“Very nice hotel in a great location” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Save 10-30%
Ranked #71 of 151 Hotels in Nashville
Indianapolis, Indiana
“Very nice hotel in a great location”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2013

My stay was from March 20-23. There were no issues and all of the staff I interacted with were courteous and friendly. My hotel room was clean and the hotel seemed nicely kept. My mattress was firm, but that is what I prefer. I was on the 11th floor and rarely had to wait for an elevator. I read other reviews that mentioned the hotel was "very outdated" which led me to believe everything was worn and old-looking. It seemed satisfying to me. I would consider booking this hotel again in the future if I were visiting the Nashville area.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
Kim P, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Nashville Airport, responded to this review, March 27, 2013
Thank you for your review, I will pass on the kind words to our staff. Come see us again

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (111)
hopkinsville
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2013

Not sure why this hotel is getting such bad reviews. We had a pleasant stay for one night. Our room rate was $75.00 and when we checked in my wife presented our Priority Club card and we were given 2 Breakfast Buffet coupons for free breakfast. Room was clean and quiet so we had no problems. Would stay here again.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your comments and nice review, we hope to see you again soon.
Hartford, Connecticut
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2013

Found hotel to be clean and staff to be friendly. The hotel was less than ten minutes from the airport and an easy ten minute drive to downtown Nashville. We made the trip several times, both to walk Broadway and for 2 Predator games. The only thing that kept my review from being "Excellent" was the thin-ness of the doors. We could easily hear conversations of people walking down the hall. I would not let this deter you though, especially if you want a reasonably priced hotel close to everything

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your review, we will recognize Meer for his excellent service.
Indianapolis, In
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 21, 2013

I was surprised to be paying $169/night for this hotel. It was not very clean and there were some significant inconveniences associated with my stay. There was a sign in the elevator that said the water would be turned off the following day between noon and 5:00 PM. I arrived back at the hotel after 5:00 PM expecting to take a shower and head back out, but there was still no water. Plus, the shower temp during my stay fluctuated widely from very hot to cold. There was no ice in any of the machines, despite trying numerous floors, the bed was hard as a rock, and my room was grimy. The workout room was decent and the business center looked nicely appointed, but the Internet connection was maddeningly slow. I booked this hotel as they had the lowest rates available and it was a work trip. I hope I don't have to stay there again. Most of the staff were friendly, with the glaring exception of the front desk staff who checked me in.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Kim P, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Nashville Airport, responded to this review, March 25, 2013
I am sorry for the inconvenience you experienced, the water being shut off was a needed upgrade as we were replacing our boilers, we attempt to do this work when it will not effect out guests, I am very sorry that this was not the case for you. I am also sorry for the issue you encountered with our front desk check in staff, that will be addressed. Thank you for your review.
Portland, Oregon
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2013

Hotel is extremely outdated. Barely any outlets in the wall. Outdated furniture. Bed is the only thing which looks like it has been updated in the past 20 years. The pillows are fluffed to look like down pillows but they are just standard pillows. I made my reservation through Priceline, and when I went to check-in, the hotel stated that Priceline had overbooked them and the only room they had left was a hyda-bed (a couch which pulls out into a bed) room. They actually considered this an option for a room. Not to mention, a parlor room is a room that connects to another customer's room. They treated me like none of this was their problem and I was Priceline's customer and if I didn't like their hotel room options, I needed to contact Priceline. The business center does not have a printer, which we really needed, so you have to email the front desk attendant and they have to print off the document for you. We had to wait in line for a half hour at the front desk just to have a document printed because there was only one attendant and there was a line. Awful experience. I ended staying in a hotel room that they were not supposed to rent out (so I didn't have to sleep on a hyda-bed with my traveling partner) They were not supposed to rent it because the carpets had recently been shampooed, so the floors were wet and the room had a smell. Not to mention the bathroom had not been completely cleaned, there was debris on the bathroom counter and hair in the bathtub. Stayed 2 nights and I thought the bathroom would be cleaned on the second night but the same dirt and things were still present.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Kim P, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Nashville Airport, responded to this review, March 19, 2013
Unacceptable! I am so sorry for your inconvenience and experience at our hotel, please accept my apology.
Savannah, Georgia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013

This hotel has gone down a lot over the past twenty years, but is still good for a good night sleep. Rooms are pretty clean and I have never had a problem in that regard. Desk staff is incredibly slow and usually understaffed. With reservations made in advance and no one in line in front of you (rare) it will still take 10 minutes for them to check you in.

Room Tip: Get aroom above 4th floor otherise the noise will be an issue.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Kim P, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Nashville Airport, responded to this review, March 18, 2013
Thank you for your review. Please contact me directly as I would like to discuss the front desk issue, it should not take that long to check in, I would like to find out what the issue may be so that we can correct it.
Boaz, Alabama
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 3, 2013

Was not pleased with my stay. For starters, we stayed on the 6th floor which smelled terrible. The ceilings had black spots on them. when i checked the vents in the bathroom, the were caked in dust. We had a room with double beds. The beds were hard and uncomfortable. That's not even the worst part. Apparently, they have live music that shakes the walls. Keep in mind we stayed on the sixth floor. After my second complaint, the front desk told me they would be finished at midnight, Midnight! I stayed at the hotel to sleep. I complained to the front desk this morning about the noise and her only response was, "I didn't think that you could hear the music past the second floor". Give me a break! I will never stay here again.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
I am sorry for your experience, we have addressed the issue with the music in the bar, this should not be a concern going forward. We are addressing the cleanliness concerns with our staff.

Been to Holiday Inn Nashville Airport? Share your experiences!