“Fire the cleaning service” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Extended Stay America - Nashville - Airport - Music City

You added Extended Stay America - Nashville - Airport - Music City to your Saves list
Extended Stay America - Nashville - Airport - Music City
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   727 McGavock Pike, Nashville, TN 37214 (Formerly Homestead Studio Suites)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save up to 10% Today!
Ranked #131 of 151 Hotels in Nashville
Oxford, Pennsylvania
“Fire the cleaning service”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2014

You get what you pay for...

THE GOOD... great location near the airport. Front desk guy Steve was friendly and helpful. Outside of this place is clean and looks decent.

THE BAD... My non smoking room smelled like smoke. Closet shelf was broken. Toilet seat was broken but I fixed it. Mens facial hair all over the tub from previous occupant. My clean and made bed had a penny and crumbs in it. The coffee pot was missing a cup, cream, and sugar. The radio was left on from previous person. The people on one side of me had a little dog that barked like crazy. The people on the other side of me from the hood were up all hours of the night... and were yelling to each other at 6:30am standing right outside my door.

THE RESULT... The price attracts a certain clientele if you get my drift. It also means the cleaning people probably aren't paid well and do a mediocre job at best. They should be fired. I won't be staying here again when I come back.

• Stayed June 2014
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Nashville - Airport - Music City, responded to this review, July 2, 2014
Your review for our hotel was recently brought to my attention. The situation you described regarding the cleanliness of your room is truly regrettable. We are very sorry for your experience. Your comments were reviewed by the staff, and we will take extra care to conduct more thorough inspections in preparation of our guests arrival moving forward. As well, please know, our hotel is enjoyed by both short-term and long-term guests. I apologize if some of them did not meet your expectations.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (30)
Toledo, Ohio
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 31, 2014

