“Among the BEST for Holiday Inn Express” 4 of 5 stars

Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #57 of 150 hotels in Nashville
GreenLeadersBronze level
Asheville, North Carolina
“Among the BEST for Holiday Inn Express”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 3, 2014

I have just returned from a 2 night stay in which I booked 5 rooms for 10 traveling companions to attend a nearby conference. I booked the rooms online and then called the hotel and was connected to Valeri who was friendly and personable and went above and beyond the call of duty to take care of us. She secured a special room for a guest with "mobility issues," as well as took the time to share about local eateries and sights of interest within walking distance. It was obvious that Valeri loved her job! (Given the chance, I would hire this lady immediately!)

The rooms were comfortable, clean and had a mini-fridge and microwave. The breakfast buffet was outstanding, and had a great variety! My only complaint would be that the breakfast serving crew seemed to be overwhelmed & understaffed. Their demeanor was that of frustration and hurry. It seemed that the hotel was full, and during peak times, (7-8:30) the coffee and some food items were constantly running out. But there was alway plenty of their signature cinnamon rolls!

The prices here were very competitive with other hotels and the Holiday Inn Shuttle would take guests and pick them up most anywhere within a 2 mile radius.

I would definitely stay here again if I was working or attending an event downtown, and would be sure to ask for Valeri if special assistance is needed.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
HIENASHVILLEDT, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Nashville Downtown, responded to this review, May 4, 2014
Thank you for choosing the Holiday Inn Express Nashville Downtown for your 2 night, 5 room, 10 person trip to the Music City.

My team and I are absolutely delighted to read that you consider our hotel “amount the best for Holiday Inn Express.” In fact, we are the largest Holiday Inn Express, within the InterContinental Hotels Group portfolio, in the country. Our ultimate goal is to not just live up to your expectations, but to exceed your expectations each and everyday. It was our pleasure to provide you the personalized concierge service that we are known for. I shall certainly extend your great comments to Valeri. She is one of our seasoned professionals who exemplifies customer service to a tee. Thank you so much for recognizing one of my employees in this regard.

On behalf of my team, we look forward in welcoming you back to the Holiday Inn Express Nashville Downtown in the near future.

629 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (76)
British Columbia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 3, 2014

This isn't a purpose built HIExpress so it has some challenges (older building; noises) but apart from that it is great. I had a spectacularly fast check-in and all of the clerks recognized me by name following my first walk up. I got great advice on restaurants and assurances I'd be safe walking the few blocks into the center of everything Nashville - they were right. There was a courtesy van on offer but I needed the walk. Comfy bed, nice view over Union Station, furnishings work.
I had a noise in my room that was intermittent - about once an hour there was a loud buzzing noise. I was in bed and nearly asleep when I figured out it wasn't just the TV - and by then it was too late to call for maintenance. I told front desk in the morning and they expressed concern - so hopefully no one else is awakened every hour or so by whatever this is. (likely the refrigerator)
I want better in room coffee makers - don't care for the single serving in a styro cup thingy that is becoming common. (it's just instant coffee - and not particularly good)
I want a luggage rack - I hate putting my suitcase up on furniture where it can leave marks or damage upholstery.

Room Tip: I love trains and train sounds so a view over Union Station was great for me. If you aren't a f...
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
We appreciate your valuable feedback regarding your experience at the award winning Holiday Inn Express Nashville Downtown; and for taking the time out of your day to post a review on TripAdvisor.

You are correct, we are not your typical Holiday Inn Express; we are actually the largest Holiday Inn Express in the country with 287 guestrooms, complete with 10,000 square feet of flexible meeting space. This, in itself, allows us to cater to a larger clientele looking for that full service hotel experience. We sincerely appreciate your feedback outlining our top-notch service team that will do Whatever It Takes to create lasting memories for our guests. Our location, size, and team is what truly separates us from the rest of the competition in the downtown Nashville market. With that said, I would like to take this opportunity to apologize if you were left to feel disappointed with the buzzing noise coming from your room. I will make sure to follow up with our engineering team to pinpoint exactly where this is coming from. With respect to luggage racks, all of our 287 guestrooms and suites have luggage racks in the closet; and some of our larger rooms actually have multiple luggage racks for even more convenience.

Your recommendation and comments will not go unnoticed, and I will make certain to pass along your positive feedback to my team for a job well done. Next time you are visiting Nashville we would love to have another opportunity to welcome your return visit for another great experience.

WISCONSIN DELLS
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 30, 2014

I stayed at this property on April 26 and 27. I made the reservation on April 25th- with the rate being $349 for the first night and $179 for the second night- I thought this high for a Holiday Inn Express- but I needed to be there. After making the reservation I found a lower price on www.mybookingbuddy.com. I took a screenshot- called customer care - and submitted a request to get the first night free- as their best price guarantee says. I was told by the manager at Holiday Inn (rude) and the front desk (rude) that they would deny it because third party sites are not honored. Where else are you supposed to find a lower rate?? I arrived at the hotel the next day and they knew nothing about it- and their phones were down so I couldn't call customer service. FINALLY at 11pm I was able to use the phones to call customer service- I was told by a HOLIDAY INN employee that there had been issues and submissions through the best price guarantee were not being received. He instructed me to resubmit- and he would send an email documenting this. Well- I get an email saying the best price guarantee could not be validated- OF COURSE NOT!! It was after midnight- and it was for THAT day! You cannot call anyone at Holiday Inn- all I get is condescending letters saying they "understand" my frustration- I don't care that they understand. I want them to honor the guarantee and they will not- and they will not give me a legitimate reason why- nor will they admit that there was an error on their part. EXTREMELY POOR CUSTOMER SERVICE. It is evident that as a corporation they make a concerted effort to deceive and lie to their guests. They have guarantee that they refuse to honor- and they refuse to even discuss it with me on the phone- or allow me to talk to a supervisor. I have been a travel agent for over 20 years and NEVER have I been treated so poorly by a company. I will do everything I can to NOT send clients to ANY Holiday Inn ANYWHERE. I urge everyone reading this to NOT patronize them- they are a dishonest company.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with friends
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Nashville Downtown, responded to this review, May 16, 2014
Dear bouttahere,

