“Conveniently located” 3 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersBronze level
Burnley, United Kingdom
“Conveniently located”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

I stopped at for 1 night in November 2014 in a twin room.

Summary
Overall a nice hotel with friendly staff, conveniently located close to all what the music city has to offer.

This review is based on my stay in room 327 which is on the third floor.

The rooms amenities include: 2 queen beds furnished with duvets and plenty of pillows, work table, large flat screen TV, telephone, free wifi, radio alarm clock, AC & heating, iron & board, hairdryer, arm chair and foot pouff, coffee maker, microwave & fridge. Bath with overhead shower & toiletries.

Hotel amenities include:-Free hot breakfast, restaurant, free wifi, fitness centre/gym, seasonal outdoor pool & lounge. Free shuttle bus to Downtown (or anywhere within 3 miles of the hotel), self service laundry facilities ($1.50 for both the washer & dryer, but they only take quarters, washing powder is also available to purchase).

Located within easy walking distance to the convention centre, music city centre, Ryman Auditorium, the Country Music Hall Of Fame, restaurants, shops & bars all close by. I walked to and from the hotel several times during the day and night and never felt unsafe. However the hotel does provide a shuttle bus, though everything is so close by it is easier to walk.

My room (327) was pleasant, spacious and reasonably clean. The beds were furnished with a duvet and throw with plenty of pillows. The room had plenty of storage but was lacking in plug sockets.

The bathroom was nicely laid out & decorated.

Room 327 overlooks the main road but was reasonably quiet.

The free breakfast was served by the reception and had lots of seating. The breakfast consisted of fresh make your own pancakes, pastries, breads, porridge, fruit, yoghurts, eggs, burgers, American style (white) gravy, fruit juice, tea & coffee. The food was plentiful and replenished constantly.

Overall I would happily stop at this hotel again.

• Stayed November 2014, traveled with friends
emilie l, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express Nashville Downtown, responded to this review, yesterday
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. I am happy to read that you enjoyed your stay with us. We truly do appreciate the thorough review of our hotel and so much of what we have to offer. From what I read of the review I see that the only concern you had was the limited amount of outlets. I will be sure to speak with our engineering department about this on how we can help with this matter for future guests. If you wouldn't mind reaching out to me directly I would like to know why this was a 3 rating instead of a 4 or 5 based on your experience with us.

Thank you again for the detailed review and I look forward to hearing from you.

elonergan@jrk.com

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (47)
Massapequa Park, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

My wife just stayed here for a long weekend as I ran the Country Music Half Marathon and she ran the 5K.

The hotel was great bargain. The location is great. It is right on Broadway just blocks from downtown "strip" of honkytonks, restaurants, bars and the Bridgestone Arena..

The hotel offers a shuttle to and from the downtown attractions. we didn't use it as most places are within walking distance.

The room was clean and comfortable. The staff was very accommodating.

Breakfast is free therefore I would never complain about it. It was both hot and cold.

Free wifi is included and works throughout the hotel.

Taxi fare from the airport to the hotel is $25 flat fee.

Will definitely stay here again.

• Stayed April 2015, traveled as a couple
emilie l, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express Nashville Downtown, responded to this review, 6 days ago
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for such a wonderful review of our hotel. I am happy to read that you and your wife enjoyed your stay with us while in town for the Music City Marathon. It was so great to see so many people all running for such a great cause.

Again, thank you for the review and we look forward to hosting you again the next time you are in the Nashville area.