Myself and a few friends booked this hotel prior to coming down. When we arrived the place looks great like somewhere you would love to bring your family when visiting Nashville. The grounds appear to be well maintained from the front of the building. However, once you enter and begin to deal with the staff you realize that it really is a facade. Steve the front desk man was pleasant upon arrival and well-mannered but you can tell that he is under a lot of stress since the place seems to be EXTREMELY understaffed and most of the employees don't seem to care and/or respect the property or taking pride in their work. We checked in at about 4pm (Check in is at 3p) and already a line had begun to form and there were long waits for service as Steve had to run around the facility to check whether or not rooms were available since no one from housekeeping checks in to give him an updated list of rooms that they have finished in each area of the hotel. If check out is at 11a and check in is at 3p that leaves 4 hours for housekeeping to disperse and clean the rooms that have been vacated...more than enough time to get things in order. Steve returns from the Tennessee heat dripping with sweat in his dingy white shirt to assign rooms that he believes are clean to guests. I had to ask him about the amenities there are at the facility and he rushed through them quickly while appearing to be annoyed. He answers phones and does the job of 2-3 people while trying to check in guest efficiently. The guy needs more help. A simple fix would be a walkie talkie system between him and the housekeeping staff since this is a very large and spread out facility. It would help to keep him updated about what is occurring on the grounds and where housekeeping is and what rooms they have finished cleaning. Also the lobby you can tell hasn't been thoroughly cleaned in a LONG time. There are dust bunnies hiding in corners, the lighting fixtures are full of dead bugs and the behind the desk area is a mess and full of papers thrown about. The guest manifest is readily viewable by all that enter the lobby area and happen to peer behind the desk. We checked into our FIRST room, 319, which was on the far side of the building hidden from the road to find a disgusting parking lot that had a grill and old charcoals in one of the parking spots, the doors were damaged and had significant wear and tear such as missing paint and lots of dings and dents. We got into the room to find a bath tub that looked like a big, dirty, shaggy dog had been bathed in...it was COVERED in filthy soap scum, the mirrors had face and handprints all over them, the kitchen burners had food baked onto them and the fridge had a sticky residue all over the inside and the floor had not been touched, there were crumbs on the carpet and the tile in the bathroom had not been swept or mopped. I went back to the front desk and Steve assured me that he had already been to the room and looked and it was clean ::eye roll:: We were then given a SECOND room, 365, still on the same far side of the building. We went back to the old room to collect our belongings and a friend had found a housekeeper with an attitude who insisted that she had cleaned the room and that the markings in the tubs were stained. She tried to "clean" out the tub with a towel and some blue watery product. Let me just tell you that as a former housekeeper myself I ran my fingernail along that tub and it was for sure soap scum and secondly you DO NOT clean that with just a towel and some blue windex stuff. That tub needed an in depth scouring. Especially since most of these rooms do have extended guests who do not get full housekeeping services every day there is more than enough time to thoroughly clean these rooms in a matter of 10-15 minutes. The day we checked in there were about 15 guests checking in which is about 4 hours of cleaning to prepare for those 15 rooms which split among the 4 women I saw is about an hours worth of WORK from EACH of them. Unfortunately for your company the employees at this particular location only care about adding hours to their paycheck and not about doing a job well done to ensure that guests do feel comfortable in a clean space and that would mean repeat business for you. Our second room smelled of old Mexican food but I will give a pass on this since I know odors are hard to get rid of. The bathroom appeared to be more clean, same problems with the kitchen area but we didn't plan to utilize it while we were there for the night. The kitchen counter was sticky but I had some clorox wipes in the car that could fix that. The carpet and tile was disgusting and obviously skipped during cleaning but I was for too exhausted to go back a third time to complain. I just took a bath towel and ran it under hot water and slid it along the bathroom floor to get up the random dust bunnies, hair collection and odds and ends. I really hadn't planned to spend my vacation doing that much cleaning I wanted to sit back and relax and enjoy but oh well. We left for Opryland and when we came back the "residents" were back from work. They were all out enjoying themselves and their neighbors with their hotel room doors open, screaming babies, loud tvs and drinking off of the balcony. How lucky for us we were placed smack dab in the middle of neighbors that decided to congregate right in front of our doorway/window for the evening. Not the peaceful evening I had planned for a break between experiencing the sites Nashville has to offer and heading out downtown for the evening. I then realized why so much wear and tear on this side since I assume this is where they try to keep their extended guests who really have made your facility a home. As the sun set we went to turn on lights and found that only one light in the living area, the stove light and the bathroom light actually worked. It's really sad how little effort has been given to this location. I have stayed previously at your franchise and it is why I decided to stay at this one in Nashville but I can assure you I won't be back and I will not be staying again in the future for this experience really solidified for me that quality and consistency is not high on the list of priorities. The girls and I decided to head out for the evening and stay out as late as possible to minimize our time in that depressing hotel room. We probably spent a total of 4 hours there and decided to get on the road early because we couldn't bear to stay a minute longer. Your hotel is in a great location that is quiet and tucked away in a business park, near an airport, near Opryland and minutes from downtown. It is a practical gold mine that with a few minor adjustments and proper management could be a truly great place to stay. Unfortunately I will tell everyone I know to steer clear and find a better place to experience down the road for a comparable price.

Room Tip: Don't stay here. It's basically a trailer park
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled with friends
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Nashville - Airport - Music City, responded to this review, June 11, 2014
Lindsey - I received a copy of your review, and wanted to take a moment to personally respond. We appreciate the kind comments about our hotel's great location and our grounds; however, we apologize for the level of cleanliness throughout our property. Your comments are valuable to us as we make continuous improvements, including working on enhancing our cleaning services and bettering our check-in process to make sure your experience is not repeated.

I am grateful for the feedback you provided. I would be happy to speak with you further. If you would like, please contact me directly, at aallen@extendedstay.com. We do hope you will choose to stay with us again so we can have the opportunity to provide you with a better experience.
Troy, Michigan
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2014

We travelled for a 3-nite stay on 5/22, 23, and 24/2014. Hotel grounds were nice looking, however our 2 rooms were HORRIBLE and DIRTY. Not fit to sleep in at all. Room#1-317, unmade beds, headboard was hanging from wall, No closet door, shelves hanging. Bugs walking on carpet and kitchen floor. Bathroom-dirty, brown goo all over mirror and sink. No linens, No TP. Kitchen-dirty counter and around stove. Phone did not work, and smoke detector on counter-beeping. Room#2-319, unmade beds, dirty skillet &pot on stove, Food/trash in waste cans, Food in refrigerator, bugs on beds - walking across beds. Bugs on carpet - visible. Phoned front desk via cell and he sent us to review 2 other rooms. They were not much cleaner, and right above the main trash receptacle/bin which was overflowing and reaking. Two other folks in our trip (we were here for the Blind Bowling Tournament) stayed in the room directly across from the main office. Room had some bugs on the floor, and there were no linens in the room. Guests had to wipe down the restroom sink/faucet and kitchen before they stayed there. Advised that the room carpet was not swept before they arrived, and the bed covers were wrinkled and appeared to be "sat on". While we were at the front desk trying to get a refund for our money, another guest of the hotel came in, gave his key to the attendant and say he and his wife were LEAVING - they had ants crawling on both beds in their room!! Phoned the reservation line and they were not able to find any other hotel. Phoned the Sheraton Four Points and they found us clean, fresh rooms for $122/nite. What a relief.

