“Nightmare on Broadway” 1 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersBronze level
Nashville, Tennessee
“Nightmare on Broadway”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2013

My goodness...where do I start? This was the worst place I have ever stayed. The room was horrible, A/C blew out hot air which added another horrible odor to the already smelly room. I had to sit in the bathtub with my foot over a Styrofoam cup to keep the water in the tub. The coffee maker didn't work & had to be shut on & off 3 times to get a cup of the worst coffee I have ever tasted. I guess you are asking why didn't I call the front desk...WELL they were rude & looked at me like a deer caught in the headlights when I made a request. The price was ridiculous for the room, the quality & condition of the place that we soon named the DUMP. I am sorry Holiday Inn Express we will never be back!

Room Tip: Stay away from this hotel!
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
DP615, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Nashville Downtown, responded to this review, May 2, 2013
Judie O,

I sincerely apologize for the issues that occured whie you stayed at our property. I would love to discuss these issues with you and find out what room you were in during your stay so we can ensure that this doesn't happen again. This is also not typical behavior of our front desk staff. Feel free to contact me at 615-244-0150.

Andrew Pitt
GSM

630 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (76)
Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 26, 2013 via mobile

Looked for a night or two close to live music and Bridgestone Arena. Suited the purpose. Probably a mile to the river but closer to Nashville action. Clean rooms even though there were renovations downstairs it was all good.

• Stayed March 2013
Georgetown, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2013

My first impression was 4 stars, right from the beginning. And that never changed. Clean as a pin, this hotel is full of necessary amenities. Extraordinarily helpful desk help. Each person I encountered was well trained in their job capacity. Next meetings I have in Nashville will cause me to absolutely stay here again. Their proximity to Music Row is... walk out the front door onto the sidewalk, turn left, walk 200 steps. Restaurants galore surround the building, one you have to try is "The Sicilian."

Their military rate was about 70% of the full rate, which still ended up being better than Orbitz, Expedia or TripAdvisor could offer even in their deep discounts.

The rooms are not small or large, but they are BY FAR the cleanest, best-equipped rooms I've ever stayed at in any city in any country I've ever been. Refrigerator and microwave in each room. New iron and ironing board. Single serve coffee-maker. 6 pillows on an extremely comfortable California-King size bed. A HUGE flat screen HDTV. A leather-topped workstation that rivaled my desk at every job where I had one... complete with a true-sunlight bulb for no-glare light while you work. There's a 6-plug outlet for those with portable computer stations.

The bathroom was well-equipped with toiletries, towels and paper. The only drawback is the sink drain was plugged. The drain needs a small plunger to be taken to it and that would clear up the problem. If that was the only thing I encountered negative then they are batting 1000 even still.

A breakfast buffet on the scale of a Shoney's buffet. Except, here, it's got all-you-can-drink orange juice.

On a scale of 1 to 10, this hotel being the 10, Radisson would rate a 5 or 6. The Lacrosse, WI Radisson would rate a 2 or 3 in comparison. THE ATTITUDE OF THE PEOPLE IS WHAT MAKES THE BIGGEST DIFFERENCE. But, the fact of place being clean and 100% free of bedbugs (and no lame excuses or retarded replies on TripAdvisor from the general manager...) and guests treated like real people... unlike at the Rat-isson... are other huge points in favor of this hotel. I'll share my photos later.

On my way out for meetings in the a.m., I met a maintenance man named Joe. He and another employee were busy shampooing the floors of the rooms with sophisticated machines. He says every few days they hit every carpet in the entire structure. EVERY SINGLE ROOM. Cleanliness is evidently a main focus of the staff. An evidence to this was (yes I do this at every hotel I stay at since I'm allergic to many types of dust and molds...) I LOOKED UNDER THE BED. Not a single bit of dust, no trash. I could've filled a grocery bag with the dust and crap under the bed at the LaCrosse, WI Radisson. See the difference? It's staff doing their job very well. That's what makes This Holiday Inn Express so special, the workers like Valerie (Desk), Karen (housekeeping), Tinesha (desk supervisor), Joe (maintenance), many others, including the fast moving young ladies who did the breakfast.

They do have parking which is half-price for military... just $10/night.

Job well done, everyone. Thanks for such a restful stay, a home away from home.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
DP615, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Nashville Downtown, responded to this review, May 8, 2013
PhantasticPhotog,

I and my fellow managers greatly appreciate this review. We do put a great deal of time into training, as well as making our guests' stays a great experience. I am glad to see the cleanliness, attitude of the staff, and our breakfast buffet all exceed your expectations as a guest. The individuals mentioned in this review are all great assets to our property. We understand that their efforts are pivotal to our success and have all been acknowledged for their dedication each day. We are happy that you enjoyed your stay and come see us again in the near future!Sincerely,

Andrew Pitt
GSM
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2013

This is a very nice hotel. Accomadations were excellent. Staff always at the ready to help or answer questions. Great breakfast and ! All in all we really enjoyed our stay over Valentines Day weekend 2013

Room Tip: We were on the 7th floor so we had a penthouse view of all downtown Nashville...very nice
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Ky
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 19, 2013

Looking for a great location easy to get in and out and they offered a shuttle for around town.
They also had free breakfast which was great for our group. The cleaning staff couldn't do enough for you!! We did have an issue with our door you had to slam it to close I felt bad for the other people staying in rooms around us due to the noise. Also they had started to renovating the lobby while the room really could use some updating.. I guess my biggest issue we had to pay 20.00 a day to park..

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Norway, Maine
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 13, 2013

I have been to Nashville many times. This was my first stay at this hotel. For the price, I felt it was adequate. I was there for 6 night. My room was on the 8th floor which was supposably the executive floor (which not sure what that means as there was nothing special with my room). The positives - the bed and pillows were comfy, the room was clean, I had a refer, microwave, coffemaker and desk in the room. It was nice to have free wifi. The free hotel shuttle service to/from hotel to down town was nice. Folks at the front desk were pleasant.
The negatives: Walls were paper thin. On the weekend it was very loud. You could hear your neighbors and anyone in the hallway. Elevators were small and slow. No restaraunt on site but there was a continental breakfast in the mornings which was okay - nothing special. There was a small giftshop but you could not charge anything to your room. Location was okay... I have actually stayed at the Hilton and Sheraton Downtown which were both closer to all the bars and shops. I prefer staying a little closer to downtown. Would I stay there again? Maybe... I prefer the Sheraton and Hilton... Yes a bit more money but its worth all the extra amenities.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Nashville Downtown, responded to this review, May 8, 2013
Dear Mainesilver1,

Thank you for taking the time to express your thoughts and concerns. I am so glad you liked the cleanliness of your room and the friendliness of our staff. Please allow me to apologize for the experience you had with the noise which affected your stay negatively. I am sorry you were not satisfied with our elevator services and other facilities we have to offer. We appreciate your feedback as this is our best resource for improving guest services. Thank you for staying and we hope you give us another chance to make your stay as best as it can be.

Anthony M
Case Manager
IHGCare
Apple Valley, Minnesota
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 12, 2013

This hotel is only a couple blocks from music row downtown. It is the largest Holiday Inn Express Hotel in the USA and was very quiet, underground free parking, and many workers and space for a great free breakfast...They were renovating the lobby area but still very efficient and no problems at all during our stay.

Room Tip: We were up high and very quiet.. ask for high floor and not by elevator as they can be noisy during...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family

Been to Holiday Inn Express Nashville Downtown? Share your experiences!