“Nice stay” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #70 of 149 Hotels in Nashville
hopkinsville
“Nice stay”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2013

Not sure why this hotel is getting such bad reviews. We had a pleasant stay for one night. Our room rate was $75.00 and when we checked in my wife presented our Priority Club card and we were given 2 Breakfast Buffet coupons for free breakfast. Room was clean and quiet so we had no problems. Would stay here again.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Kim P, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Opryland Airport, responded to this review, March 27, 2013
Thank you for your comments and nice review, we hope to see you again soon.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (105)
Hartford, Connecticut
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2013

Found hotel to be clean and staff to be friendly. The hotel was less than ten minutes from the airport and an easy ten minute drive to downtown Nashville. We made the trip several times, both to walk Broadway and for 2 Predator games. The only thing that kept my review from being "Excellent" was the thin-ness of the doors. We could easily hear conversations of people walking down the hall. I would not let this deter you though, especially if you want a reasonably priced hotel close to everything

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your review, we will recognize Meer for his excellent service.
Indianapolis, In
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 21, 2013

I was surprised to be paying $169/night for this hotel. It was not very clean and there were some significant inconveniences associated with my stay. There was a sign in the elevator that said the water would be turned off the following day between noon and 5:00 PM. I arrived back at the hotel after 5:00 PM expecting to take a shower and head back out, but there was still no water. Plus, the shower temp during my stay fluctuated widely from very hot to cold. There was no ice in any of the machines, despite trying numerous floors, the bed was hard as a rock, and my room was grimy. The workout room was decent and the business center looked nicely appointed, but the Internet connection was maddeningly slow. I booked this hotel as they had the lowest rates available and it was a work trip. I hope I don't have to stay there again. Most of the staff were friendly, with the glaring exception of the front desk staff who checked me in.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Kim P, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Opryland Airport, responded to this review, March 25, 2013
I am sorry for the inconvenience you experienced, the water being shut off was a needed upgrade as we were replacing our boilers, we attempt to do this work when it will not effect out guests, I am very sorry that this was not the case for you. I am also sorry for the issue you encountered with our front desk check in staff, that will be addressed. Thank you for your review.
Portland, Oregon
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2013

Hotel is extremely outdated. Barely any outlets in the wall. Outdated furniture. Bed is the only thing which looks like it has been updated in the past 20 years. The pillows are fluffed to look like down pillows but they are just standard pillows. I made my reservation through Priceline, and when I went to check-in, the hotel stated that Priceline had overbooked them and the only room they had left was a hyda-bed (a couch which pulls out into a bed) room. They actually considered this an option for a room. Not to mention, a parlor room is a room that connects to another customer's room. They treated me like none of this was their problem and I was Priceline's customer and if I didn't like their hotel room options, I needed to contact Priceline. The business center does not have a printer, which we really needed, so you have to email the front desk attendant and they have to print off the document for you. We had to wait in line for a half hour at the front desk just to have a document printed because there was only one attendant and there was a line. Awful experience. I ended staying in a hotel room that they were not supposed to rent out (so I didn't have to sleep on a hyda-bed with my traveling partner) They were not supposed to rent it because the carpets had recently been shampooed, so the floors were wet and the room had a smell. Not to mention the bathroom had not been completely cleaned, there was debris on the bathroom counter and hair in the bathtub. Stayed 2 nights and I thought the bathroom would be cleaned on the second night but the same dirt and things were still present.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Kim P, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Opryland Airport, responded to this review, March 19, 2013
Unacceptable! I am so sorry for your inconvenience and experience at our hotel, please accept my apology.
Savannah, Georgia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013

This hotel has gone down a lot over the past twenty years, but is still good for a good night sleep. Rooms are pretty clean and I have never had a problem in that regard. Desk staff is incredibly slow and usually understaffed. With reservations made in advance and no one in line in front of you (rare) it will still take 10 minutes for them to check you in.

Room Tip: Get aroom above 4th floor otherise the noise will be an issue.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Kim P, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Opryland Airport, responded to this review, March 18, 2013
Thank you for your review. Please contact me directly as I would like to discuss the front desk issue, it should not take that long to check in, I would like to find out what the issue may be so that we can correct it.
Boaz, Alabama
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 3, 2013

Was not pleased with my stay. For starters, we stayed on the 6th floor which smelled terrible. The ceilings had black spots on them. when i checked the vents in the bathroom, the were caked in dust. We had a room with double beds. The beds were hard and uncomfortable. That's not even the worst part. Apparently, they have live music that shakes the walls. Keep in mind we stayed on the sixth floor. After my second complaint, the front desk told me they would be finished at midnight, Midnight! I stayed at the hotel to sleep. I complained to the front desk this morning about the noise and her only response was, "I didn't think that you could hear the music past the second floor". Give me a break! I will never stay here again.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
I am sorry for your experience, we have addressed the issue with the music in the bar, this should not be a concern going forward. We are addressing the cleanliness concerns with our staff.
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 2, 2013 via mobile

We arrived for our stay & as soon as we exited the elevator onto the 6th floor we were greeted with a stale smoke smell. It only got worse when we opened the room door. Add a mold/mildew smell to the stale smoke smell. When you look up at the ceiling, it is clear by the horrible repatching job that there was previous water damage....in fact, you could see it through what looked like white spray paint on the ceiling. Also, the ceiling was filthy disgusting with black dust all over it. The bathroom. Was mostly clean & sheets were clean, but that's the only positive which is not saying much. The ceiling in the bathroom also has brown water stain damage that they didn't even attempt to hide. The shower pressure was almost non existent, the hair dryer barely worked ...perhaps BC its sized for a baby doll, the ice machine on the 6thfloor doesnt work, doors slam shut all night long ( they need to find a solution to that). I am sitting here typing this while I lay here in their hotel room on the lumpy bed with lumpy pillows trying to sleep but cannot BC of the obnoxious live band they have playing so loud you can clearly hear it on the 6th floor. Hotels are for sleeping...how very unprofessional of the hotel not to disclose that a live band will prevent you from sleeping until 11:30pm! I have children upset & crying BC they are overly exhausted & can't sleep BC they aren't use to sleeping at a "club"! So upset. Not to mention one of my kids is hacking BC she is allergic to mold & mildew & we are sleeping in a cesspool of it! I can't imagine it gets any worse than this! Oh & the staff at the front desk seemed preoccupied or distracted & forgot to give us keys until we were walking away! Geez really?

• Stayed March 2013
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Opryland Airport, responded to this review, March 18, 2013
Dear momofkirk3,

Thank you for staying with us on your recent visit and for taking the time to write about your recent experience at our hotel. We strive to accommodate all of our guests and their needs and I’m disappointed that we did not meet your expectations. We apologize for the shortfalls during your recent stay with us. We constantly strive to provide an environment of comfort and value to our guests, therefore, we are sincerely concerned when we fall short of your expectations. We have taken note of your valuable comments and will use these to monitor and improve the quality of services we offer to our guests.

I want to extend my personal apology, and to thank you for helping us improve our hotel and services. We hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back to our hotel and replace your bad experience with one that reflects our true standards.

Without your guest feedback we cannot continue to improve our services. We look forward to your return.

Ferdinand G
Case Manager
IHGCare

Been to Holiday Inn Opryland Airport? Share your experiences!