“Prime location has a price” 4 of 5 stars

Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #54 of 150 Hotels in Nashville
GreenLeadersBronze level
Keswick, Canada
“Prime location has a price”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2014

Taxes,taxes,taxes.
I am a Holiday Inn lover. Holiday Inn never disappoint.
Staff was friendly and helpful. Could use some updating. Pool times need to be earlier.
Breakfast was good.
Great location.
Why don't the have a concierge?

Good stay.

• Stayed August 2014
HIENASHVILLEDT, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Nashville Downtown, responded to this review, August 21, 2014
Hello and thank you for your 4 star review of your experience with us at the award winning Holiday Inn Express Nashville Downtown.

On behalf of my team, I would like to take this opportunity to thank you for your continued loyalty towards the Holiday Inn brand and InterContinental Hotels Group. I will make certain to pass along your comments to my team for generating that 4 star experience with respect to our friendly/helpful staff, breakfast, and hotel location. With respect to concierge, all of us a Certified Tourism Ambassadors (CTA), thus making us all concierge team members. Have a question or need assistance with show tickets, simply ask!

Next time you are traveling to Nashville I trust we will have another opportunity for you to be our guest again.

Front Office Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (91)
Cumming, Georgia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2014

We stayed here for one night while on a Bachelorette weekend for a friend (who knew that Nashville was THE place for bachelorette weekends...). The hotel is located within minutes of all the restaurants and attractions. There is also a shuttle service available but when we inquired about it was going to be over 30 minutes before it got back to the hotel (and did not run on Sunday). However taxis are very reasonable and most things are location within a 10 minute drive. There was a extensive continental breakfast in the morning and it was very good. Parking was extra and seemed expensive (especially given the cost of the room) but was clearly stated when we booked so was not a surprise. Our rooms were clean and perfect for what we needed with plenty of fluffy pillow and a very comfortable mattress. The lobby is very nice but the hallways and elevators seemed a little tired (and the hallways were very humid and warm). On the down side there is no bar or restaurant in this hotel and the pool is small and was very crowded. We did get there a little early and had to wait until about an hour after the posted check-in time and even with reservations we could not get rooms that were next to each other.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled with friends
HIENASHVILLEDT, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Nashville Downtown, responded to this review, August 20, 2014
Thank you for your time in posting a review of your bachelorette party experience at the award winning Holiday Inn Express Nashville Downtown on TripAdvisor.

Yes, Nashville is the #1 destination for bachelorette parties in the country. Our particular hotel property is situated on the corner of 10th Ave and Broadway; an ideal location that is only a few minute walk to the Broadway attractions, bars, restaurants, and just about anything in downtown Nashville’s vibrant entertainment district. Your recommendation towards our hotel, especially on TripAdvisor with your 4 star review, is motivation for us to continue to deliver the absolute best for our guests who travel to our Music City for a true Nashville Experience.

We certainly hope to be of service to you again in the very near future. Cheers!

North Royalton, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2014

I stayed for a weekend and had a wonderful time. The staff was extremely friendly and helpful. The room was beautiful and clean. My TV remote didn't work, and someone came up-literally in 5 minutes-to put in new batteries. The hotel cannot be more perfectly located. We shopped and bar-hopped down Broadway and it is easily walkable. The breakfast was superb: eggs (which I don't eat anyway but looked watery-the only bad thing I saw), biscuits & gravy, muffins and bagels, yogurt, juice, pancakes - you name it. Plus lots of good coffee, which was essential. The beds and pillows were fluffy and comfortable. Do be at breakfast well before 10, because they do start shutting down promptly. But there are cookies and refreshing fruited water in the afternoon which was a nice surprise. The shower water pressure was good. I understand parking was an extra fee, which I have an issue with, considering how much the room cost, but since it was downtown I am sure that is par for the course. I did not have time for the pool. I saw that it was quite crowded-bring your own beach towel! Otherwise-enjoy....this place was very nice.

Room Tip: The elevators are busy so if you can walk stairs, choose a lower room. Otherwise, have a little pat...
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled with friends
HIENASHVILLEDT, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Nashville Downtown, responded to this review, August 19, 2014
Thank you for your kind remarks about our hotel, staff, cleanliness, and convenient downtown location.

I am very pleased to read that you thoroughly enjoyed your stay and would recommend our hotel to others. Our team makes every effort possible to deliver upon the high standards that we set for ourselves, while also remaining welcoming and personable to our guests. For all of this and more we sincerely thank you.

Along with my team, we look forward in welcoming you back in the near future to the award winning Holiday Inn Express Nashville Downtown for another great experience.

Hartlepool, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2014

Everything about our stay in this hotel was amazing and wonderful. We stayed in a guest room but the quality was first class. Two beds, big room, clean, bright, fantastic air conditioning, fantastic tea and coffee maker and that makes a huge difference to your stay as a coffee or tea when you come back to the room is so what you want while relaxing watching the tv before you get ready to go out and about again. The bathroom was a joy, bath and shower and I do love to relax in a bath. It was my birthday while we were there and I put all my cards up in our room, on our return to the room our maid had left me a birthday message, how wonderful that was. The breakfast was fabulous and you eat as much or as little as you want. You can also have a tea, coffee at any time during the day and night as well. The hotel had a swimming pool and although we did not use it we could see the pool from our room and it was great to see people enjoying the pool at the end of a very hot day. The staff were all first class, from the welcome to the good bye and every day in between. They helped arrange taxis, the courtesy bus and any other enquiry we had. They smiled, laughed and wished me happy birthday on my special day. We loved the gift shop attached to the hotel that was run by a lovely family and we used it every night for a snack to take back to the room, and gifts to take home, special thanks to the shop and family. NASHVILLE was amazing, from Vince Gill to all the bars and fantastic music. It was the holiday dream come true and we cannot wait to go back. The shopping malls in and around Nashville are amazing and all the people we met in shops, bars were great. A wonderful hotel in every way, a wonderful holiday in every way. Thank you Nashville.

