“Not bad” 4 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersBronze level
Bath, United Kingdom
“Not bad”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

As you can see by the score, this was a good holiday inn, but I did have a recently refurbished room on the second floor. I needed to complain a couple of times, small things, but the response was excellent. The customer service shown was impressive, and you can only tell when you have a problem, so top marks for this. It is a classical Holiday Inn and the breakfast is as you would expect, fairly basic, but okay. Location is great as it is a 5min walk to downtown. Overall good experience on first trip to Nashville. (It also made me feel at home as it rained everyday, just like England :) )

Room Tip: I was on the second floor in a new room facing the side road. On each of the 3 days a truck delivers...
  • Stayed April 2015, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (45)
Knoxville, Tennessee
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 5 days ago NEW

Stayed in this hotel 4/10/2015-4/11/2015. Lobby is nice. Breakfast is hot and ample.
The rooms were disgraceful. The carpet in our rooms was moldy and had not been cleaned in a long time, if ever. The hallways were dingy and poorly lit. My bathroom was sketchy; the dirt on the floor had been pushed up under the sink. The floor had been poorly mopped. The tub was dingy. But worst of all, I was charged $500/night for the pigsty. I will never stay in this place again. The parking is also a joke. The spaces fit clown cars but no decent vehicle.

• Stayed April 2015, traveled on business
emilie l, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express Nashville Downtown, responded to this review, 3 days ago
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. I am sorry to hear that there were housekeeping issues that you encounter while losing with us earlier this month. If you could please reach out to me directly to be able to discuss this matter further that would be greatly appreciate. My email is elonergan@jrk.com.

Again, thank you for the review and I look forward to hearing from you.

Gaithersburg, Maryland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 6 days ago NEW

As a property for the more budget conscious, I didn't have very high expectations for this hotel, but was pleasantly surprised at everything it had to offer. I'm a platinum member by virtue of holding a branded credit card and that entitle me to a suite upgrade when available and it was in this case. There was a slight hiccup as it took the hotel more than 2 hours to clean and prep the room, but the front desk added 5,000 points to my account without me having to ask and I thought that was a very nice gesture.

The suite was roomy and comfortable though my only caveats are that my room did get a fair amount of traffic noise which might be hard to a light sleeper and the a/c unit in the bedroom is located such that the air blows right over the bed. The best solution for me was to turn it off at night.

A free breakfast is served every day and it was far better than I expected. Features besides the standard cereal and yogurt offerings include a pancake making machine- fair, cinnamon rolls- yummy, scrambled eggs, turkey sausage and biscuits and gravy. there was even chocolate milk available which is great for kids and rarely seen at other hotels that I've stayed at

Even though the hotel is just a few blocks from the downtown hotspots and the Music City Center, The Bridgestone Center, and Country Music Hall of Fame, they offer and on-demand shuttle for most of the day that will drop you off at or near these locations.

One of the more unique features is a texting service that the hotel promotes as a way to connect and get questions answered. I gave it a try and it worked great.

Also there is a light reception on Friday and Saturday evenings in the lobby though I would get there early as the food runs out quickly if the hotel is booked.

Overall it was one of my better hotel experiences and easily my top choice the next time I visit Nashville.

Room Tip: One that isn't directly facing Broadway if you're sensitive to street noise.
  • Stayed April 2015, traveled on business
emilie l, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express Nashville Downtown, responded to this review, 5 days ago
Dear Travel4less,

First, I would like to thank you for being a loyal IHG Platinum Member. We are beyond happy to read what a wonderful stay you had with us. WE do our best to make sure that if a guest does have an issue we do try to resolve it when notified. I am glad we were able to take care of any issues with your stay. I will be passing along your review with our entire team about the kind words you had of our staff and property.

Again, thank you for the review and your loyalty; we look forward to seeing you in the future.

Benfleet, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 6 days ago NEW

We stayed at this hotel for four nights whilst visiting Nashville for the first time. The hotel had been recommended to us for both its location - close to all of the bars and restaurants - and for its outdoor pool. The first point was spot on. It was close enough to all of the action but far enough away to be quiet during the night. However, the pool, which was a decider for us on the hotel, was closed until May (I think) despite the fact that it was quite warm. The hotel itself was clean with nice rooms but the breakfast was awful - plastic knives and forks and paper plates with very little choice. I will stay in Holiday Inn hotels in the future but will think again about Holiday inn Express.

• Stayed March 2015, traveled as a couple
Dear 2755Julie,

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. We truly appreciate the feedback we receive on how we can better accommodate for guests and their needs. I am happy to read we were the ideal location for your needs while in Nashville. For the safety of our guests we do need to follow proper procedures for the pool opening; with that being said this is why you are correct with the fact our pool well not be opening until May.

Again, thank you for the review and the feedback.

jonesboro
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago NEW

Stayed here for a few days for an event happening in town. The staff were very friendly, lobby and common areas were clean and updated. Halls were a little outdated and dirty but nothing too bad. Room was right on Broadway and you may want to avoid this or ask for a room away from Broadway because it can be very loud with traffic and emergency vehicles. Bed was comfortable and I had no issue with air-conditioning. Everything worked great.

Room Tip: Ask for a room away from Broadway Street. It will be quieter.
  • Stayed April 2015, traveled with family
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. We know you had many lodging choices while in Nashville and we are glad you chose our facilities. We are in an ideal location just blocks away from the Nashville Entertainment District.

Again, thank you for the review. We hope to see you again in the future.

Torrance, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

We found the hotel to be nice and clean. Breakfast was aversge with a good variety of foods. Refrigerator in room was nice. A nice walk to Honky Tonk Row. We used the free shuttle service many times with no problems. Jacks BBQ on Broadway has delicious ribs and is worth the wait.

• Stayed April 2015, traveled with family
Kailua-Kona, Hawaii
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

A very nice place to stay within walking distance to everything downtown. Breakfast was nicer than the usual hotel breakfast. The staff was friendly and helpful. We were staying multiple days and our room was generally not serviced until late afternoon, which was challenging as that conflicted with nap time. :-) There is a shuttle that will take you up and down the hill, but we enjoyed the walk. The king room was very clean and spacious with the best hotel water pressure we have had in years. When we return to Nashville we will stay here again.

Room Tip: We were on the second floor and while it didn't have a view of anything it was easy to walk up a...
  • Stayed April 2015, traveled as a couple
emilie l, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express Nashville Downtown, responded to this review, 1 week ago
Dear Julie and Don,

What a wonderful review. I am so happy to hear that we exceeded your expectations on so many levels. I will be sure to let the front desk team know of your kind words. Thank you for letting us know about the housekeeping; we will try to work on something to resolve this.

Again, thank you for the review and we look forward to serving you again.

Front Office Manager

Been to Holiday Inn Express Nashville Downtown? Share your experiences!