“Walter made the stay wonderful!” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #68 of 150 Hotels in Nashville
Chattanooga, Tennessee
“Walter made the stay wonderful!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2014

I stay at this Holiday Inn almost exclusively when I am in Nashville on bussiness. The hotel, while showing it's age, is comfortable and clean. The aspect of my stay that is most enjoyable is the restuarant's omlette maker Walter. His ability to uplift your spirits as well as create a masterpiece of an omlette, always bightens my day!

Room Tip: Ask for a room that faces the parking lot; it's quieter.
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
Shannon C, Manager at Holiday Inn Opryland Airport, responded to this review, July 5, 2014
Hello BillV66,

Thank you for making the Holiday Inn Opryland Airport your home away from home when visiting Nashville. We will be going through a renovation very soon so we will be updating the guest rooms. Walter is loved by everyone and we all appreciate those awesome omelets and his awesome spirit!

Assistant Front Office Manager
2200 Elm Hill Pike
Nashville,TN 37208
615-883-9770

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (100)
Watertown, Wisconsin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2014

I am a DeltaAirlines Flight Attendant who checked in 22nd and out the 23rd. The hotel is excellent and the buffet breakfast was also excellent. Walter was the omelet maker and he made the best omelet I ever had. The waitress were very nice and helpful too.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
Leesa L, General Manager at Holiday Inn Opryland Airport, responded to this review, June 28, 2014
Thank you for the great feedback! Our team is working hard everyday to take care of our guests. Flight crews are an important part of our business, and as a frequent traveler, your comments are even more appreciated! Walter makes a great omelette and certainly provides entertainment in the morning, a good way to start any day.

Safe travels. We look forward to serving you again soon.

Leesa LeClaire, General Manager, Holiday Nashville Airport, 2200 Elm Hill Pike, Nashville TN 37214
Yonkers, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2014

we had a great stay. The staff are very helpful and professional. The hotel is away from Nashville city but only a short drive away. They have a breakfast buffet, which is spot on. Walter is the breakfast chef. He is awesome, he will put a smile on your face with his cheerfulness and his omelets. The only negative I can say is that the rooms need to have fridges.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Hello Louie E,

Thank you so much for your review. We're happy you enjoyed your stay, the staff and the breakfast. We would love to see you on your next visit back to Nashville!

Assistant Front Office Manager
Victor, Idaho
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2014

As a Platinum Elite member, I stay at a lot of Holiday Inn hotels. In general, I find them much better than you would expect. However, this one has facilities and service that are sub-par and not worth it. Here's my experience and why it deserves such a low ranking:
- On checkin, they didn't provide for the typical Elite member points or gift bag
- The entire third floor elevator lobby and hallway hadn't been vacuumed in weeks
- On three separate occasions I asked they take care of the really bad debris there, over 5 nights, they never bothered to clean it.
- The shower drove me nuts. It was too cold or too hot. Sometimes it was cold at one setting and then hot at the same setting. Needless to say, I took some short showers.
- Not enough plugs, no desk, small table already full of coffemaker, etc. Plugs wouldn't keep any of my chargers. They just fell out.

I will say that there were a few bright spots.
- Building maintenance had occasion to help me with a bad key. The engineer was fantastic. She tested it and then got me a new key
- Breakfast, while not free, was good and the kitchen and wait staff were great.

I'll conclude how anyone can speak to the front desk three times and a security manager once without any change to public spaces in a hotel? It's almost inconceivable except that it happened and no one at the hotel seemed to care.

Hello Porter6,

I want to thank you for your feedback and I want to thank you for being a Platinum Elite Member with our rewards club. I want to apologize about the issues you encountered during your stay. They will be addressed with the correct department so we can improve the guest experience and our hotel overall.

Chesapeake, Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2014

The Hotel is currently under renovations. At times the line for elevator went into the lobby. Customer Service was wonderful...house keeping, front desk (Char..lette) sorry for messing up the name, and special mention for Walter (omelet and fresh waffle chef extraordinary). The location and price was reasonable

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Leesa L, General Manager at Holiday Inn Opryland Airport, responded to this review, June 26, 2014
Thank you so much for your wonderful review! Charlene, Walter and all our team work hard everyday to provide a clean, comfortable and friendly environment for your 'home away from home'! We are in the process of renovating the hotel - we look forward to your return!!

Leesa LeClaire
Holiday Inn Opryland Airport
2200 Elm Hill Pike Nashville TN 37214
Wadsworth, Illinois
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2014

Close enough to downtown, undergoing some needed renovations. Hallways need some A/C. Staff was very courteous & helpful, Walter will make any omelet you want and put a smile on your face, what a bright start to the morning he was! I would have given a very good rating if the hallways were not so hot & the elevator wait times were not so long. Hopefully the renovations will correct these issues, we were otherwise very pleased with everything else.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
Sonya0216, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Opryland Airport, responded to this review, June 25, 2014
Thank you so much for your review. We appreciate your feedback. Come back and see us after our renovations.

Warm regards,
Sonya
Arlington, Texas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2014

Huge hotel however it is going through renovations and large blower fans are in most hallways including the lobby. I checked in late did not have dinner but happened to have a bag of popcorn. First I called to see if they had vending machines there are none only soda machines there is not a fridge or microwave in the rooms so I went to the front to ask if they had a microwave I could use. The response I received was atrocious he nastily said it's on the 12th floor duh. My eyes got big around I told him that it was my first time to the hotel and that I had no clue where it was he just said well it's on the 12th floor and looked away. I guess he doesn't like working nights sure hope this is NOT the attitude of the morning or afternoon staff!!! Overall room was outdated carpet dingy bed was comfy. There is a hotel breakfast Buffett that is delicious. Again not bad but watch out for the rude attitudes late at night.

• Stayed June 2014
Dear Luva2travel,

Thank you for your review. Your comments have been shared with our team to help us improve our overall service.

Warm regards,
Sonya

Been to Holiday Inn Opryland Airport? Share your experiences!