DO NOT STAY at this hotel unless you inspect the room before you agree to it. Not clean, and staff was extremely unfriendly regarding the problem. Not willing to help us find another room, and most shocking of all, the staff was not surprised that we found the rooms in this horrible condition. Almost as if they receive these types of complaints frequently.

BAD EXPERIENCE....DIRTY ROOMS. BAD SERVICE and BUGS!!!

Room Tip: DO NOT STAY HERE unless you want a dirty room with bugs. Check out your room before you agree to s...
Bloomington, Indiana
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2014

The exterior was very well groomed and the room was ok, nothing special, but for $80/night who's picky. The bathroom was clean, but the issue was the toilet; it almost ran over with the first flush. A trip to the office and a maintenance person arrived with a plunger and the problem was resolved; or so I thought. The next night about 2AM the toilet did overflow. Luckily the maintenance person left the plunger and I spent 30 minutes plunging the toilet before I got it to work. The towels had to be placed around the commode to absorb, well enough said. Suffice it to say that I will never stay in one of these hotels again. Sometimes saving money is not the most comfortable decision.

Room Tip: The Sheraton down the road!
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled with friends
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Nashville - Airport - Music City, responded to this review, June 2, 2014
I appreciate you taking the time to write a review of your experience with us. The situation you described is unacceptable, and I sincerely apologize for your experience. I discussed your comments with the team, and we are intensifying our efforts to prevent this from occurring in the future. I am grateful for the feedback you provided so we are able to continually improve our hotel. If you have any additional feedback, we would like to hear it. Please contact me, at aallen@extendedstay.com, so we can speak directly. We hope that you will give us the opportunity to provide you with a better stay the next time you're in the area.
Knoxville, Tennessee
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 17, 2014

Don't do it! Drive away quickly! It's awful! This hotel competed with the worst hotels I have had to stay while serving in Peace Corps in an under developed country. Pretty sad place. I am not letting any of my children bathe here...or brush teeth. There are even stains (blood?) on the door. The smell if smoke in a non-smoking room is unbearable.

• Stayed May 2014
Savannah, Georgia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2014

Me and my partner are housekeepers at a vacation rental property so we have a general idea of what clean is. This place was unacceptable. Hair everywhere. Boogers on the walls. Roaches, bees, and wasps all over the place. No mattress pads, which I personally thought was weird. The sheets were clean but everything else was atrocious. We planned to stay two nights but we just couldn't do it. also, there was residue of marijuana on the bed when we walked in. Refrigerator looked like it had never been cleaned. Minimum dishes and silverware.

• Stayed May 2014
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Nashville - Airport - Music City, responded to this review, May 19, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. Please know that we are sincerely sorry that we failed to meet your expectations and provide you a clean, comfortable environment in which to stay. As this hotel’s manager, I can assure you that I have addressed this issue with our staff and have taken corrective measures to ensure your experience is not repeated. Thank you very much for providing us with your feedback. If you would like to discuss this further, please do not hesitate to contact me at aallen@extendedstay.com. We do hope you will choose to stay with us again so we can have the opportunity to provide you with a better experience.
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 14, 2014

There were no wash cloths in the bath room. When I called the front desk I was told they did not have any. I had to find the nearest place to purchase wash cloths so that we could shower. The silver ware in the kitchen was extremely dirty and the refrigerator did not work at all.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
Manager_11525, Manager at Extended Stay America - Nashville - Airport - Music City, responded to this review, April 21, 2014
Angela - Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. I’m sorry to hear about your experience including the maintenance issues and the level of cleanliness in your room. In response to your feedback, I will meet with our entire staff to review our maintenance policies and cleaning procedures to ensure your experience is not repeated. Your feedback is greatly appreciated and it will help us in our efforts to continually improve our hotel. I do hope that you will return to our hotel, or any of our other brand locations across the U.S. and Canada in the future.

Been to Extended Stay America - Nashville - Airport - Music City? Share your experiences!