“Read other people's review before booking. It helps” 2 of 5 stars
Review of The Inn at Opryland, A Gaylord Hotel

Save Saved
You added The Inn at Opryland, A Gaylord Hotel to your Saves list
The Inn at Opryland, A Gaylord Hotel
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   2401 Music Valley Drive, Nashville, TN 37214 (Formerly Radisson Hotel at Opryland)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Earn Rewards Points
Ranked #77 of 150 hotels in Nashville
Minneapolis, Minnesota
“Read other people's review before booking. It helps”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2013

There was a mix up on the room, the wasn't ready it was dirty. Was very frustrating the restaurant close very early on the weekend so we have to wonder around the unfamiliar area looking for a place to eat

Room Tip: Book a room away from the pool.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Quiana T, Manager at The Inn at Opryland, A Gaylord Hotel, responded to this review, March 24, 2013
Hello Abbie, Thank you so much for your feedback. I apologize for any inconvenience that you experienced on behalf of the hotel as it is our goal to have our guest rooms available for check-in at 3pm each evening. I have also passed along your feedback to our in-house restaurant. The restaurant in open until 11:30 each weekend night with live entertainment and requests such as yours may be helpful in extending those hours.

Thanks again!

456 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (140)
Houston, Texas, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2013

I checked in to this hotel on my way to Indianapolis. I decided to check out this hotel since it recently became part of the Marriott family. Upon check-in, I was given an extended king room with atrium view (an upgrade from my basic room that I booked - a benefit of being platinum with Marriott).

The room itself was wonderful. The rooms had many similarities with Marriott and you can tell this is where a good junk of the money went with their recent renovations. The lights in the room can be confusing. There is a switch next to the door, but it didn't operate anything in my room. I had to leave the door open to find a lamp to turn on because it was so dark. The bathroom is supplied with Paul Mitchell conditioner and shampoo. The bed is your standard Marriott bed (one of the most comfortable beds you will sleep in). There is a pool and a coffee shop in the atrium that can get noisy at times, but it was always quite during sleeping hours.

I ate at the restaurant a few times while I was there, and I must say, the prices were very fair. You can eat in this restaurant for around 10$ a meal. They also have live local talent that will come and play in the restaurant. I would definitely recommend trying this restaurant while you are here; they have some great southern food.

While the hotel was great, what makes me give it five stars is how the staff handled a little problem I had. I stayed at the hotel on a promotion which offered bonus bucks on a future stay. I had assumed that they would post to my Marriott account, but I later found out that they had to be presented at the front desk. I called to inquire about it and see what I could do to get the Bonus Bucks. Eric, the front desk staff, offered to next day air it for me. I am currently staying in the Indianapolis Marriott, so I had mentioned to Eric that I wanted to utilize the Bonus Bucks for my hotel stay. Without any proding from me, Eric called the hotel to see if he could apply the Bonus Bucks. He was also kind enough to phone me the next morning in my hotel room to make sure I knew that the package had been delivered. This is 5 star service right here!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
Forest, Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 12, 2013

I had a conference scheduled at what I thought was the THEE Opryland Hotel but after trying to check in there I was told I was supposed to be "across the street" which explained why the rate was too good to be true. The Inn at Opryland is across the street and is not quite the ambiance of thee Opryland hotel, however, the people are great and the food was excellent in both the restaurant and the group meals we had. It is obviously an older Holiday Inn (or other) that has been made over. I was lucky enough to have a king room that faced the large interior courtyard/pool area. I probably would not want an exterior room due to the elements and busy traffic area around the property. This king room had a "Sleep Number" bed that was a nice extra, however, the only place to set up the "suitcase stand" was next to the front door. The workout room was decent and the backstage door bar was great. This is still part of the Opryland resort so don't expect any free breakfast or even free coffee. I tried using the Starbucks coffee machine in the lobby for a $3 coffee but after three attempts I gave up. I was surprised to learn that Gaylord hotels had been purchased by Marriott so I did receive my Marriott Rewards points for my stay. If you would like to stay at Opryland but its a stretch of your budget, this is the next best alternative as long as you know what to expect going in.

Room Tip: Get an inside facing room. The double bed rooms don't have the Sleep Number beds.
Cleveland, Tennessee
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 8, 2013

this was nice considering it was probably an old holiday inn,as had big atrium,also outside access to rooms,i would pay little bit extra for atrium view ,as is a busy area alot of traffic, and can hear it in ur room,they fixed up hotel nicely ,but rooms were small,staff was really great went out of way to please guests,breakfast was not impressive and had to pay for it.good location ,but have to put up with noise and traffic,

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Phoenix, Arizona
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013

We didn't realize it was on a busy street and had outdoor facing rooms. The rooms are definitely dated. The carpet just didn't seem that clean. The door seal, or lack of one, let cold air and noise in (we put a towel on the floor in front of the door to block it). We asked for an inside one but they were all booked. The heater kept blowing cold air out of the unit (hot-cold, hot-cold).
If you think you're getting the same quality as the Opryland Inn across the street because it's the same owners....you're mistaken.

We switched hotels the second night.....nuf said!

Room Tip: If you have to stay here, make sure you check in early to get an inside-facing room and not more tha...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Quiana T, Manager at The Inn at Opryland, A Gaylord Hotel, responded to this review, February 28, 2013
Hello Tracy,

Thank you so much for your feedback regarding your most recent stay with us. We do value your feedback and will promptly address the room issues that you mentioned in your post as we do strive to provide a flawless experience in our guest rooms. Additionally, we were recently renovated and certainly want to ensure that we continue to deliver a clean, well appointed guest room.

Chicago
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 21, 2013

If you want no service, long lines, poor food and rooms that are dated...you found your hotel.
I attempted to check in with a group and some people received rooms while others didn't. During the five hour wait for my room the line was never below 25 people while the hotel only staffed check in with 5 or fewer. I am only staying here for a corporate event and would have never picked this hotel. Do yourself a favor and find another hotel.

Room Tip: I did not see a good room here.
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 6, 2013

I stay at hotels 2-3 nights per week and have never stayed at this property before. Since it just became a Marriott Property I thought I'd give it a try. Rooms are small, but clean and well appointed. I was placed in the atrium area which reminded me of an old holidome...from years gone by...there's a pool in the atrium and a breakfast/coffee area, but not much else. The restaurant Back Stage Grill, was clean had an average menu but did offer free local talent, which in Nashville, s geared towards country. Both nights I stopped in the talent was very good.

The one positive was the Select Number bed in my room. I've always wanted to try one out and this was a pleasant surprise.

The hotel does not provide any type of free breakfast which you receive at most Marriott's (especially if you're part of their rewards program) and I'm not sure where this property fits in with the remaining Marriott property close by. Perhaps as time goes on, Marriott will have figured out what to do with this property...until then...there's no real reason to stay here!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Quiana T, Manager at The Inn at Opryland, A Gaylord Hotel, responded to this review, February 8, 2013
Thank you for sharing your comments with us as it is always great to receive the good comments as well as comments geared towards areas of improvement. We certainly value our rewards members and will take your comments into consideration regarding the breakfast option. I was very happy to read that our hotel was clean and the entertainment was good. I will pass those comments along as well. I do hope that you will visit us again when you are in the area. Thank you.

Been to The Inn at Opryland, A Gaylord Hotel? Share your experiences!