“Stayed here several times. This was the last.” 1 of 5 stars

Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #55 of 150 Hotels in Nashville
GreenLeadersBronze level
Chicago, Illinois, United States
“Stayed here several times. This was the last.”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 24, 2013

We come to Nashville on business and only stay on Sunday nights. For the last two trips when we tried to check in at three pm we were told the room wasn't ready because somebody had called off the night before; these trips were six months apart. Then after paying twenty bucks for parking, there wasn't a spot later that evening because of a nearby rock concert. The guy at the front desk had the nerve to say it was first come first serve. Actually, it's fraud to charge for a service you can't provide. After over twenty years of Holiday Inn being our chain of choice for smaller market cities, all I can say is buh-bye!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
DP615, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Nashville Downtown, responded to this review, March 28, 2013
Rebecca0963,

I do apologize for experience with us and any inconvenience we have caused. I would like you to know that this is not our standard and is not typical of our property. Although we did have some call outs, not having rooms ready at check in time is unacceptable. I would also like to apologize for the parking situation. I would like discuss what happened during your stay and what we can do about the situation. Please give the hotel a call 615-244-0150 so we can resolve this. Once again, I apologize and I look forward to speaking with you.

Andrew Pitt
GSM

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (91)
Troy, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 24, 2013 via mobile

This hotel is close to most of the sights
The staff was very friendly and helpful despine the renovations being done. The morning free breakfast was the standard for an express but the staff always kept it well stocked. I would stay at this hotel again.

• Stayed March 2013
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 20, 2013 via mobile

The room was really nice and beds were fantastic. We enjoyed the heated pool and had it all to ourselves. I did notice there was garbage not taken out if our bathroom and an empty water bottle under a bed. But other than that it was good. When I checked in I asked for price and said nope too much, then he said I can do $$$ which was 30 dollars less. Wow! So we stayed and had a nice night.

• Stayed March 2013
Mechanicsburg, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2013

I have stayed at this location on numerous occassions and always found it great. Although there is a charge for parking, I like the fact that my vehicle is parked indoors where I feel it is safe and secure. I also like the fact that it is park yourself rather than valet. And it is certainly easy access since elevators go directly into the garage. The staff has always been extremely helpful and friendly and they always made me feel welcome. They also offer a free buffet breakfast. And yes, it is not the same as going to a restaurant (which we do sometimes), but if you are in a hurry, it is then an awesome choice. Also have free coffee available most of the day. And as for location, it is within walking distance of downtown where all the action is. I would definitely recommend.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Sturgis, Michigan, USA
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013

We had a bad experience at this hotel last year, they promised us a free stay. Which we have not been able to get. Twice now we have tired and there are rooms but they don't want to give them up as a free room for they could get filled. They goofed up. They promised a free stay. But twice not when we have been threw there. You can stay out of downtown and get a shuttle in so don't use the Holiday Inn Express there....

Room Tip: Some where else downtown. Or shuttle in.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
DP615, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Nashville Downtown, responded to this review, March 16, 2013
Lindakay23,

I do apologize for experience with us and any inconvenience we have caused. I would like to discuss what happened during your stay and what we can do about the situation moving forward. Please give the hotel a call 615-244-0150 so we can resolve this. Once again, I apologize and I look forward to speaking with you.

Andrew Pitt
GSM
Traverse City, Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013

The hotel is close enough to downtown to walk, but the free shuttle to the downtown area was nice when the temperatures dipped and the wind picked up during our stay. Breakfast was plenty. (They serve one breakfast style egg and meat/day, even though they list them all.)
Be sure and check out the beautiful old Union Station building across from the Holiday Inn.

Bowling Green, Kentucky
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 10, 2013

My husband & I just stayed here for 1 night. Check-in & check out was super easy, and all of the staff was extremely friendly. We ate at the Melting Pot (which was delicious!), and just a short walk from the hotel. It is a really easy walk to all of the nightlife & restaurants. The complimentary breakfast we had this morning was delicious. It had the best cinnamon rolls I have ever eaten, & really good scrambled eggs. Other items were muffins, bagels, cereal, pancake maker, fruit, juices, water, coffee, sausage, etc...
The only cons of this hotel are the price that we paid for the room (parking included it was $330 for 1 night), the beds are very firm & I didn't sleep real well. I do not know if you call if you can ask for a room with softer beds or if that is all they have. Another con is that we were expecting to be able to sleep in, but there are not curtains to keep the window covered, so the sun was shining in & I was up at 6:30AM.
Overall, I would probably stay at this hotel again if the price & beds were better.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Nashville Downtown, responded to this review, July 16, 2013
Dear Samantha W,

Ferdinand G
Case Manager
IHGCares

Been to Holiday Inn Express Nashville Downtown? Share your experiences!