Room Tip: Our room was a normal standard guest room, but it was fantastic in every way.
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
HIENASHVILLEDT, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Nashville Downtown, responded to this review, August 16, 2014
Happy Belated Birthday from the award winning Holiday Inn Express Nashville Downtown!

My team and I would like to sincerely thank you for you time, business, and very detailed review of your experience. It is absolutely wonderful for my team to read your review; as our main goal is to provide every guest with superior guest service and accommodations like you described. Our hospitality team has a genuine care of the work they do. From a warm welcoming arrival, to a superior clean guestroom, to a hearty breakfast, to a sincere thank you upon departure. I am fortunate everyday to work with such talented individuals, as well as amazing guests like yourself. Thank you again for continuing to motive us more.

We certainly look forward to welcoming you back to the Holiday Inn Express Nashville Downtown in the very near future for another great stay!

Raymore, Missouri, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2014

The lobby was nice and the people friendly during check-in. Got on a hot elevator that led out into a filthy hallway. Nothing like standing at one end of the hall and seeing all the spots and filth you are heading into. Opened the door to the room and it actually smelled nice. I thought, "Ok, this might not be so bad." Started unpacking and pulled the nightstand out to find an outlet, I did, but it wasn't even attached to the wall. Looking around I found mold in the bathroom, holes in the drapes, stains on the carpet, thick dust on the headboard and dirt covering a vent in the bathroom. All I can say is STAY AWAY from this one.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled on business
On behalf of my team at the award winning Holiday Inn Express Nashville Downtown I would like to sincerely thank you for your time, business, and constructive review of your experience with us.

After reading your review, it is indeed regrettable that you were left to feel disappointed in your stay. I am terribly sorry that we apparently did not meet or exceed your expectations. In researching this issue, I do not see any record of this guests concerns in our daily reports. While this is no excuse for this, if you are ever unhappy about your stay please ask for a manager. We have a Manager on Duty 24/7 to assist with any guest needs no matter how trivial. I will make certain to pass along your feedback to the respective department heads so they can take immediate corrective action with the staff. With that said, and I would like to reiterate to the TripAdvisor community that if you are ever unhappy about your experience please let a manager know. Unforeseen oversights and mishaps, while unfortunate, sometimes occur, but it is our job to correct the issue and make a great recovery.

Please let us know if we can assist you further.

Paris
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2014

The hotel was as everybody says, well located, a bit expensive, well appointed etc. BUT at 3 am an alarm went off. Andcontinued... Nobody came to tell us what to do and we were on the 5th floor. We, with others, got dressed and tried to go downthe stairs onour wing, but the door wouldn't open. We went to the other side of the hotel and met other panicked clients wondering what was going on. We all went into the street, still nobody from the hotel to tell us what to do, and then two large fire engines turned up. We stayed in the street for about 30 minutes (for once it wasn't raining), and then the firmen said we could go back which we duly did. Still nobody from the hotel, no captain in the ship.! We all went back to bed, to be woken an hour later by the same alarm. At this point we were pretty sure that there was a fault, but however, redressed and re went downstairs. The alarm stopped. STILL nobody from the hotel to tell us what to do. So we wearily went back to bed and hoped for the best. Next morning, when we asked, we were told it was a 'prank'. I know these things can happen, but would honestly have expected some sort of apology, written or otherwise, or even a token for a free night sometime. But nothing???? Great shame, especially for the prices charged where one would expect at least a night watchman. I dread to think what may have happened if it had really been a fire.....sorry Holiday Inn, you can do better!!!!

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Thank you for taking the time out of your day in providing us a review of your experience at the Holiday Inn Express Nashville Downtown. We appreciate all feedback as an opportunity to continually improve our product/service, and we readily welcome both positive and constructive feedback alike.

I am terribly sorry about the mishap with our fire alarm. Unfortunately, we can’t always anticipate when our fire alarm will go off; but we are fortunate to know that it was a false alarm and not a real emergency. With that said, I can certainly appreciate what an inconvenience this was with your stay.

Once again, thank you for your time, business and for your candid review of your experience with us.

Warren, Rhode Island
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2014

My husband and i loved our trip to nashville! The hotel was beautiful and staff was helpful and very nice. Location was great. Outdoor pool nice. The breakfast was fantastic! Also loved how the hotel texted you after check with info about the free shuttle. Felt personalized as well.
Mr/Mrs Sadlier aug 2014

Room Tip: Ask for renovated room
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple
HIENASHVILLEDT, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Nashville Downtown, responded to this review, August 11, 2014
Thank you for posting such a wonderful review of your experience with us at the award winning Holiday Inn Express Nashville Downtown.

Our reputation is built on outstanding guest service, coupled with our location in the most ideal corner of downtown Nashville on Broadway and 10th Avenue. Your appraisal of our prompt service, outdoor pool, and fantastic breakfast really hit home for my team. It truly brings us great joy that you had a pleasant experience while staying with us, and that you would recommend our hotel property for others. I would also like to thank you for mentioning our text engagement platform that we have with our guests. A simple text is all you need to send, and it is directly tied into our front desk computer for a quick response. We like to make things incredibly convenient and comfortable so you can enjoy our beautiful city.

Next time your travels bring you back to Nashville I hope we will have another opportunity to exceed your expectations once again.

Front Office Manager

Been to Holiday Inn Express Nashville Downtown? Share your experiences!