“Good location” 4 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersBronze level
Rapid City, South Dakota
“Good location”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2014

I stayed at this hotel due to a nearby conference. The location was perfect for both meetings and for evening dining and entertainment.

I never made it to the breakfast room.

My room was older, but clean. I discovered a little leak in the air conditioner, but at least it kept the room cool. I notified the front desk and a maintenance man was immediately at my front door to fix it. I understand other rooms have been renovated, as others at my conference said they had newly updated rooms. Parking was difficult but I got a good spot at first, but then after a dinner out, had to park in their outdoor facility. Fortunately, it was still close by and easy to get to with my luggage when checking out.

The front desk was very friendly and helpful. I did have to stand in line each time to talk to someone. The cookies and lemonade in the foyer was a nice touch.

Room Tip: I liked the room closest to the elevator. It wasn't noisy and I didn't have to walk down a d...
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
HIENASHVILLEDT, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Nashville Downtown, responded to this review, August 7, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to post a review of your recent experience with us at the award winning Holiday Inn Express Nashville Downtown.

I am very pleased to read your positive comments about my team of hospitality professionals that does whatever it takes to create lasting memories for our guests. Thank you so much for further motivating us to do more.

I do hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back to the Holiday Inn Express Nashville Downtown in the near future.

Front Office Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (88)
Charlotte, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2014

Had a room on floor 14 and it was great. Love the shuttle service to broadway. Staff were very helpful and nice. The hotel was clean and didn't have the hotel smell. Only complaint would be that they need more towels and wash cloths in the room. But would recommend others to stay.

Stayed August 2014
Hello and thank you for your 5 star review of your experience at the award winning Holiday Inn Express Nashville Downtown.

Your recommendation towards our hotel, especially our complimentary shuttle service and helpful/nice staff of hospitality professionals means the world to us. Feedback is truly a gift, and we sincerely appreciate hearing from our guests on a job well done. Thank you for continuing to motive us more.

Next time your travel plans bring you back to downtown Nashville please look us up!

Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2014

Stayed last week off June, celebrated our 25th anniversary. Really enjoyed this hotel. The staff was GREAT, went above and beyond. Good location, pool was nice, the free breakfast and shuttle was a added bonus.
The Pennell's

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
HIENASHVILLEDT, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Nashville Downtown, responded to this review, August 6, 2014
I am delighted to read how much you enjoyed your recent stay with us for your 25th anniversary at the award winning Holiday Inn Express Nashville Downtown.

We sincerely appreciate your warm acknowledgements about our proximity towards our vibrant entertainment district; clean rooms; great pool, and for complimenting my team of colleagues for their friendliness. It is certainly with pleasure that we ensure you hold such fond memories of your stay.

Along with my team, I look forward to welcoming you back to the Holiday Inn Express Nashville Downtown in the near future.

Livingston
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2014 via mobile

From extra wash cloths to a shuttle/taxi ride the staff has it covered. A simple text from your phone does it and does it within minutes. Very clean hotel, safe surroundings, comfortable sleeping and convenient to everything. We thoroughly enjoyed our stay and highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed August 2014
Thank you for posting such a wonderful review of your experience with us at the award winning Holiday Inn Express Nashville Downtown.

Our reputation is built on outstanding guest service; and your appraisal of our prompt service, clean/comfortable guest rooms, and proximity in downtown Nashville within a stone’s throw to all the attractions really hit home for my team. It truly brings us great joy that you had a pleasant experience while staying with us, and that you would recommend our hotel property for others. I would also like to thank you for mentioning our text engagement platform that we have with our guests. A simple text is all you need to send, and it is directly tied into our front desk computer for a quick response. We like to make things incredibly convenient and comfortable so you can enjoy our beautiful city.

Next time your travels bring you back to Nashville I hope we will have another opportunity to exceed your expectations once again.

