“Great City, Awesome Hotel Experience"” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Save 10-30%
Ranked #71 of 150 Hotels in Nashville
Bowie, Maryland
“Great City, Awesome Hotel Experience"”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 12, 2011

It was our first time to Nashville, TN - and we loved it. As a Holiday Inn Platinum member, we were pleasantly surprised to get free breakfast tickets and free wine vouchers redeemable at the restaurant for our entire 4-day stay. Kudos to Irene at the front desk for hooking that up for us! We usually stay at HI Express hotel whenever we travel for fun because they give you free breakfast...so the free food was a nice perk that stands out as *the* deciding factor that would make me choose this hotel (Holiday Inn) again over an Express if and when I had to return to the Nashville area.

Speaking of breakfast... Erin - our server in the restaurant - was awesome! The breakfast set-up is buffet-style, so she wasn't like an actual waitress who took our order. Iinstead, she made sure we had everything we needed in terms of drinks for the kids, and table condiments when we came down each morning to dine. Her attention to detail, speed of service, and enthusiastic demeanor absolutely made our morning each day we ate at the hotel's restaurant. When your server remembers things like your kids' names, the fact that I like sweet tea WITHOUT ice, and that my wife likes THREE creams in her coffee...it makes a real impression. Erin consistently delivered 5-start service to us, and made us feel like we were her only customers.. although she was busy assisting other guests as well. If you want to have a stay to remember, ask to sit in her section.

I was a little curious about the hotel's pool/hot tub set up at first. The pool area is an open-air space which borders the hotel's dining room; so as long as you're comfortable with a potential audience of restaurant patrons watching you swim - you should fine. My wife and two kids took a swim and after a few minutes, I didn't even notice people at the bar sitting just 15 feet from the kiddie pool.

While we were there, the hotel upgraded it business center - which was open all the time. They put new flat screens for the monitor, which made the experience of searching the internet more visually appealing. However, they require that you e-mail the front desk administrator any documents that you want to print, so that they can print them for you. I'd prefer that their business center go full service and allow guests to print their own docs.

Overall - we loved our stay. I have a theory that when traveling to a city for first time on a leisure trip - if you have a story to tell about the hotel you stayed in, its probably going to be bad...Not the case here. Quite the opposite at the Holiday Inn Nashville Opryland.

Room Tip: Join the hotel's loyalty program...
  • Stayed March 2011, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (106)
Mount Ida, Arkansas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 4, 2011

We read the reviews after we booked the hotel at the last minute through hotwire. We got two rooms that joined. The kids in one and us in the other.
Check in was easy and fast.
The beds were comfy. Great shower.
Just slept and left. Disappointed that the breakfast bar was $12 but just ran to McDonalds.
Probably wouldn't stay there without the hotwire price because of the no breakfast.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled with family
Fort Worth, Texas
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2011

My step-daughter and 2 small kids were escaping in the middle of the night from an abusive man in N. Carolina with only 2 suitcases. We were driving from Dallas to meet them and had made reservations via Hotwire for this hotel. She got there at 3:30 am and because she didn't have the credit card used for this reservation they wouldn't let her in the room. She didn't have a major credit card in her name so they wouldn't let her have a room at all. My wife called the manager, explained the situation and we were an hour away. He still would not budge so she and the kids slept in the lobby till we got there at 4:30 am.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled with family
Chattanooga, TN
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 11, 2011

I missed the entrance to this hotel on my first drive by. It was dark, raining and there is no traffic light at the entrance. It sits on the corner of Elm Hill and Briley Pkwy. but there is no entrance off Briley, only Elm Hill. When the traffic is busy, which is almost all the time in Nashville, you will not be able to turn left out of the parking lot, so be prepared to turn right and back-track. The check in was fast and efficient. I ate dinner in the small restaurant on site. There were few choices, all of which were over-priced. Service was slow, considering they were not busy at all. The waitress could have been more attentive with refilling my water. The room itself was fine, clean, comfortable. My only complaint was the noise level coming in from the hall and the room next door. Other than that, it was a pleasant stay.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled on business
Erlanger, Kentucky
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 19, 2011

This hotel IS not worth your money. The restaurant they have has HORRIBLE service with New York City prices. We showed up for dinner, and we were the only ones there and it was dark, like it was closed. The prices are outrageous and the food was not all that enticing. I was given wrong information on the soup of the day, and ended up with a horrid looking bowl of turkey soup which I had to send back, and was over $5 in price. We showed up for the breakfast because we bought into the free breakfast plan and this time we were the only ones there. We were told staff was "late" to work, so the "chef" had to take our order. A breakfast, which was normal, goes for approximately $12.00, and it was cold and unappetizing. The indoor pool area was drafty and cold. As a priority club member, which really means NOTHING, which is another story, we really felt jipped.

As to being a priority club member, we stayed at a Holiday Inn and became Priority club members in September 2010. We received our actual card in the mail in October, which spoke of the "Sweet Delemma" promotion. When I called the number on the back to ask about the promotion, they told me to sign up for it at their site, and then stay only one more time at a Holiday Inn or affiliating hotel before the end date in 2010, and I would get a free nights stay, and that my September stay already counted as one night. I needed two nights to get the free night. So I went 10 miles out of my way on my trip to stay at this horrid hotel in December to get the free night. When no free night promotion was coming to my email come mid January 2011, I again called the office. I was told that I did not sign up on time and they would not allow me to have the free night! I was given misinformation, and spoke to a manager about it, who only offered a couple of thousand points and an apology instead -- and the points offered for THEIR mistake meant I had to stay another FIVE times at a Holiday Inn now before I qualified for a free night!

I do NOT like being LIED to, and the fact that they can just end a families fun trip, and future trip, means their "priority" is NOT the people, but money, money, money. I will NEVER stay at a Holiday Inn again, nor will anyone I know, and I can tell you I do cat shows multiple times a year and they are losing out. WE are transferring to the Drury Inn and Suites, which is a MUCH better hotel and that has free Hors D'Oeuvres, cocktails, and pop corn for the kids every single NIGHT. I prefer to have a good time while at the hotels, along with my child, then to have terrible night stays to hopefully gain another free terrible night!

GOOD BYE HOLIDAY INN! GET YOUR "PRIORITIES" STRAIGHT, and THAT means MAKING YOUR CUSTOMERS HAPPY, NOT YOUR PURSE!!!

• Stayed December 2010, traveled with family
Indiana
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 6, 2011

Excellent service and very clean. The bed was sooo comfy! I would stay there again. The restaurant was OK, but not great.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled on business
Raleigh, North Carolina
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2011

The hotel was nice! It was decorated nicely and the rooms were up to date. The breakfast buffet was excellent and the staff was friendly.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled on business

Been to Holiday Inn Opryland Airport? Share your experiences!