“Sonnyj Reunion” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #71 of 149 Hotels in Nashville
Frederick, Maryland
“Sonnyj Reunion”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2014

We were offered a free breakfast each day. The breakfasts were excellent. Omelets were made to order in front of you by a very friendly man named Walter. While he made our Omelets and waffles, he would talk to us and joke with us. There was also a buffet with breads, fruit, yogurt, scrambled eggs, link sausage, bacon, grits, oatmeal, and pastries.
Our room's air conditioning stopped working, and I had to call the front desk a couple of times before I received the additional pillows I requested.
Staff was very friendly.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends
Leesa L, General Manager at Holiday Inn Opryland Airport, responded to this review, July 26, 2014
Thank you for staying with us and for your feedback. I like to call Walter our best ambassador! He is entertaining and makes a delicious omelette or waffle too!

Thank you - and come back and see us again soon!

2200 Elm Hill Pike Nashville TN 37214

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (103)
Bronx, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2014

My short stay was memorable due to the excellent service at the breakfast buffet. Walter was the chef, entertainer, teacher, and comedian who prepared my omelet in the morning to start the day off right.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled on business

Thank you - and come back and see us again soon!

2200 Elm Hill Pike Nashville TN 37214
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2014

Not very clean, ashes on tv & remote, random knocking noises. When the remote stopped working, we took it to the front desk. Was told they would "send an engineer" up to fix it. When I got up this morning, no hot water. Called the front desk & they told me to "Turn on both faucets and flush the toilet twice" while they were working on the boiler. The staff was nice, but if my employer hadn't paid for it, I would have probably found another hotel.

Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
Leesa L, General Manager at Holiday Inn Opryland Airport, responded to this review, July 21, 2014
Thanks for your feedback Tabitha!

Our boiler did go out in the middle of the night this weekend. I understand it recovered quickly - but moving the water through the building is important to get that hot water back to everyone (this your instructions!).

We appreciate your business and comments and will use these to continue to improve!

Safe travels.

4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2014

The hotel staff were very friendly including Walter who was making us omelets and waffles. We had trouble with the AC in one room and the immediately moved us to another room. I can't stress enough how friendly everyone was.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Shannon C, Manager at Holiday Inn Opryland Airport, responded to this review, July 17, 2014
Hello Buck W,

Thank you so much for your review!! I'm happy that the staff was very nice and even happier that we were able to accommodate you when you ran into an issue. The employees work very hard to create a friendly environment for every guest that walks through our hotel doors!

Shannon Cunningham
Assistant Front Office Manager
York england
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2014

Stayed here in 2010 for two nights, this time for six nights to allow us to visit historic sites. The hotel was just as good although much busier than before. Reception great and helpful plus free safety storage for valuables and secure method for dealing. We had the buffet breakfast each morning with plenty of choice and a cheeky chef to do your omelettes. Staff in breakfast room all very good and polite. The bar staff same as last time with one or two new faces. Made to feel very welcome. A great place to use as a jumping off point to visit the surrounding areas of historic interest not forgetting the Jack Daniels distillery at Lynchburg.!! Also has courtesy vehicle to take you places, not mentioned by the reception to begin with, seems they have friends in the taxi business ! A nice swimming pool to relax in and overall a good place to stay

Room Tip: Don't think it matters where you have a room although ous overlooked the freeway which even when...
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends
Leesa L, General Manager at Holiday Inn Opryland Airport, responded to this review, July 16, 2014
Thanks for your great review!!! We are focused on 'cleanliness and friendliness' and it sounds like we delivered that!

I hope you will return again for your next tour of middle Tennessee - we may have completed our renovation by that time and be an even more attractive choice!

Safe travels!

Leesa LeClaire
General Manager, Holiday Inn Nashville Airport, 2200 Elm Hill Pike, Nashville TN 37214
Woodbridge, Virginia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2014

I typically do not write reviews unless they are good reviews. However I feel absolutely compelled to write a review for the TERRIBLE service and cleanliness of this hotel property. Save your money, time and frustration and stay away from this property! This property is truly a reflection of its leadership...trifling!! If I were a secret shopper (one who visits properties to rate their overall experience) my recommendation would be to shut this place down and rebuild from the inside and out.

Our basketball team was visiting Nashville to play in the Battle in the Boro tournament this past weekend. My family stayed in room 1004. The onset problems began when we checked in. The night before we left, we called the hotel to inform them that we would arrive in between 5-6am so that our rooms would not be given away (we had a reservation for the night we were leaving and due to military obligations we could not arrive for the first night of our stay) Upon arriving myself and two other families were told that they didn't have any more rooms except for smoking rooms. When we booked our reservations back in March (thru T3 Travel) a contract set up between the travel agency and the hotel, we all requested NON-SMOKING rooms (we all have children) and NONE of our families smoke. We were told by Todd the front desk manager at the time of check in that they would not have any room available until at least 9am. What Todd did not want to admit at the time was the hotel in fact gave away our rooms (even after a phone call was made to confirm our arrival and not sell our rooms) and yes our hotel rooms were guaranteed with a credit card. To boot, since we made our reservations through T3 Travel, this hotel would have gotten their money regardless of our arrival so there was ZERO need to sell our rooms! Needless to say we had to wait an additional 3 hours for rooms to come available and check in after driving 10 hours. In an attempt to pacify us, Todd offered us "complimentary breakfast coupons". The typical standard hotel practice of giving away a free drink or meal so that a customer can quickly go away in an attempt to smooth things over. Apparently with this common practice because of the mired of problems here. There is no amount of complimentary food or drinks that will solve the issues with this hotel...none.

