“Fine stay” 4 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersBronze level
New Castle, Delaware
“Fine stay”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 days ago NEW

As the odd man out from a conference group that stayed at the Omni, I perhaps entered the hotel with a bit of disappointment. It is, however, an operation that is nothing if not reliable. The front desk was friendly. The room was clean, if nothing fancy. The location is pretty good. There aren't any restaurants other than a McDonalds (and perhaps the hotel restaurant across the street at Union Station) in the immediate vicinity but it's only a 5-10 minute walk down Broadway to the neon lights of the entertainment district. The hotel has a well stocked gift/snack shop across from the front desk.

The hotel is generally quiet but there is some road noise from Broadway even late at night. It was not enough that I had difficulty sleeping. There is free Wi-Fi and USA Today newspapers. I found the complimentary breakfast above average in comparison with other recent chain hotel experiences; there was a greater variety of items than a previous Holiday Inn Express breakfast earlier this year in North Charleston.

• Stayed November 2014, traveled solo
emilie l, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Nashville Downtown, responded to this review, 3 days ago
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. I am very pleased to hear that we exceeded your expectations. I am glad to see you were able to utilize many of our amenities. The next time you stay with us we will be more than happy to recommend some other restaurants that are close to our property as well.

We look forward to seeing you on your next trip to Nashville.

Assistant Front Office Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (34)
Fairbanks, Alaska
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

I stayed at this hotel during a conference at the Music Center. The hotel is a relatively short walk to the Music Center, Convention Center or Bridgestone Center. It is a five block walk to all of the Honky Tonks on Broadway and just a little further to the District. The hotel does provide a FREE shuttle anywhere within 2 miles of the hotel. I walked everywhere, but many others said the shuttle was very convenient. Very nice breakfast provided every morning with free USA Today newspapers. ATM, small convenience store, and visitor kiosk on site. Nicely appointed room that was quiet and well kept..Staff is second to none. Even when the Manager was out in the main areas, you could see the employees welcomed his presence, and he took time to chat with his employees about their jobs and personal life. Yes, I eavedropped a little bit. If you are from the hotel and reading this, you got caught doing things RIGHT!!

• Stayed November 2014, traveled on business
emilie l, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Nashville Downtown, responded to this review, 4 days ago
What a fantastic review. Thank you so much for the wonderful words about our facility. We do have a great staff here and that is where it all starts. Our location is ideal for easy walking to the many main attraction in downtown Nashville. I am glad you were able to take advantage of our hotel amenities. We strive to make each guests stay a positive memorable one and I am pleased we were able to do so with yourself.

Thank you again for the wonderful review. We look forward to seeing you again the next time you are in Nashville.

3 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

I was really disappointed in my stay at this hotel. The room was very rundown and outdated. There were water stains on the ceiling and a massive rip in one of the comforters. I had to call twice to get a new one. No one cleaned our room on the second day, despite us being out of the room for the majority of the day. We paid $350.00 per night, so I expected better quality. The only redeeming quality about this hotel was its close proximity to downtown.

• Stayed November 2014, traveled as a couple
emilie l, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Nashville Downtown, responded to this review, 1 week ago
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel.

I am disappointed to hear that your stay was not very pleasant due to some cleanliness issues. I will be sure to bring these matters to our housekeeping department to make sure this issue is resolved.

We truly appreciate all feedback that our guests are willing to give us. We want to make sure we are reaching all standards for each guest to have a wonderful experience with us.

Springfield, Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

My wife and I traveled to Nashville for a business conference and stayed here. The property is close to the downtown area and within walking distance of most of the attractions downtown. The hotel was very pleasing. The staff was very nice and so willing to help with any extra request we had. The morning breakfast options were very good for an "included meal" with your stay, if you are a breakfast person. It was also nice to have a microwave/refig. option in the room, when you are not from the area and don't know locations of food options and convenience stores. They also offer a shuttle service within a few miles of the hotel - free of charge to guests. Thank you Holiday Inn Express Downtown Nashville.

