“A nice new restaurant” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Wild Hare - CLOSED

Wild Hare
316 White Bridge Pike, Nashville, TN 37209-3209 (Haynes Area)
615-818-0219
Neighborhood: Haynes Area
Bug Tussle
“A nice new restaurant”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 7, 2012

The food is good and the beer is cold. The owner is a former teacher and has set up a good restaurant. It is usually packed, but you won't wait long for a table. The parking is adequate. The location on White Bridge Road is convenient ot the interstate. There is a small outside eating area on a deck. I would take my family or my out of town company here.

Visited June 2012

Kingston Springs, Tennessee
“Good neighbor place”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2012

I have had lunch here several times, Tonight was my first supper meal. We started with a fried green tomato appetizer and it was very good. My daughter ordered a salad with bacon and house made blue-cheese dressing. She did not eat all of it,but did not complain. The special tonight was Surf & Turf, a six once filet mignon and a crab cake. The filet was tasty, but a bit overcooked. The crab cake was average. Two large portions of sides made this a filling meal. Service is a bit lax. There must have been a problem with the A/C because it was very warm inside.

• Visited July 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Nashville, Tennessee
“What a surprise”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2012

Out there on Charlotte is the cutest house restaurant with very creative food and a nice server who could talk about it. I'm going back as soon as I can.

Visited July 2012
Nashville, Tennessee
“Hidden bistro gem”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2012

Wild Hare is tucked in a cottage on a four lane road and it would be easy to miss it--but at night it is an inviting neighborhood bistro with an eclectic mix of food that ranges from gourmet pub food (stews, braised veal or lamb shank, fish) to basic pub food--good pizzas, good burgers. The mix of clientele is as eclectic--local musicians, college kids, professional types--all happy to enjoy a well prepared drink (good manhattans and martinis) or good glass of wine along with an enjoyable meal. The ambience is "make your own booths and tables" funky, but it all works and the owner/host is a nice guy. Good value. Worth a visit (or two or three).

Visited March 2012
Bethesda, MD
“What a great place”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2012

My son and daugher-in-law had been here a couple of times and thought it would be fun to take me there. They were so right.

We had a variety of dishes, all excellent. The lobster pizza was good and the salmon tartar great. Devilled eggs were a fun appetitzer and my son like the quinoa tacos.

We had a great server, Abby, who sat down to break the news to us that the dessert we had chosen so carefully was no longer available. She almost took the news harder than I did. We found the flourless chocolate torte a more than adequate substitute.

The whole experience was just wonderful.

Visited May 2012