“Weekend Getaway” 4 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersBronze level
New York
“Weekend Getaway”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

Traveled to Nashville in January 2014 and stayed in the Holiday Inn express on a recommendation. It was a great hotel for a weekend getaway with friends. It was inexpensive, clean and walking distance to many bars/restaurants.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with friends
emilie l, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Nashville Downtown, responded to this review, 1 week ago
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. I am pleased to read that you enjoyed your stay with us. We strive to make each guest stay a positive memorable experience. We also love to read that we were recommended. We are happy all parties were happy with their stay.

Thank you again for the wonderful review and we look forward to seeing you the next time you are in town.

Assistance Front Office Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (37)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago via mobile

Everything was great from the moment I checked in for my 2 night stay. Room was clean and the evening desk agents were great. I didn't have a car, but everything I needed was within walking distance. Would stay again if in the area.

• Stayed January 2015
Wow thank you very much for the wonderful 5 star review. I am pleased to read that our staff was accommodating for you and how much you enjoyed everything.

Thank you again for taking the time to review our hotel. We look forward to seeing you the next time you are in Nashville.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

Great hotel! We were there for two nights and it was super convenient being right up the street from all of the pubs we wanted to go to. It was clean, updated and a great room. Staff was friendly and helpful. It was on the pricier side, but you pay for the convenience of where you stay :)

Stayed January 2015, traveled with friends
Thank you for the 5 star review. I am pleased to read what a wonderful stay you had with us. This is an ideal location between the downtown night life and attractions towards the west end.

Thank you again for the great review and we look forward to seeing you again on your next trip to Nashville.

Telford, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

My husband and I have stayed here twice and can't fault it. the location is superb especially for Country Music Awards events. The rooms were clean and comfortable & the staff were brilliant. The second time we stayed we were making our own arrangements for getting around and the staff were very helpful and gave us lots of advice. We wouldn't hesitate to book here again - it was wonderful.

• Stayed September 2014, traveled as a couple
emilie l, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Nashville Downtown, responded to this review, 2 weeks ago
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. We are pleased to hear that you and your husband enjoyed your trip. As a team we strive to make sure each guest has a positive memorable experience and I am glad to hear that we reached that goal with you.

Thank you again and we look forward to seeing you the next time you are in Nashville.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

I stayed at Holiday Inn downtown Nashville for the CMA festival 2014 and it impressed! :)

I highly recommend this hotel for its location, you couldn't get any closer to all the events that were happening in the downtown area. You literally walk out the door and your just a few minutes walk from broadway and all the bars, fantastic location! the Ryman is just round the corner from it as well which is a must if you are visiting! the hotel was very clean and lovely decor! the rooms were huge! we got two very comfy double beds which was brilliant, great nights sleep with no noise at all! always clean fresh towels and cleaned every day. the desk staff couldnt of been nicer and helped with any queries or giving us directions or calling a cab! I don't particularly like paying out a fortune for a hotel for all the time you spend in it and Holiday Inn never fails! the breakfast was lovely and always plentiful, beans, sausage, eggs, cereal, all types of bread, several types of juices, fruits, yogurts, coffees. I absolutely loved my stay at Downtown Holiday Inn express, if you are looking for a central hotel in Nashville this is the one to book I will most definitely be returning!

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends
Thank you so much for the wonderful 5 star review. I am very pleased to hear what a wonderful stay you had with us. We are a very convenient location to some of the wonderful attractions Nashville has to offer. I will be sure to pass along your kind words of our staff.

Thank you again for the great review and we look forward to seeing you the next time you are in Nashville.

New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

My mother was suffering from a herniated disk at the time of our trip, and she woke without pain, after a long drive from Atlanta, GA. She couldn't believe her luck, and is investigating how to purchase a mattress for herself.
Besides this, the staff was cordial and helpful at every point, and the breakfast buffet was great. Try and catch a pancake.
It is right across the street from the Frist Museum, surrounded by music history. I heartily recommend it.

• Stayed November 2014, traveled with family
Thank you for the wonderful 5 star review. I am so glad to hear that your mother was very comfortable in our rooms. I will do some research to try to find out where guests can purchase the mattresses for you. Also, I will be sure to pass along your kind words of our staff.

Thank you again for the wonderful review.

Assistant front Office Manager
2 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Checked in Friday 1/2/15. There were two women working at the front desk who were moderately friendly. While I was standing there, a gentleman from a local restaurant came in, greeted them and handed them a stack of menus for guests. They took the menus, thanked him and as soon as he walked out, threw all of the menus in the trash and laughed it off saying they couldn't accept them. I thought it was absurdly rude and unprofessional. To do so while a guest was also present was just classless, in my opinion.

That was really the extent of my exposure to the staff. The rooms themselves as well as the hotel is old. You can tell they have tried to do some updating but it honestly just comes down to adding flat screen tvs in the rooms. The bathrooms are decent but don't look around too much; I started seeing dirt in the shower head, the shower curtain was a bit dirty and as I exited the shower, my husband and I saw a crusty, used wash rag that neither of us had used. Apparently housekeeping forgot this little jewel during cleaning.

I picked this place because I figured we could spend a little less on the hotel and use the extra money for everything else we wanted to do. But honestly, I wish we had just gone with Loews or Hyatt Place. I don't recommend this place and I wouldn't stay here again.

• Stayed January 2015
emilie l, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Nashville Downtown, responded to this review, 3 weeks ago
Thank you for your valuable time in posting a review of your experience with us at the Holiday Inn Express Nashville Downtown.

I must say I was taken back by your comments. While we make mistakes, sure, issues in your review are certainly not congruent with the vast majority of reviews that we receive. With that said, I am terribly sorry for the myriad of issues that you experienced. Can you please reach out to me at elonergan@jrk.com and I will be happy to speak to you and address each concern individually. I would very much like to get the bottom of this, and use your feedback as a training resource.

Assistant Front Office Manager

Been to Holiday Inn Express Nashville Downtown? Share your experiences!