“We had a great stay” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #71 of 149 Hotels in Nashville
Oldsmar, Florida, United States
“We had a great stay”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2013

The main reason I decided to write a review on this hotel is the hotel staff. They were all very friendly, but one stuck out.... Walter. Walter was our omelet/waffle chef. Not only did he make a mean omelet, but he had the best personality. He spoke with everyone and made you feel right at home. I couldn't resist writing a review because of his infectious smile and great conversation(s). Stop by if you're in the neighborhood and say hello to Walter.. a.k.a. the best chef ever!!!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Sonya0216, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Opryland Airport, responded to this review, September 17, 2013
Thank you so much for taking the time to tell us about your recent stay at our hotel. We are so happy to hear that our staff was friendly to you and that you enjoy your breakfast and especially Walter. Your comments are greatly appreciated and will be shared with our staff. Thank you again for your time and feedback; we look forward to having you as our guest the next time you are in Nashville.

Sonya

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (103)
Columbus, Georgia, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2013

Minnie checked me in efficiently with no problems. I was pleased with the check in process. The dining crew was a different brand. The space was not clean, the waitresses were slow getting coffee and service to the table on 5 of the 6 times we dined in the restaurant. The bartender in the lounge was elsewhere the two times I tried to get a drink. Once she had to leave for ice. Why would you open a bar without stocking it with ice first?

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you so much for your feedback regarding your recent stay at our hotel. We are pleased to hear that your check in experience with Minne was great. Your comments regarding our restaurant and lounge area will be shared with our team to help us improve our hotel. We appreciate your feedback and want you to know that we will do everything within our power to make sure that we resolve the issues. Thank you again for bringing the information to our attention.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2013

My stay at the hotel was great. I had really great service and accommodations. It is a lovely hotel and a makes a stay in Nashville great and relaxing. The rooms are a great size for our family. Everything was comfortable and inviting. The staff were genuine and ready to help and serve when needed. I received everything I asked for in a timely manner. Also, the hotel itself is just beautiful. Great surroundings while enjoying your stay.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Thank you so much for your review. We are happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay and that our staff was very friendly and geniune. Your comments will be shared with our team so that we can celebrate together. We would love to have you stay with us again the next time you are in the Nashville area. Thank you again for your time and feedback.

Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2013

The Assistant Guest Services Manager, Darcell Sykes, is a great face for your hotel! He is customer service at its finest! I have dealt with many front desk employees over my lifetime and he stands far above any that I have experienced. He is very accommodating and clearly desires to make the guests comfortable. Although I did not have any particular issues out of the norm while I there, I observed his professionalism with other guests during stressful periods. He has the ability to bring calm to the room and make everyone just take a breath. Although cosmetically the property could stand a facelift, excellent customer service provided by Darcell was a great distraction. I will definitely recommend this hotel to anyone visiting the area!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Sonya0216, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Opryland Airport, responded to this review, September 16, 2013
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your recent experience at our hotel. I am so happy to hear that Darcell made your stay enjoyable and that he was professional and calm. We appreciate your feedback concerning the general condition of our property as well. Your comments will be shared with our team. Thank you again for your review; we look forward to having you as our guest the next time you are in Nashville.

Grove City, Pennsylvania, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 15, 2013

I don't like to be picky and for just an overnight I wouldn't have been upset. We stayed several days and the room was a disappointment. The carpet looked dirty, there was a dead bug in the middle of a drawer, a lower shelf was very dusty, the mattress surround was dirty, We needed to put a towel down in the tub while showering for safety concerns.
Otherwise, I could not have been happier, the staff and meeting rooms were wonderful. food was excellent and the wait staff made up feel so very welcome and everyone was cheery.

Room Tip: Ask to see the room first.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
Thank you so much for sharing the details of your most recent stay with us. We are happy to hear that our staff was very friendly and cheery and you found the food to be excellent. I also appreciate you taking the time to tell us about your overall guest room. I apologize for the cleanliness issues and will share your comments with our Director of Housekeeping in an effort to help us improve our hotel. Thank you again for your time and business; we welcome the posibility of having you back with us in the future.

Nashville, Tennessee
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 14, 2013

The hotel had some things going on which are notable. I would recommend saving energy by turning down the air conditioning to a comfortable level. We found ourselves going outside to warm up.
The hotel had a problem with their ice machines. Folks were going from floor to floor trying to get ice. Seemed most of the ice machines were not working. Maybe on 2 or 3 on a 14 floor hotel. That's not acceptable.
On a positive note, Walter the breakfast chef was absolutely the best asset this hotel has. He has a great sense of humor and makes a fantastic omelet. Breakfast is the best because of him.
I think we would not recommend this hotel unless you were only staying for one night.
The staff was fine, it's just that this hotel needs some work with service with respect of normal hotel maintenance. The pool smelled heavily of chlorine as well as the hot tub and the water was a bit cloudy. Not something I was comfortable swimming in.
With a little work this hotel can do better.
Sorry for this negative review but it may help to get things going a little better here.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
Thank you so much for your review. I apologize for the problems you encountered during your stay. We appreciate your feedback regarding our overall hotel, the ice machines and your service with Walter, our omlet Chef. Your comments will be shared with our team to help us improve our hotel. Thank you again for your feedback; we appreciate your review and would love for you to consider our hotel the next time you are in the Nashville area.

Paducah, Kentucky, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 13, 2013

My wife and I were heading to Jamaica for our Honeymoon/1st Anniversary last week. Our flight was at 6:30AM so we really didn't want to have to make a 2 hour drive that early in the morning. We decided to book a night at the Holiday Inn. When we arrived the staff was more than gracious to assist us with where to park and signing in so we could leave our car there while we were out of the country. They said that the shuttle service didn't start until 5am, but they would gladly call a cab for us and because of a contract they have with the company, it would be free of charge.

We checked in, got to our room and settled in. We decided to head down to the bar for a quick bite and drink. The atmosphere was awesome, They had live music and the food was pretty darn good. The waitress was always checking on us and we loved the service.

We headed back up to our room crashed for the evening.

Our wake-up call was for 4am, it was on time and we were happy for that!

We packed up and headed to the lobby, the cab was there waiting, and just to be sure I checked with the front desk to see if I needed a voucher for the free cab fare, the front desk clerk told me that I must have been confused, but they do not offer that service for free. I didn't have much time to argue that point so we sucked up the fare and traveled to the airport with plenty of time to spare.

On our arrival back home, the shuttle service back to the hotel was exceptional. Troy, the driver was very kind and I felt like he was an old friend by how comfortable he made the short trip back to the hotel. He dropped us off right at our car and helped us load it up. Very kind gentleman for sure.

Overall we were happy with the stay, aside from the trip to the airport. I would recommend this hotel to anyone traveling out of the Nashville Airport or staying a week in Nashville. Great atmosphere!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you so much for your review. We appreciate you taking the time to tell us about your experience with Aaron, sometimes our restaurant staff gets left out as far as guest comments are concerned. I will make sure I share your survey with her. Thank you again for your time and review; please come back and see us the next time you are in the Nashville area.

Sonya

Been to Holiday Inn Opryland Airport? Share your experiences!