayed here recently for a few days and found it to be ok. We used some of our Marriot points to get a free room and felt sort of robbed that they would consider this a category 4 property at 25,000 points per night. The staff was polite ,check in was painless and the place is reasonably clean and bug free that would be the positives. On the negative side the hotel shuttle into town is $20 per person , the hotel reeks of chlorine due to the pool being in the common area of the hotel ,the climate control in the room is ancient and the room just felt kind of dingy and poorly maintained ( broken outlets and towel hooks broken off the bathroom wall). All that being said if you get a great deal like less than $89 a night this hotel will be a fine place to choose , but it is not up to Marriott standards in my opinion.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family

456 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (140)
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 26, 2013

Stayed at this hotel for 4 nights recently and could find no fault. The check-in process was effortless...we were assigned rooms on the outside and were glad of the fresh-air, not being used to constant air con. Initially i thought the outside noise would keep me awake or wake me up but no such issues. The room was very clean and tidy and whilst the bathroom was very small it didn't really matter. The location was excellent, we did a lot of travelling around the area so being outside of downtown and very near the interstate made it great for us (as we had a car). The free parking was great too. Overall a great experience.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends
Stoke-on-Trent, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 25, 2013

Stayed at this hotel for 2 nights during our tour i found it to be a good hotel at a good location, we were visiting the Grand Ole Opry so this hotel was ideal for us as it was only down the road. It also offered a shuttle bus to the outlets, Opry and the Opryland hotel. The rooms were clean and modern and they has a great bed which you could adjust the firmness of the mattress which my husband loved. A good hotel to stay in if you are visiting this area.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Somerset, Kentucky
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 24, 2013

There are a lot of good things about this hotel. It is clean, has great common areas, is right across the street from Opryland Hotel and Opry Mills, and has a free shuttle to these and other local attractions.

Here are the things to be aware of. This is a hotel that was previously owned by another hotel chain and has been remodeled. They have done a great job with what they had to work with, but this has created a few minor issues. Some of the rooms have outside entrances - like a motel. But other rooms have inside entrances. Try to get an inside room. Also, as with other older hotels, the rooms are small. The bathrooms are some of the smallest I've ever seen. One final issue is that the website states that there are fridges and microwaves in the rooms. This is not true. You must request them when you arrive and they will deliver them to your room.

Just be aware of these issues and you won't be disappointed. I would definitely stay here again. Overall, I give The Inn at Opryland a thumbs-up.

Stayed November 2013
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 22, 2013

I decided to stay here as a less expensive alternative to the main Gaylord (for a conference). I've generally been underwhelmed by Gaylords in the past, but I gave this a try to see if it was different. The main Gaylord, of course, is notable for its size and variety of things to eat, see, and do. I mean, you pay for it ($5.50 for a mediocre hotdog, $8 for a turkey sandwich), but at least it's there. I stayed at the main Gaylord the last time (in National Harbor) and thought it wasn't worth it. Fool me twice...

The trip was off to an inauspicious start. I'm already paying hundreds of dollars for a room, but at the airport, they charged me $20 each way just to get to my hotel. Mind you, we didn't go nonstop at the Inn, we stopped at all 45 entrances to the main Gaylord first. Then they stopped here.

I was told there was a frequent shuttle between here and downtown, and here and the conference. The website failed to mention they charge for this privilege. Again, you pay $20 (round trip, mind you, so $10 each way) for the privilege of getting on their bus and them dropping you off at the restaurant that they own. What a bargain. You could walk, but let's face it, you can't walk there. The shuttle between here and the main convention center, despite hosting around 2000 people, runs on the hour (half hour during an arbitrary time). This was their usual schedule; they didn't add anything for us. I would have happily walked, but it was pouring rain and I didn't feel like catching pneumonia. Oh, a bowl of oatmeal and a poured cup of coffee for breakfast cost me $14.

But my main beef is this: when the revolution comes, the person who was the architect of this hotel should be the first against the wall. When the counter-revolution comes thereafter, the person who selected the building materials should be against the same wall. There is no natural light in this room. I'm not particularly sensitive to noise; I grew up next to a highway and live in a major East Coast city, but good grief is this place loud. I woke up this morning to an espresso being made at the other end of the hotel (true), and everytime someone jumps in the pool, it sounds like a cannonball...shot out of a cannon. I'm pretty sure the builder used the budget for sound insulation and a second pane of glass for his drug habit (I assume they had a drug habit, no sober person would have designed or willingly built this hotel) as I can hear every whisper and every romantic interlude of my neighbor. I now know that the person to the right of me had never seen Pineapple Express, and was unwilling to watch it until her boyfriend promised it would be funny; she found the same parts I found funny. I'm pretty sure I actually heard her fall on the floor with laughter. I think if I rubbed some greasy food on the walls, I could watch the movie, too. Last night, some genius allowed a party to play live music in the atrium until all hours.

In sum, the only thing that comes for free with your rent is a live concert in your room and the inability to sleep before 1am. The bed was comfortable, though, I'll give them that.

Room Tip: Maybe an outdoor facing room would be better?
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
Geneva, Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2013

I stayed for business 2 nights. I had an outside room versus the inside. It was very comfortable and clean with all the normal amenities. It was around a 20 minute cab ride to the downtown area. All staff was pleasant. I would definitely stay again on business.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
St Helens, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2013

Just spent a couple of days at this hotel on our Cosmos tour. Very disappointed with the location of this hotel. It is at least 15 miles outside Nashville. The hotel it self is OK but nothing special. Given the choice I would avoid this hotel. It was a good job we had a courtesy bus into Nashville.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to The Inn at Opryland, A Gaylord Hotel? Share your experiences!