“Great hotel, would stay again!” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Save 10-30%
Ranked #72 of 151 Hotels in Nashville
Colorado
“Great hotel, would stay again!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 10, 2010

We came in late at night from out of town, this hotel was a breeze to find, which was wonderful for us. The front desk folks were super nice, and were very helpful when we were looking for a quick bite to eat at 11:45 at night. The lobby of this hotel is beautiful, we commented that it looks very much like an Embassy Suites (and we didn't pay anywhere near Embassy Suites prices) with so much greenery and a gated indoor pool and hot tub. There was a little piano bar that looked nice when we peeked in.
The room was definitely top notch! Spacious bathroom, very handy when you have two people trying to get ready in the morning. I used the fitness center, that was one of the better hotel gyms I've been in, great sturdy equipment, very clean with a separate bathroom with extra towels, hand sanitzer, etc.
The hotel is very close to shopping and plenty of restaurants close by. I still can't believe that we were able to stay at such a nice hotel for such a great price. Keep up the good work Holiday Inn! Stay here if you go to Nashville!

• Stayed April 2010, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (108)
Vancouver, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 11, 2010

Lets get the bad out of the way - because I quite like this hotel.

-The heat/AC is incredibly loud and uneven. I'm not a big fan of it at all. I'd rather just be too hot or cold. The linens are great for the cold, but the hot...it's hard to deal with. However, anything is better than their system.

-The water was shut down the day I was there. That'd be fine, except bottled water for was over $3/litre at the gift shot.

-Housekeeping tends to ignore the signs on the door. I was woken up twice. They were apologetic but said "No checking out today?" each day despite the fact I was there on one reservation for several days.

-The soda machine needed to take "exact change only" for 3 days due to neglect of the distributor. When it costs a single and you only have a single, it's very frustrating not to be able to buy a Coke.

-No fan in the bathroom.

-Small TV from the mid 90s.

Now the good!

-I bring/use my own toiletries but the soaps they provide seemed nice.
-Towels were clean and plentiful
-I enjoyed the floor my room was on, and appreciated being put up so high.
-The floor I was on was very quiet
-Staff was great
-Good channel selection

Overall, it was comfortable and nice. It didn't have the 4 star amenities but it's not a 4 star hotel. For what it is, and what you pay for it's great. And I have and would stay multiple times.

• Stayed April 2010, traveled on business
Knoxville TN
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 6, 2010

This Holiday Inn needs a major overhaul in its decor, maintenance, and odors!
It does not even seem like it belongs to the Holiday Inn chain. I will not stay there again.

Stayed March 2010, traveled on business
Portland, OR
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 13, 2010

My husband and I stayed at this hotel for three nights because we were planning to buy a home in the area and hoped it would be a good base of operations for us. First impressions were good—nice roomy lobby, open atrium with restaurant and beautiful swimming pool. This is a high-rise hotel by the airport, but we didn't have any noise problem from planes. Room decor has been updated nicely with comfy bed. But all we got for pillows were two pairs of little lumpy foam things wrapped with a fabric band and a label that said "soft for a good night's sleep." Hah! These were the cheapest pillows imaginable. I had to call and beg the management to scare up at least two better quality pillows for us, which they eventually did. The highlight of our stay was when we returned one afternoon weary from house-hunting to find the toilet seat up with a toilet full of someone else's urine! The rest of the room had been cleaned, but this turned my stomach! I immediately called the manager who said he would send up a maintenance engineer who would read the electronic door lock and find out who had been in our room. He did, indeed, show up and told us that the manager would contact us. 24 Hours later there had still been no call from the manager so I called again. Now a different manager, Irene, was in charge and she could find no record of our complaint from the day before! At this point I was really outraged. I must say that Irene was sincerely concerned and did calm me down by offering me a free night's stay and free breakfast as compensation for the toilet incident. She said the person responsible would be reprimanded. This entire hotel stay was a series of petty annoyances like: message light continually blinking on phone but no message ever left, hot water at sink takes forever, carpet cleaner smell in hallways, heater that rattled like a model T (had to shut it completely off to sleep). The lovely pool was almost always full of screaming kids til 10pm every night. Seems this is a very popular place for kids birthday parties. If I had known I never would have stayed here. I got cagey and tried going to the pool early in the morning. Great, no kids...no clean towels either. Had to ask management to please get towels for pool. The most frustrating part of the whole stay was the computers. They had 4 computers in the business center, 2 of which didn't work at all, 2 of which were slow as molasses. After I complained about that, they did have someone fix them so all worked, but only one was half-way fast. This really made it difficult to look up homes on the computer. The free breakfast was okay, but you have to put up with this clown they have for an omelet chef. He tells the same four jokes to everyone. I didn't think he was funny, but other people seemed to enjoy his antics. At least he can make a decent omelet. Never did find out who the culprit was or what happened to the person. I hope they fired the idiot. I will NEVER go back to this Holiday Inn again.