The biggest problem was when we returned to check in (3 hours later), we were greeted by Sonya (the front desk supervisor). Sonya informed us that rooms still were not available however guests were checking out and that she would get on housekeeping to get rooms ready for us immediately. Sonya also informed us that the hotel would not charge us for the first nights stay and would comp the second nights stay. We waited another hour (10am) for the first two rooms and an additional hour and a half (1030am) for the third room. Once the rooms were available our travel party signed the registration card that read our daily rate would be: 0.00USD with a rate code of: INCMP meaning we would pay NOTHING for our rooms. However this property proceeded to charge myself and the other parties involved $30 per day for our stay plus tax which was discovered the very next day. We went to the desk and spoke to Michael! I asked Michael to pull our registration cards to confirm our "rate", which at the time, he to discovered the hotel made a HUGE mistake once again! To save face and to cover up their lack of attention to detail Michael, informed in front of myself and the two other guest involved as well as the Security Director Malcolm that the hotel would honor the daily rate of: 0.00USD. Then once again Malcolm offered us complimentary drinks from the bar (sub standard business practice).

Moving forward to Sunday our day to check out of the hotel. I go to the front desk to check out only to find that the hotel has charged my credit card for $111.24 ($30 per day plus state, occupancy and city tax). Remember I signed a registration card that states my rate per day would be: 0.00. So now this property has fraudently charged my credit card over a $100 and has not honored their word, not from one front desk manager, but two front desk managers (Sonya and Michael). My problem in this matter was I didn't ask for any of this. I asked for a clean and comfortable stay. I never walk into a place expecting to get anything for free. Of three parties with this issue, I was the one who didn't make a scene, I didn't curse out anyone, and I didn't walk in expecting to get anything for free. However the hotel offered it to cover up their mistake and then tried to earn a penny off of their mistake and make me as the customer suffer for it! This is bad business which is why I've decided to write this horrible review.

Although this hotel is going through renovations and the hotel's lobby area appears to be nice, please do not let the aesthetics of this place fool you. It's filthy!!! The carpets have stains outside and inside of the rooms. My room alone had stains all throughout the carpet. The curtains were laid with dust. The bathroom had its own science project growing with mold in the corners on the sink and tub. The tub is not cleaned nor has it seen bleach. When we take a shower the tub had a slow drain (the drain is probably clogged with hair) and we would stand in ankle deep water that's not draining properly (yes I called maintenance and all he did was take out the plug). The drain needs to be snaked to clear the debris. During our stay, housekeeping only came twice (we stayed three nights). After our girls played a full day of basketball (three games in all) they could not shower and once again had to wait for clean towels and for the room to be cleaned at 9pm at night (oh and which they didn't do, they just removed the trash and set the towels on the desk). I had to inform Michael (the front desk supervisor) of the issue and once again wait!

I've traveled all around the world and have stayed in all types of hotels, and by far this was THE WORST -- NEVER AGAIN will I stay at a Holiday Inn ANYWHERE! This property has ruined it for any other Holiday Inn property. I will stick with Marriott, Starwood and Kimpton regardless of the hotel contract with our tournaments, government as well as pleasure!

Room Tip: Just don't stay here. Save yourself the trouble and stay elsewhere!
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
We always want to hear from our guests - even if we do not meet all of their needs. We do however, expect to be treated with respectful interactions and feedback. One portion of your team that I personally met shared apologies for the behavior of a few in the group. I do know our team worked hard to try to accommodate your requests, even when the exchanges were not so respectful.

I hope you will find a way to treat all service staff you encounter in the future with kindness. They work hard.

Leesa L.
north carolina
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2014

The service was fine but our room needed make over. The room was clean but the entire room was somewhat worn. The location was excellent and the price good but it is time for wall paper,desk, and a new AC to replace the loud one, I would stay again but there is room for improvement.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Sonya0216, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Opryland Airport, responded to this review, July 15, 2014
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you so much for your review! We are pleased to announce that the hotel will be going through a renovation next month. We are excited about the changes and take you up on the offer to come back and stay with us. We are sure that after the renovation you will be impressed about the product and what we have to offer. Thank you again for your feedback; enjoy your travels!

Warm regards,
Sonya

Been to Holiday Inn Opryland Airport? Share your experiences!