“Conference at Music City Center” 4 of 5 stars

Save 10-30%
Ranked #48 of 151 Hotels in Nashville
GreenLeadersBronze level
Colorado Springs, Colorado
“Conference at Music City Center”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2014

Stayed there while at a conference at Music City Center. Great location near the Honky Tonks on Broadway and the conference center. The front desk helped me get a taxi to the Grand Ole Opry and the hotel shuttle was always available for rides around the immediate area. Thursday evening, they had snacks in the lobby. I was in a newly refurbished room. It was clean and comfortable and the Wi-Fi was excellent. The breakfast bar was good: there are enough choices to meet most people's tastes. There is an outdoor pool that I saw people enjoying. The hotel is far enough from the honky tonks to be quite at night. Great experience all around.

Room Tip: Ask for a refurbished room.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
HIENASHVILLEDT, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Nashville Downtown, responded to this review, July 29, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to post a review of your recent experience with us at the award winning Holiday Inn Express Nashville Downtown.

I am very pleased to read your positive comments about my team of hospitality professionals that does whatever it takes to create lasting memories for our guests. Thank you so much for further motivating us to do more.

I do hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back to the Holiday Inn Express Nashville Downtown in the near future.

Front Office Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (47)
Aurora, Indiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2014

We enjoyed our two night stay-friendly front desk staff, great breakfast, comfy beds! The room was clean and we liked the pillows so much we bought them. The free shuttle made traveling within the city care free. We called to be picked up and dropped off all over downtown! We will be back on our next Nashville getaway.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
HIENASHVILLEDT, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Nashville Downtown, responded to this review, July 28, 2014
Thank you for choosing to share your experience at the award winning Holiday Inn Express Nashville Downtown on your recent stay from Aurora, IN. We value and absolutely love hearing from our guests!

I will make certain to pass along your kind appraisal to our front desk team. Our hotel property is perfectly situated in downtown next to everything that our Music City has to offer. From the honky tonk bars, award winning restaurants, live music, boutique shopping, etc., is literally within a stones-throw away from our lobby. This, complete with our service and amenities, are what truly makes us an award winning hotel in the eyes of our guests.

I look forward to welcoming you upon future stays in the near future. Cheers!

2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2014

we did not get off to a good start as someone had messed up our booking. the girl at reception said we were booked in for August and this was the beginning of May. she also informed us that they were booked up and had no rooms left. but after an anxious thirty minute wait they managed to find a room for us from somewhere!!! first impressions were not good as the corridors were dull and the carpets looked dirty. the room carpet was not much better but the bed was ok. air con was noisy and kept wakening me up when it kicked in.breakfast was help yourself and we had no complaints. the hotel is only a short walk from all the main sights downtown which is one of the plus points for it. only for the fact that all the other hotels were booked up when we planned this holiday we would not have stayed here

Room Tip: choose another hotel
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
HIENASHVILLEDT, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Nashville Downtown, responded to this review, July 21, 2014
On behalf of my team at the award winning Holiday Inn Express Nashville Downtown, I would like to thank you for your time in providing us a review of your experience.

I would like to take this opportunity to apologize for the apparent mix-up with your reservation. Without the specifics about your reservation its challenging to pinpoint exactly where the breakdown in service originated from. With that said, I am apologetic over what happened. With respect to you room, over the last year we have renovated our lobby, public spaces, and half our guestrooms; and have plans in late 4th quarter/early 1st quarter to complete the rest of the renovation. Your impressions of our hotel are not like many that have stayed with us based on the feedback we receive; as well as our 94% guest rating who recommend our hotel on ihg.com over the last quarter.

Please reach out to me at your earliest convenience at 615-244-0150 and I will be happy to speak to you about your experience. I do hope you will allow us the occasion to restore your confidence in our hotel.

DownEast and Acadia Maine, Maine
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2014

The staff was great - friendly and very knowledgeable and informative about the hotel and the area.

The breakfast buffet was quite good - replenished regularly and a great variety with something for everyone.

Rooms were pretty much as expected; clean and the beds were very comfortable.

The outside sitting area facing Broadway was a nice meeting spot and there were enough chairs & benches for a good sized group of people to sit down and relax. Be advised it is also a designated smoking area.

The hotel does provide a local shuttle, which is always a perk. The regular hotel shuttle van was out of service during our stay, so we were accommodated with a minivan to get to and from the downtown area. We used the shuttle twice during our stay. The first time we requested it, it was 10pm - the driver was quick, pleasant, and prompt. Fantastic!

The only problem that arose (and this was not the hotel's fault directly) - was with the shuttle. We (tried) to use the shuttle during one of the mornings we were there. There was a large group of guests staying at the hotel needing to get downtown to attend a conference. Due to the regular shuttle being out of service, the hotel was using the minivan to shuttle people back and forth. Problem was - the minivan could only accommodate a small group of people at a time. We patiently waited for the shuttle to come and pick us up - but due to the volume of (some very rude and self-entitled) people waiting and the fact that there was only one shuttle running, it was virtually impossible for us to get on the shuttle in time to arrive for our scheduled meetings. We wound up having to walk in the (very humid) heat in order to make it to our meetings on time. Perhaps a second shuttle during that peak time would have helped.