First of all, thank you very much for your recent stay at our hotel. We are sorry to see you did not enjoy your overall experience with us. We’d like to obtain some additional detail regarding your experience so we have sent you a private message. We hope to have the honor of serving you again should your travels bring you back to the area.

Ferdinand G.
Case Manager
IHGCare
Sudbury, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2014

Located on Broadway across from First, this hotel is within easy walking distance to downtown and venues such as the Ryman Auditorium, Bridgestone Arena, and the Frist Centre. We arrived early and although our room wasn't ready, we were able to park our vehicle, which was much appreciated. There was a $22 charge for parking, but the underground parking lot was convenient with elevator access to the hotel. The hotel provides a shuttle service but we walked everywhere and didn't use this service. An excellent breakfast is provided with hot and cold items, and the lobby area and breakfast area are very spacious and tastefully done. The staff were very friendly. Our room was comfortable and clean. We booked at this hotel for a Thursday night and afterwards thought of adding a Friday and Saturday night to our stay, but the rates really hiked up on the weekend so we opted to only stay the Thursday night.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
HIENASHVILLEDT, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Nashville Downtown, responded to this review, April 29, 2014
Thank you for choosing the award winning Holiday Inn Express Nashville Downtown for your excursion from Sudbury, Canada. We are most appreciative of your charming feedback for other potential guests to take notice on TripAdvisor.

I am truly happy to read your kind recognition of our top notch housekeeping department for working hard to personally detail your room; our Express Star breakfast complete with all the traditional hot/cold breakfast items; complimentary downtown shuttle, location, and service. Our team of hospitality professionals has adopted a service culture that is the absolute best in the business. A team that genuinely takes pride in their work, and this is reflected in our service scores. Thank you so much for inspiring us even more.

We welcome your return visit anytime to once again exceed your expectations.

Bethlehem, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 27, 2014

This hotel offers a quality room for the price but nothing fancy. Its in an ideal location just a few blocks from downtown. Most everything is in walking distance. The hotel also offers a free shuttle service within a 2 mile radius if you prefer. In addition the complimentary breakfast is very good and offers both a hot and continental breakfast buffet along with quality service.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled solo
Thank you for choosing to stay at the Holiday Inn Express Nashville Downtown. I appreciate you taking the time out of your day to share your detailed experience with the social media world on TripAdvisor.

I am happy to read your kind recognition of our team's efforts to ensure you were comfortable and warmly welcomed. I was also pleased to learn the location was convenient for your visit to downtown Nashville. We personally believe our location, and award winning guest service, is what sets us apart from the rest of the competition in the Nashville market.

Once again, thank you for your comments and for choosing to spend your time with us.

Malmo, Sweden
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 25, 2014

The hotel is nice and is in a quiet area. It is walking distance to the town center with bars and restaurants. It is a 15 minute walk. There is a parking under and just next to the hotel, for an additional charge. The room was quite ok.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
HIENASHVILLEDT, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Nashville Downtown, responded to this review, April 26, 2014
Greetings from the Holiday Inn Express Nashville Downtown! I would like to personally thank you for detailing your experience with us on TripAdvisor.

Thank you for your recommendation towards our brand, and hotel, for others to read. Our hotel is conveniently located next to everything that our Music City has to offer. Also, on Friday/Saturday, we feature live entertainment in the lobby; complete with hors d'oeuvre and refreshments to set the ambiance for a fun-filled Nashville weekend. These little extras are what make us an award winning hotel in the eyes of our guests.

On behalf of my team at the Holiday Inn Express Nashville Downtown, we hope to have another opportunity to welcome your return visit very soon.

4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2014 via mobile

This hotel is in a great location. Just blocks from great restaurants in the gulch and live music on the row. We stayed one night, Tuesday, and the hotel was busy but quiet. Check in went smoothly and quickly. The room was a nice size, the beds were comfortable with plenty of pillows. The free breakfast is pretty good, plenty to choose from. The only downside is its $22 to park.

Stayed April 2014
HIENASHVILLEDT, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Nashville Downtown, responded to this review, April 24, 2014
I would like to express my sincere gratitude for taking the time out of your busy schedule to give us a wonderful review of your experience at the Holiday Inn Express Nashville Downtown.

It is with great pleasure that we warmly welcome, meet, and exceed our guests expectations on a daily basis. Our hotel property is perfectly situated in downtown next to everything the our Music City has to offer. From the smooth and quickly check-in, to our beautifully appointed rooms complete with comfortable beds and pillows; all of this and more are what makes us an award winning hotel in the eyes of our guests. Your review gives my team great pride, and actually motivates us to continue giving outstanding service that coincides with our award winning hotel.

On behalf of my team, I look forward to welcoming you back very soon.

Front Office Manager

Been to Holiday Inn Express Nashville Downtown? Share your experiences!