Winchester, Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2014

Compared to others that are close to downtown (that means within walking distance), this hotel does the job. Cheaper than others, however I felt that parking was expensive at $22 for one night. Checked price on TripAdvisor, then walked in and asked for price. They actually were $10 cheaper at the front desk. Air conditioner in room was mediocre. I would have liked it to be a little cooler and less noisy. Overall experience was okay. Just traveling thru for one night and it met expectations.

Stayed August 2014, traveled with friends
I am pleased to read that we met your expectations at the award winning Holiday Inn Express Nashville Downtown.

Your recommendation towards our brand on TripAdvisor is truly the name of the game for us. While we offer discount rates on various 3rd party websites, you can always simply walk-in and usually find an alternative price with us at the front desk that meets or exceeds the 3rd party. Thank you for inspiring us to go above and beyond what is expected to continually offer great comfort, value, and convenience to our guests.

We certainly hope to be of service to you again in the very near future.

Kristiansund, Norway
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2014

An old and worn-down room. An air-conditioning unit that looks and sounds like a tractor. The vending machine on my floor was out of water all the six days during my stay. The vending machine on the floor below did not accept bills. One of the last night, the hotel was evacuated at 3:30 am due to a fire alarm due to a technical problem woth the elevator (no fire).
The front desk was almost constantly under staffed, you had to wait in line if you had a question to ask. The breakfast room was too small for the number of guests, and the quality of the food as bad as what you find at too many US hotels: Strange scrambled "egg" made from powder. Really terrible coffee. And so on. This was definitly not worth the price (more than USD 250 per night).
My next hotel on the same trip was a Holiday Inn in Madrid. Half the price. Spotless, new and clean room. Breakfast with scrambled eggs made from eggs. Really good coffee. Fresh perssed orange juice. Friendly and abundant staffing. The contrast was just staggering.
If I ever come to Nashville again I will go out of my way to avoid this hotel.

Room Tip: I don't know if it is possible to ask the staff for a room that is not adjacent to rooms with pa...
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
HIENASHVILLEDT, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Nashville Downtown, responded to this review, August 5, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to provide us your detailed experience at the award winning Holiday Inn Express Nashville Downtown. While your review is certainly troubling to read and rather bizarre, I definitely appreciate the opportunity to respond on behalf of the hotel.

With respect to your review, I, too, would not appreciate the annoyance of what appears to be a myriad of unusual issues that you experienced during your stay with us. Did you report this inconvenience to our Manager on Duty? We have a Manager on Duty 24 hours a day to assist our guests with various concerns. Regardless of the issue experienced, my team and I would have gladly made it right with you so as to not leave dissatisfied. Unfortunately, I've run into a brick wall researching your issues because we have absolutely no record of your stay, or the concerns detailed in your review. While the inability not to validate any of your concerns is indeed peculiar, I would like to point out that your impressions of our hotel are not like many that have stayed with us based on the feedback we receive; as well as our 86% customer satisfaction index on TripAdvisor (89% for the month of July 2014); which is above our competitive set in the market.

Please reach out to me at 615-244-0150 and I will be happy to research each review with you individually.

London
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2014 via mobile

This hotel's biggest advantage is that it is about 10-15 minutes walk to Downtown and the many bars with live music. The staff were very friendly and helpful. Although it was good to have breakfast included in the price, to be honest the food was pretty poor with plastic cutlery and plates.

Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
HIENASHVILLEDT, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Nashville Downtown, responded to this review, August 4, 2014
Thank you for your feedback of your experience at the award winning Holiday Inn Express Nashville Downtown.

I appreciate you taking the time to outline our picture-perfect downtown location in the heart of Music City. While we appreciate your 3 star review, my team and I really want to give you our award winning 5 star experience. Please let me know the next time your travel plans bring you back to Nashville and I will make sure we roll out the red carpet for you!

Front Office Manager

Been to Holiday Inn Express Nashville Downtown? Share your experiences!