Room Tip: Book early, as they might fill quickly for large events within the area.
  • Stayed November 2014, traveled on business
Thank you for the wonderful review about our property. I am glad to hear that you and your wife enjoyed your time spent with us. The shuttle is definitely a great option while here in the downtown area. Having the microwave and fridge in all of our rooms is a good convience for all of our guests.

Thank you again for taking the time to review our hotel. We look forward to having both of you back in the near future.

Houston, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

A little expensive, but when looking at other comparable hotels in the area of the.Bridgestone Arena and Broadway (the center of Music City), not so bad. The hotel is wonderfully located and although they had a shuttle available for all guests going to and from that 15 block area, we walked to most places, from the Bridgestone to the famous Printers Alley, Legends and of course Tootsies. (If you need to ask, then add these to your must visit list for your visit.). This HOLIDAY INN EXPRESS (H.I.E.) is not your everyday H.I.E. Located on Broadway, easy in and out, covered parking garage (with a parking fee), a large continental breakfast is included; free USA Today, afternoon cookies and Tennessee lemon aid are a nice touch. It sports the largest (small hotel) nicely apportioned lobby I have seen, nicely designed with a large (on the side) Business Center and all wonderfully laid out. The front desk and concierge desk were always smiling and so very friendly and helpful. Our room was a non-smoking King, large and comfortable. However, once into the interior of the Hotel (the room floors), show a lot of age, wear and tear. The elevators are drab, the hallways are worn and look unclean, which I am sure is not the case - just very worn and in dire need of an upgrade. The rooms were much better and the beds and multiple pillows were newish. Our stay was comfortable and worth the price, comparatively.

Room Tip: Upper floors with room on the opposite side of the Broadway side of the hotel. No ark in he garage...
Green Features: Kind-of ... but not so much. The topical towels on the floor or on the rack.
  • Stayed November 2014, traveled as a couple
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. I am pleased to hear that your first time with us was on overall good experience. We are still currently working on renovating the rest of our floors. Hopefully the next time you are in Nashville you will stay with us in one of our newly remolded rooms.

Thank you again for the wonderful review and tha tyou had such a great time.

Asisstant Front Office Manager
Detroit, Michigan
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

I stayed there here two nights for a conference. It was a nice experience. Everything was clean, nice room amenities, lemonade and tea in the lobby, nice breakfast spread in the morning and centrally located for an easy walk to the downtown sites. Also great was that they offered a shuttle within 2 miles of the hotel until 10 at night, and upon check in, gave a number to text to if we needed anything. I texted them about their breakfast and received a true response (not just an automaticly-generated one) within five minutes. I was very impressed.

Additionally, my group arrived around 11 a.m. and they allowed us to check in to our rooms early, which was really appreciated. I wish more hotels would go the extra mile like they did for us!

• Stayed September 2014, traveled on business
Thank you for the amazing 4 star review. I love to hear that our staff was accommodating. We strive each day to make sure each guest has a positive experience with us.

I am glad you had a wonderful stay with us while attending your conference. Hopefully you were able to explore a bit while here for the few days.

Thank you again for such a great review. We hope to see you back again in the future.

Marietta, Georgia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Located on Broadway this hotel is walking distance from all there is to see and do. They have a shuttle for anyone who needs it. We stayed overnight after catching a hockey game. The room was clean the staff was super-friendly and we had absolutely no complaints.

• Stayed October 2014, traveled as a couple
HIENASHVILLEDT, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Nashville Downtown, responded to this review, 2 weeks ago
My team and I appreciate the time out of your day to provide a review of your experience at the award winning Holiday Inn Express Nashville Downtown.

Thank you for mentioning our ideal downtown location. Our hotel is on the corner of 10th Avenue & Broadway; making our location within a stone’s throw away from all of downtown Nashville’s attractions. I will make certain to relay your kind words to my team. While we value your time/business, we are most grateful that you gave us an opportunity to be our guest; and for allowing me the chance to respond to your review.

We welcome you back anytime!

Dan Deaver

Been to Holiday Inn Express Nashville Downtown? Share your experiences!