“Enjoy our stay” 4 of 5 stars
Review of The Inn at Opryland, A Gaylord Hotel

You added The Inn at Opryland, A Gaylord Hotel to your Saves list
The Inn at Opryland, A Gaylord Hotel
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   2401 Music Valley Drive, Nashville, TN 37214 (Formerly Radisson Hotel at Opryland)   |
Hotel deals
Hotel packages
Special Offer
Earn Rewards Points!
Ranked #77 of 149 Hotels in Nashville
“Enjoy our stay”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 9, 2012 via mobile

Very nicely kept beautiful hotel. Front desk staff though busy was very helpful and friendly. Wifi was a little shaky. Great location right across from the grand ole opry and opry mills mall. They have a free shuttle bus to transport you. Only complaint was the room was cold and the air was difficult to adjust.

• Stayed May 2012

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (189)
Wright City, Missouri
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 9, 2012

We stayed at this hotel on May 4-7, 2012 with a school trip for my son. The pool is very large for a hotel pool. The hot tub was nice and hot and a very nice size also. I used the elliptical and it was nice to have a tv built right into it to watch. The only complaints we had was that we had an outside room (2055) which was really noisy. We could hear the traffic all night long. Also, there was quite a gap under our door; at least a 1/2" on one side which I'm sure didn't help with the noise and the light that showed through. They have sleep number beds in their rooms. We had two beds. One of the sleep number beds did not work but the other one worked fine. It was a very comfortable sleep in the one bed. We did tell the front desk that we did not want maid service and put the do not distub tab on our door when we left in the morning. However, when we returned the room had been cleaned and the do not disturb tab was gone. Other than those few things, it was a nice a stay.

Room Tip: I would not recommend choosing out outside room if you are a light sleeper unless you bring ear plug...
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 6, 2012 via mobile

We came to stay for the weekend with our ballteam. The rooms were very clean, the sleep number beds were wonderful, the pool area was clean and PERFECT for the kids, and the staff were super friendly!! Couldn't ask for a better place to stay! I would defiantly recommend this hotel and I will be back!!!!

• Stayed May 2012
TNRadissonOpryland, Manager at The Inn at Opryland, A Gaylord Hotel, responded to this review, May 7, 2012
Thank you for staying at the Radisson Opryland, thank you for sharing your positive experience about your stay with us. We look forward to your return to Nashville and the Radisson Opryland Hotel.
Singapore
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2012

I was in Nashville for a Conference and booked my stay at the Radisson for 4 nights. The hotel is within walking distance to good restaurants, shops and convenience store. It is also close to the nearby Convention Centre, where I attended the Conference. I enjoyed my stay throughout.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled on business
Morehead, Kentucky
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 19, 2012

We were there 3 days, 2 nights - had excellent service from everyone except the front desk which appeared to be understaffed during our visit. Check in was backed up as we arrived at 3 pm but the employees were friendly and helpful. Would definitely recommend the shuttle service to downtown area (we paid $ 30 ea for 3 day pass - unlimited trips vs the $ 20 each 1 time pass). Transportation was always on time, very polite and friendly. The hotel also offered free transportation to the Opryland Hotel and Grand Ole Opry, which we used and were very happy with. Loved the sleep number beds! The Backstage Grill is closed for a period through the day, between lunch/dinner - but the service and food were good. Nice to watch & listen to the waiters singing also! Other chain restraunts within walking distance. The hotel was remodeled after the flood and is in wonderful condition. Employees stated a shuttle service to the mall was going to be offered as well - it opened the day after we left.

Room Tip: Request sleep number beds! Some rooms opened to the pool area which I would think would be much noi...
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled with friends
Indiana
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 14, 2012

We bought a package for Christmas events at the Opryland Hotel, and were given the option of staying either at the Gaylord Opryland Hotel, or the Radisson. We chose the Radisson as it was more cost effecient. We were greeted by a friendly staff in the lovely lobby. The lobby had a nice fireplace, great furniture, and a giftshop. The hotel offered free shuttle service to both the Opryland Hotel, and the Grand Old Opry. Our shuttle driver was courteous, friendly, and always on time.