• Stayed February 2010, traveled as a couple
kdpears, Manager at Holiday Inn Opryland Airport, responded to this review, March 23, 2010
On behalf of the Holiday Inn Opryland Airport, I apologize for the experience you had at our hotel on your recent stay in Nashville. I appreciate the time that you took to inform us of your concern both while you were at our hotel and after you returned home, we take our guest's comments very seriously. I assure you that the issues have been resolved and as far as the employee issue, this is an internal matter in which we addressed appropriately.

Thank you again for your feedback, I hope you will consider staying with us again in the future.

Kim Pears
Las Vegas, Nevada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 25, 2010

The positives...this hotel had a pretty comfy bed and pillows, a magnifying mirror in the bathroom, and the tolietries were by Bath and Body works . The negatives...the tv was old, the towels were scratchy and small, and the clock radio was from 1985 or so. The worst part is that there is no outlet on the lamp or by the bed (without moving the bed) to plug in my phone and computer! I hate to sit at the desk, hahaha...

• Stayed January 2010, traveled on business
Memphis
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 6, 2010

Stayed here one night after flying in to Nashville earlier in the day. I've been to this hotel before so I knew what to expect. The hotel no longer has Holiday Inn "Select" signage but now has the new Holiday Inn logo sign. Check in was quick and efficient. Michael at the front desk was very pleasant. I had an AAA rate and was given a few coupons - discount in the restaurant and free continental breakfast. Room was standard but very clean. I did not have any trouble with noise even though the room faced Briley Parkway. It was hard to keep the room comfortable, though, because it was very cold outside. It was cold when the thermostat was set on 70 but too hot at 72. I didn't feel like venturing out for dinner so I went downstairs and had a small bite. Able staff and quick service at reasonable prices. Breakfast the next day was a free continental breakfast although an "upgrade" to the full hot buffet could be had for a surcharge of under $3. Good coffee. Server was very friendly and helpful. While this isn't the fanciest hotel I've stayed at, the place is well maintained, clean and the cheerful staff is a welcome change. I would stay here again.

• Stayed January 2010, traveled solo
St. Louis, MO
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 29, 2009

Nice - clean - newer hotel for a reasonable price. Looks just like the pictures. We used the Musiccity.com web and found a discount coupon that made this hotel a good deal.

Our room was what you expect in a hotel of this type. This hotel is basically new and nicely decorated. The public areas are nice as well. The free breakfast is free - not wonderful. The pool area is nice and decent size. There is no hot tub. The work out room is typical for hotels of this type. Parking is ample and free. Access to highway is very good.

On the pro and con list:

Pros: Cost, condition, cleanliness & housekeeping (they did a great job for us).
Cons: Front desk staff just does not have any knowledge of the area (local attractions - restaurant ect...). They are useless if you need or want any help with seeing the area. Unless your going to spend a great deal of time at the Gaylord complex (beautiful public areas but everything here is over-priced) this is not a good location to see the major attractions (stay downtown). The free breakfast is pre-packaged stuff that is not good but provides something to put in your stomach.

If you do not mind driving less than 10 miles into the city then this is a good choice. If you are coming to a convention or event at Gaylords stay here and save a small fortune. Lest those be your reasons to stay here I encourage you to stay in the city if you want to see the major sites in Nashville.

• Stayed December 2009, traveled with family

Been to Holiday Inn Opryland Airport? Share your experiences!