“Very pleased!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #70 of 149 Hotels in Nashville
Southern Illinois
“Very pleased!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 16, 2011 via mobile

I stayed here on a trip down to Nashville for a night of fun. The hotel is fairly priced and is convenient to downtown and opryland area. We loved the pool area! The hottub was hot and the water in the pool was warmed perfectly...there's even a sauna. Managers reception in the evening while we were there too. There's an atrium bar in the afternoon and a night bar with live music. Also a souvenir shop. The staff were very nice and made good time when we requested anything. Elevators are speedy! Only down side was the old tv, but by holiday inn standards these must be replaced with flat screens soon so it shouldn't be an issue for long.

• Stayed December 2011
Kim P, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Opryland Airport, responded to this review, January 19, 2012
Thank you for your kind words, we look forward to having you stay with us again.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (105)
Arkansas, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 13, 2011

I've stayed at this hotel several times over the last 15 years and never had any issues until this last go around. I arrived rather late, around 11:30PM and ended up parking out towards the end of the parking lot. My truck's gas tank was drilled to steal the gas. I reported the vandalism to the hotel and Heather S. was apologetic, did take my information, and said their risk management group would be in contact. It has been a week and no contact. The hotel does not have any cameras in the parking lot, never really liked big brother, but that will be one thing I look for at a hotel going forward.
My room was clean but dated and a bit pricy for what you get in my opinion. The internet connection was terribly slow. There is no free breakfast, but with the Priority Club membership, you get it free. If you don't get that, expect to pay at least $12 for breakfast. The omelet lady makes a great omelet! Upon arrival the second night I did have a nice cheese and cracker plate in the room which was a nice gesture but not really enough to cover the repair, inconvenience, and a return trip to Nashville to pick my truck up.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled on business
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 9, 2011 via mobile

Forced to stay here for work (Airline crew), I was greatly disappointed and disgusted. This hotel is obviously old and has made half-hearted attempts to renovate.

As for cleanliness, this was the worst part of my stay; so bad that I couldn't eve sleep for fear of touching the sheets and pillows. The first room had dirty carpet, someone else's hair all over the sheets and pillows, and a toilet with remnants of the previous occupant! Clearly, the housekeeping staff has not been told that guests do not appreciate staying in a room with the remnants of someone else's excrement. I know this, because the next room wasn't much better. Fecal matter stuck to the toilet bowl. I wanted to puke!

Thank god my flight was early so I could get out of this disgusting hotel as quickly as possible. Oh! One last thing! When I went to the bar for a glass of wine to try to calm down from the filth in my room, the bartender actually wiped out the glass with a dish rag. Who knows what that rag was used for. Unfortunately, bc of my previous observations, I could safely assume that that rag was the same one used to wipe down tables and that my wine glass hadn't been cleaned from earlier.

Management - please give your employees a lesson on cleanliness and customer perceptions. I hope I never have to stay here again. Even if I have to go here for work, I would gladly pay my own money to stay somewhere else!

• Stayed November 2011
Nashville, Tennessee
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 7, 2011 via mobile

The staff is very nice and helpful. The room was clean, although it was suppose to be nonsmoking I could definitely smell smoke! The tv was old and had a poor picture. The bed was soft and the room noise was not bad. I could hear aircraft at the airport but they did not keep me awake. The bath room was adequate. Water pressure was good. Like someone else said the pool is located behind the restaurant lounge area and is pretty uninviting. The restaurant is way over priced! The food is good but to much for what you get. The location is just off Briley Parkway and convenient to I-40.

• Stayed December 2011
Brentwood
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 4, 2011

I was Hotel Liason for our group's 80-100 attendees. The hotel rate could not be beat! The attendees were so pleased with our service I heard many times how this was the BEST venue and food our group had ever had at one of our events. Diana Gupton was instrumental with her sales staff in making sure our groups needs were met from beginning to end. Our banquet, meeting rooms, registration, hospitality suite - all of our needs were met beyond our expectations. The food was exceptional. The Chef personalized our menus to our groups' dietary specifications and made everything taste so very incredibly good. We enjoyed the entertainment by the long-time employee at the omlette station - I am so sorry I forget the gentleman's name. He was so entertaining and gracious. He made our guests feel very special and welcomed. Our liason for set up and last minute needs - I am so sorry I forget this gentleman's name as well - he was AWESOME about last minute requests for set up with extra tables and chairs, and the like that we had not planned on needing. Our banquet server was so attentive at all our group meals in making sure we had plenty of everything we needed on our buffets. Everyone was served without wait which was a concern since we were such a large group. The front desk staff was also efficient and gracious in attending to all our guests. The shuttle drivers were also terrific in picking up our attendees from the airport. No one had any complaints about their transportation. If our group gets to host another event in Nashville, we will not hesitate to secure this venue. Our group's coordinators for this event received complimnets and high praise from the meeting attendees about the hotel and the staff. They were amazing!

• Stayed July 2011, traveled on business
Lanesville, Indiana
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 16, 2011

The restuarant staff was unfriendly and rude. The saving grace was the omelet chef, best omelet I've eaten. It took two days to get extra towels, we were packing by that time!! From our room you could hear the band play ALL night long. It was a disappointment because other Holiday Inns I have stayed at have been great!

Room Tip: If you must stay here, make sure you are away from the band!!!
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled with family
kdpears, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Opryland Airport, responded to this review, November 18, 2011
We apologize for your experience, we appreciate the time you took to review our hotel, we are addressing these issues with the staff members involved. We are working hard to make this a place that you feel at home, we are truly sorry that we fell short during your stay. Please accept our apologies and give us a second chance to show you how we have improved.
Palm Desert, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2011

This review starts in a strange spot, the airport. Like most hotels, the Nashville Airport has one of the hotel kiosks where you pick up the phone and it automatically calls the hotel for a shuttle. This hotel is hotel 38. Only problem, there is no button for hotel 38!

After digging out my reservation and getting their number, I called for the shuttle. Sorry, it runs 5 am to 11 pm. Just take a taxi. I booked this hotel because of the free shuttle, now I'm told to take a taxi. So $17 later, I'm at the hotel. They were polite and friendly about it, but completely unapologetic.

All this being said, I would stay there again if I were arriving when the shuttle was operational and it was priced fairly. If you expect the Ritz every time you stay at a hotel, then this hotel isn't for you, but if you want a comfortable functional room, it will do fine.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled solo
We will research the phone number issue at the airport kiosk and ask the airport to get that fixed as soon as possible. As for the airport transportation, I am sorry that we failed to provide the hours of our shuttle at the time of your reservation, I will ask that the reservation agents inform our guests during the confirmation process what the hours of our airport shuttle are. I am also sorry and want to express my apologies on behalf of the hotel that our staff although were pleasant did not show empathy for your situation.

Been to Holiday Inn Opryland Airport? Share your experiences!