Our room was on the 2nd floor facing the main highway directly across the street from the Opryland Hotel. We could hear traffic throughout the night so that was disappointing, but I would think the inner rooms surrounding the pool might be noisier due to the echo from the people in the pool. Would take traffic over loud people in a pool any day!

Other than the noise, we enjoyed the convience of being in walking distance of the main attractions and often did walk instead of taking the shuttle. Again, the friendliness and effeciency of the staff was excellent, and the hotel seemed very clean to us.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled as a couple
Kansas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 13, 2012

I was kind of torn on this hotel….because of the noise and the mistake with the double beds I can only give them 3 stars but the things they got right they completely slam dunked. I was very pleasantly surprised the room was nice and not run down or 20 years old, had my concerns because of the flood in 2010 but It was very clean, nicely decorated and the beds were very comfortable with lots of down pillows and very nice linens (big plus) . It had a tiny bathroom but had a decent vanity. No flood smell, hooray!! There was nothing luxury about it however I was expecting a lot less. There was a coffee maker.

One of the first things I noticed was how extremely nice everyone I encountered was even from the moment I got on the shuttle from the airport to the hotel. The lady I purchased my shuttle ticket from at the airport was so nice and helpful I was stunned ( the shuttle was $40 for a round trip but make sure you ask for a discount if you are with a group) The Bus driver told me all about Nashville and what I needed to go see….amazing. Make sure you go over to the Gaylord convention center and the new mall….there is a free shuttle that goes every 30 min. I’m so mad at myself for not writing down names because this was the nicest most helpful staff I’ve ever encountered and I’ve stayed a 5 star hotels!!! Kudos on that!

I had room #3051 which had an outside door, some of the rooms have inside entry doors I would suggest you ask for an inside room because my room was noisy. I couldn’t hear the people next door but I could hear people talking and walking by my door loud and clear. Because my room was the one before you go back inside the hotel common areas of the hotel people would stop and talk there….this was annoying at 6 am.

When I got to the room I realized it was a double room and not a king as we requested. They didn’t have any more king rooms for the dates and we were stuck :( I honestly think if they could’ve move me they would have. I also requested two robes which arrived minutes after I checked the room with surprise slippers :)

Every time I went to the restaurant the bar staff went out of their way to be helpful. They hooked me up with to-go containers of cream and roses lime juice so I could make drinks in my room, the restaurant hostesses where also very helpful and one of them held my purse while I went through the breakfast buffet. Room service was always fast and perfect every time. I ordered a hamburger twice and my friend had the ribs twice. The room service staff were complete professionals when coming in the room and I really appreciated this.

I have to send a special shout out to housekeeping, these people took care of me like I was a queen…..never have I seen housekeeping go so far out of their way to accommodate. I stopped one African American lady (It matters because I can't remember her name) and she dropped everything to come and clean my room right then and it wasn’t even her room!!!!! Plus she gave me extra amenities and towels, I actually helped her clean the room she was so nice. These people MAKE you want to tip them….that’s how you do it. On other days I got the same treatment from other housekeepers….I needed my room cleaned at certain specific times and of course it was a mess. When they said they were going to come back they actually did. Amazing.

The common areas of the hotel were very nice and welcoming; this is a great family or business hotel. The only major thing was the noise outside of my room…..it was very loud…and you could hear the bus pulling up all day long. There is a liquor store within walking distance about a block but no CVS , Walgreens or Walmart so if you forget something you are stuck unless you want to get it from the tiny shop in the lobby. I would put this Radisson up against some Doubletee hotels I have stayed at for way more money with horrific service.

Room Tip: Ask for a indoor entry room ....my outdoor room was noisey .
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled on business

Been to The Inn at Opryland, A Gaylord Hotel? Share your experiences!