“Pretty good...really busy if you're not at a conference” 3 of 5 stars
Review of The Inn at Opryland, A Gaylord Hotel

Save Saved
You added The Inn at Opryland, A Gaylord Hotel to your Saves list
The Inn at Opryland, A Gaylord Hotel
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   2401 Music Valley Drive, Nashville, TN 37214 (Formerly Radisson Hotel at Opryland)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Earn Rewards Points
Ranked #77 of 150 hotels in Nashville
Methuen, Massachusetts
“Pretty good...really busy if you're not at a conference”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2013

For folks staying here for a conference it is great. I didn't fall into that category and am not a country music fan. There was an event in the Atrium which was directly outside my room - country music blaring until 10pm. Not really my favorite. There was also one ceiling tile outside of my bathroom that was black with mold in the entire corner. I'll overlook a little mold - you can't get it all. But this was fixable and really disgusting. Other than that the room was clean and well appointed. I would say not really up to snuff with most other Marriott properties though. The food at the Backstage Grill was really limited, especially for someone who wants to eat healthy/light. The whole place was bustling from sunup to sundown - if you're like me and prefer light traffic and a quiet environment to get work done, this would not be ideal for you. I was also kind of annoyed that I couldn't get an upgrade through my Platinum Elite status; I do understand that I can't always get that. However I also wasn't able to get a king size bed which I specifically called out for in the comments during my booking. Upon check-in the woman at the desk told me it was not noted in my preferences. I have over 85 stays this year and have never had this issue.

Room Tip: Inside you get loud bands, outside you get traffic noises. I'd say take outside, traffic will be...

456 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (140)
netherlands
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 22, 2013

stayed in the hotel, while I had a conference in the Opryland convention centre.
The hotel is just across the room from the conference centre, a 10 min walk .
Rooms are ok, clean, spacious.
Only thing is after a few days the won`t supply you with shampoo etc, but front desk wil have it available
Staff at front desk is very friendly. I was helped by a trainee (forgot her name) she is a true jewel, very friendly and kind.
Free wifi, wich isn`t that fast, but it works.
ample parking space
nice indoor pool

Room Tip: ask for one on the top floor, and an "outside room" avoid the rooms at the back of the hot...
VA
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 21, 2013

Okay I can read and I had heard others saying there was a noise issue with this hotel .Let me tell you they are all RIGHT. I am sitting in my interior room (which I begged for at check-in) listening to what I think sounds like you are in jail waiting to be released. I have been here three nights and have found a room at the Gaylord for tomorrow night as I just can't stand the noise anymore it starts at 6 am as employees set up for the next BIG event and goes until after 10 pm at night when I take a sleeping pill to block out the yelling kids and crying people having fights in the hallways. I think this hotel is a big echo chamber And to beat it all I am Gold with Marriott and this is the best room I could get at this hotel.

Room Tip: Don't Stay here!
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 20, 2013 via mobile

To start off I asked to see the manager on duty, and they refused to come out. This in my opinion is poor and lazy management. The staff did their best to accommodate. The room was nice, but was very noisy to the point I was woke up several times. If this is your only option in hotels for the area go for it, but I would try and find somewhere else to stay.

• Stayed September 2013
Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 19, 2013

Noise--lots of noise. Attended conference at Resort--bumped to this hotel when Resort filled up. Two totally different worlds--although they like you to think otherwise--both under Gaylord name.
The Inn looks like they took an old motor court hotel, put a roof on it, and tried to pretty it up. Unfortunately, the walls are still paper thin, and the atrium echoes and is very loud. Rooms have glass front--you can hear people talking, even cell phones from down on the atrium floor. Got to listen to tables being broken down and set up until midnight. Then got to hear exhibitors getting ready at 05:30. If you want peace and quiet--this is no the place. You have a choice of outer rooms with no secure access or inner "atrium" rooms where you hear everything. Rooms aren't that special--our fridge and lock box didn't work. Rooms are nothing special--ver small with one of those sleep number beds that sort of work.... Only stay here if you'll be out til midnight and up early.... We bailed out after the first night and got the first quality room we could find--20 miles away.
On a positive note, it is across from the resort and they do run a shuttle to the resort and downtown. The only real positive part: the staff there are incredibly courteous, friendly and helpful. Not just one, but everyone--from housekeeper to maintenance, to front desk. B

Orlando, Florida
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2013

Avoid this place. The atrium really is indeed really noisy. The room is dank and you'll feel it if you sit in the chair/couch for more than a minute. You have to duck to get into the shower and the shower head points at your nipples if you're taller than 6'. It's tighter than a cruise ship. The main network channels are messed up and the TV isn't HD.

Booked for work for Tues - Fri. Nashville has been selling out recently. My reservation was wrong at check-in and Amanda "fixed" it. I got a bill under my door that night. I checked with the desk and it wasn't "fixed" and it was a pretty big hassle to get it fixed. I have a 9am meeting and 8:30am phone conference. I got to the desk at 8:02 and at 8:24 I was given the option to move from my room and move into another by Erik. I packed my loose toiletries, ironed clothes, and everything else in about 3 minutes, then got onto my phone, and into my car. Erik changed my reservation to another room and I had to get the key when I went back that night.

I got the bait & switch. I guess my first room was a suite; 1039. It was a king bed and a couch. I had a robe, slippers, fridge, and lots of toiletries. The next room was three doors down; 1036. It was a bit shorter and had a chair where the other had a couch, no robe, no slippers, and basic toiletries, and no fridge. There other small differences in upkeep.

I hadn't tried a Sleepnumber bed before. I don't like it. The shower is a plastic insert and is really short. I had to duck under the shower rod to get in. I saw the breakfast so I opted for the platinum check-in bonus. It's weak! There is kinda free wi-fi. It's 56k for free and you have to pay for the hispeed even as a platinum! Parking is free but roped off badly for tour buses. The main TV networks don't come in at all. It's like stolen cable. It's a motel room with nice finishes and a nice lobby.

The restaurant was decent. The selections had limited fresh healthy food but was good otherwise. It has a theme so the tv's only show Grand Ole Opry when you just want to watch something else. This place just has some lipstick and mascara. Avoid.

Room Tip: Roll up a towel and stick it under your door to keep the noise out.
Toledo
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 15, 2013

This is my third year staying for the AACC conference in Nashville. The first two hotels I stayed in the last 2 years were much better - based on a room comparison. The service at this hotel was excellent,in all areas, front desk, restaurant and maid service, but the room less than desirable for $110 per night. I reserved a standard double exterior. I wasn't expecting exterior to mean "outside", my first disappointment. Second, no mini fridge or microwave. Third, what I thought would be great for my back, a sleep number bed, turned out to be the WORST thing for my back. The positives, a restaurant in the hotel, a swimming pool with atrium for early morning coffee/snack, and the shuttle service to the Opryland resort for the conference - though return service back to the hotel wasn't consistently available.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business

Been to The Inn at Opryland, A Gaylord Hotel? Share your experiences!