Overall though, this was a nice experience, the Nashville "strip" was just a few blocks away - with tons of music performers, restaurants, and gift shops to suit almost any need. I'll mention again that the staff was great - always a plus when considering to stay in a place you've never been before.

Green Features: Non-smoking hotel. There's a designated smoking area outside.
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
Thank you for taking the time out of your day to provide us your feedback. Our team at the award winning Holiday Inn Express Nashville Downtown takes great pleasure in providing a product that our guests can be proud of. Thank you for pointing out our centralized downtown location and clean rooms; as well as commenting on our complimentary downtown shuttle that our guests can enjoy and recommending your experience on TripAdvisor. My team and I greatly appreciate reviews like yours!

We certainly look forward to welcoming you back and hope to exceed your expectations once again.

1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2014

This hotel is ragged ! It's plain nasty ! The carpet is gross, the furniture is old , the AC feels like an old timey swamp cooler! The only reason I'm here is because all I others are booked , the halls are disgusting ! I will never stay here again ! I don't know where the good reviews came from , plus you gotta pay. $22.00 just to park ! Hated it !

Stayed July 2014
HIENASHVILLEDT, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Nashville Downtown, responded to this review, July 17, 2014
This review is puzzling because we do not have a record of this guest staying with us. Furthermore, in reviewing our reports we do not have a record of the guests concerns outlined in her review. Very confusing. Please note that we have a manger of duty available 24 hours a day to assist with any guest issue regardless of circumstance. Impressions like this are very rare, as they are not like many that have stayed with us based on the feedback we receive; as well as our 94% guest rating who recommend our hotel on TripAdvisor over the last quarter. Our team at the Holiday Inn Express Nashville Downtown makes every effort to deliver upon the high standards we set for ourselves; we strive to ensure our guests recognize the service/facilities we provide as offering a high level of value and a warmly memorable experience. In short, it is our ultimate goal to exceed our guests expectations and to ensure satisfaction.

Illinois City, Illinois
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2014

The location is perfect. Can walk to any place on and around Broadway where all the action is. Also an easy drive to Opryland. All staff was very friendly. I believe they are in the process of remodeling/updating the facility, but we were not fortunate enough to be on one of the floors that was completed. The hallways looked filthy and had me quite concerned about the shape of the rooms. The rooms were not too bad, just old. The beds had some type of vinyl bed skirt that laid between the mattress and base. Whenever you got in or out of the bed, it sounded like you were getting off of a blowup mattress. It was loud enough to disturb sleep. Hopefully that will not be a problem in the new rooms. I felt the price was high for a Holiday Inn Express. I thought Holiday Inn Expresses were supposed to be a bit less expensive. The first night, a week night, was 129.00, I can live with that. But on the weekend the price jumped to 199.00 per night and you had to pay $22.00 per night for parking. It did come with a breakfast every morning hot and cold, but the typical microwavable stuff. The last night there was no room in the parking garage or the outdoor secure parking lot so we had to park in an overflow lot that was not gated. I was not happy about that considering the price to park. I would consider staying there again, but would hope for a better price.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
HIENASHVILLEDT, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Nashville Downtown, responded to this review, July 15, 2014
On behalf of my team at the award winning Holiday Inn Express Nashville Downtown, I would like to thank you for your time in providing us a review of your experience with us.

Yes, our hotel is in a picture-perfect downtown location within walking distance next to everything that our Music City has to offer. With that said, I would like to apologize if you were left to feel disappointed in our hotel and garage. Over the last year we have renovated our lobby, public space, and half our guestrooms; and have plans in late 4th quarter or early 1st quarter to complete the rest of the renovation. With respect to parking, our daily parking fee of $22.00 is actually on the more cost effective side when it comes to downtown hotel parking. Our parking rate, as well as other incidentals, are clearly noted to each and every guest when confirming reservations for full disclosure. However, I am happy to read that you would consider staying with us if your travels plans bring you back to Nashville.

Please reach out to me personally the next time you are visiting Nashville and I will roll out the red carpet for you!

New York, NY
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2014

This hotel is located in the perfect spot. It's just far enough away from the main strip of bars and restaurants that there were no loud disruptions, even on New Year's Eve, but close enough to make downtown walkable. They also offer a regular shuttle service, so if it's cold or you choose to wear heels, you can get there that way as well.
Everything else was as expected - the room was comfortable and serviced regularly. It's not five star, but I can't fault anything about our stay.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with friends
HIENASHVILLEDT, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Nashville Downtown, responded to this review, July 14, 2014
Thank you for taking the time out of your day to provide us a review of your experience at the award winning Holiday Inn Express Nashville Downtown. My team and I sincerely appreciate the opportunity to serve you on your recent trip to Nashville from NYC.

Thank you for mentioning our perfect downtown location. We personally believe our particular location sets us apart from the rest of the competition in the downtown Nashville market. We are only a few short blocks away from the vibrant entertainment district; but also nestled away on the ideal corner of 10th Avenue and Broadway, which situates our hotel property on the corner of the best of both worlds. While we sincerely thank you for your 4 star review, we aim for that perfect top notch 5 star hotel experience.

The next time your travel plans bring you back to Nashville we would love another opportunity to be your destination choice.

Front Office Manager

Been to Holiday Inn Express Nashville Downtown? Share your experiences!