FORT MYERS
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

I recently stayed here with a group of 12 young ladies for a Bachelorette party. We had 3 rooms for 3 nights at $458./night APRIL 16-19th. I did not make the reservations but understand that "downtown Nashville" had been booked for quite some time and lower pricing was NOT to be found for these dates. The rates worked out to be $115/night/per guest. Not unreasonable you say for the downtown convenience. The hotel is 3-4 blocks away from the "party scene" and convention center- convenient walking. Underground Parking is also quite convenient and reasonable at $24/night/vehicle. The front desk and breakfast attendants VERY hospitable. We quickly found out that we were "sharing" the town with 8,000 occupational therapists and 3,000 participants with Lego. Our cabbie said that 10,000 NRA people had been in town the week before. My point here is that I believe due to the "onslaught" of conventioneers, average but adequate hotels can charge $458/ night. We see in the horizon a huge new convention center under construction as well as high rise buildings.(hotels?) Will the day come that the average tourist can't "get into" OR be able to afford the popular downtown area?!? Is that really what Nashville is moving towards? We LOVE this town, but shoulder to shoulder crowds and exorbitant pricing may drive many away. I'm afraid "Nash-Vegas" is already tainted by the business traveler/ conventioneer. Too bad.

• Stayed April 2015, traveled with friends
emilie l, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express Nashville Downtown, responded to this review, 5 days ago
Dear Sharyn M,

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. I know you had many choices for lodging and we are glad you choice our property. I am happy to read that our staff was hospitable and you enjoyed our complimentary breakfast. With our breakfast, shuttle and Wi-Fi being just a few of our complimentary services we are one of more reasonable price hotels located in the Downtown Nashville area.

Again, thank you for the review and we hope to see you again the next time you are in town.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago via mobile

Booked 4 rooms for our running group @Nashville Marathon, we were all SO impressed with our stay!! Staff was so friendly and helpful, they put out special/early breakfast for runners, rooms clean and nice, location was perfect, parking fantastic! Will definitely be back!

Stayed April 2015, traveled with friends
emilie l, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express Nashville Downtown, responded to this review, 1 week ago
Dear Dawn,

Wow what a wonderful 5 star rating. I am excited to read that your entire group enjoyed everything about your stay from the service to the parking. It was so amazing to see thousands of people here running for such a wonderful cause.

Thank you again for the wonderful review and we look forward to seeing you next year at the Music City Marathon.

Reston, Virginia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

The hotel has a great location. Rooms are spacious, however housekeeping is sporadic, ice machine not working, terrible parking garage, especially for $24 per night. Staff is very nice and there is a full breakfast included. This is the biggest HIExpress in the US and very busy. It's expensive. Prepare to pay as much as NYC prices to be in the desirable downtown.

Room Tip: Try not to be next to a loud and drunken wedding party.
  • Stayed April 2015, traveled with friends
Dear Dorene O,

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. I am happy to read that we were the ideal location for your lodging needs while in Nashville. Also, that you enjoyed our breakfast and the team's service. I am sorry to read that there were some housekeeping issues and the ice machine on your floor was inactive. I will let my maintenance team know so they can fix this matter. Our rates and fees do reflect our location and we do offer one of the more cost effective parking areas.

Again, thank you for the review and we hope to see you again in the future.

Louisville, Kentucky
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

Stayed here for a business meeting. Comfy and clean, room was very nice. Internet (free) worked well. Parking is basement for small cars so under cover. Breakfast is included, was OK - not a lot of choices but price is right. Overall will stay here again but a bit pricey. Glad I get reimbursed for my stay!

Room Tip: Booked online, if you arrive early and the hotel is not full you might get an upgrade.
  • Stayed April 2015, traveled on business
Dear Terry S,

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. I am happy to read you enjoyed your stay with us while traveling to Nashville on business. I hope you were able to have some down time to enjoy much of what this wonderful city has to offer.

Again, thank you for the review and we look forward to seeing you the next time you are in the area.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago via mobile

I came to Nashville for vacation. This hotel had very accommodating front desk people who were friendly and knowledgable about the area. They even arranged free shuttle service by texting. I would highly recommend this hotel.

Stayed April 2015, traveled with friends
Dear Katie K,

Thank you for the wonderful 5 star review. I am happy to read that you and your group enjoyed their time here with us. The texting program is a wonderful feature to help us better communicate and provide even better service to all of our guests. I am excited to pass along your kind words of the front office team at our next meeting.

Thank you again for the review and we look forward to seeing you again the next time you are in Nashville.

Front Office Manager

Been to Holiday Inn Express Nashville Downtown? Share your experiences!