“Great Hotel and Even Greater Staff” 5 of 5 stars

Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #57 of 150 hotels in Nashville
GreenLeadersBronze level
Boston, Massachusetts
“Great Hotel and Even Greater Staff”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2012

Just spent two nights here over Veteran's Day weekend. The front desk check-in was fantastic. Deisy took care of us and could not have done more. We had 5 rooms on the fifth floor. The rooms were a good size and the bathroom was large and immaculate. The bed linens were clean and the beds were comfy. Deisy helped us with information on going out the first night and we all boarded the free shuttle and off we went. In the morning we had the free breakfast which was just fine. The breakfast room was larger than other Holiday Inns that I've stayed in and there were 2 breakfast lines and 2 pancake makers. We took out the car for the morning and Kelly at the desk was just wonderful to us. She printed out mapquest directions to all our sites and called about hours and questions we had. The hotel is less than 10 minutes from all the music and great restaurants. Just a quick walk down the street or the free shuttle that will pick you up after you call him and tell him where to come. On our last night the staff offered to print our boarding passes for us and handed them to us when we arrived back from the night out. I wouldn't hesitate to recommend this hotel and would definitely stay here again.

629 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (76)
Jasper, Indiana, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2012

The Holiday Inn Express as neat and clean. The hotel was within walking distance to all the bars. The front desk was very friendly. They gave us a map of the downtown area. They offered a free breakfast which was great. The parking was $20, but I think it was that much at all the hotels.

Bedford
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2012

I normally love HI Expresses. Updated, great bedding, free breakfast, and Priority points! This one needed a makeover. The location was decent, near the end of the action in Broadway, but walkable. We paid nearly $250/night over a weekend, plus $20/day parking. Extremely overpriced,even for downtown. And that was for a prepay, non-refundable 1 King bed. At check-in near 5:30 pm, there was a guy playing guitar and a reception area with popcorn, cookies, and drinks. The hallways smelled like stale smoke, carpeting needs replaced, and doors were old and cheap, and I counted 6 different showers going on throughout the early morning, so the walls are pretty thin. The room itself was clean and the bed was comfortable. It was nice to have a microwave and small fridge. My husband was happy with the TV channels :) The breakfast area was nice enough and large, with 2 lanes going down each side, which speeds things up if there are convention groups. (which there were) They have pancake makers, scrambled eggs, ham or sausage, biscuits & gravy, cereals, yogurt, hard-boiled eggs, pastries, and breads, juice & coffee. I would probably look for another hotel next time, but suprisingly,there didn't seem to be too many options.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Pontiac, Illinois
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2012

The hotel was in need of some renovations in my opinion. The bathroom for sure was outdated and the carpeting was a bit old. First impressions are a big thing and the warm and fuzzy feeling was tossed out and exchanged for a grumpy attitude and pushiness of the woman who checked us in. If she doesn't like her job than maybe she needs to find another one. For $169 a night plus $20 parking fee (which was waived with a winning of a hotel scratch off ticket being a Priority Club Member) I was not overly pleased with the exception that it was within walking distance of the Broadway Strip and also The Flying Saucer for that around the World Beer Experience. Overall, we would look for another hotel in the area and even be willing to pay a few dollars more for a friendlier staff and a cleaner, updated bathroom.

Room Tip: Check on the $20 a hight parking at the downtown hotels. Some charge it and others don't.
Fort Worth, Texas, USA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 26, 2012 via mobile

This Holiday Inn Express was cleaner and neater than the last one I stayed in. The staff was pleasant and helpful. The location was perfect for my meetings and close to entertainment and dining options.

Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2012 via mobile

We loved the location of the hotel. It's so close to all the bars and the Bridgestone arena where we went to a concert at. That's about all I can say that's good about it. The price was way over priced for the hotel. Floors were stained, smelled bad on the floor we were on and just needs a major update. We only stayed 2 nights thank goodness. We went and stayed at a hotel by the airport since we had an early flight the next morning and were so glad we did. It was priced less and was in much better condition. Won't be coming back to this hotel unless they update.

Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
East Sussex, England
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2012

Having just completed my annual visit to Nashville and staying again at the Holiday Inn Express I can only say that reading some of the recent comments posted on here I can only think I was staying at a different Hotel. Let me elaborate on some of the points raised:
1. Yes the breakfast is buffet style and served on disposable plates, cutlery,etc but it is FREE and if you expect silver service and waited on then I am sure that the Union Station across the road will provide this at a price! I certainly was not aware of any complaints from people in my immediate vicinity who like me were happy to return for second helpings! As for 20 minute queues at no time did this happen even on the busy weekend mornings.
2. One person did mention having to wait for the elevators - I doubt if I waited more than a minute even at busy periods. Perhaps this person needs a chill pill or is life so frantic that a few seconds is such a big deal.
3. I notice that there are many comments re: car parking costs. Although not a car user the rates are clearly identified on the Hotels website so you know what they are before you arrive. Maybe the person who complained about waiting for an elevator didn't have time to read this!!!
4. Broadway is not a long uphill climb coming back to the Hotel - yes it is a steady climb for part of the way but for anyone of reasonable mobility this is certainly not a problem providing you are reasonably sober. In any case the Hotel shuttle runs for a good part of the day.
However, the comments I do agree with is that the carpeting in the public areas are in parts, in my opinion, a bit on the grubby side but I can't say that this affected my enjoyment of my stay in any way. The maid service was superlative but then I do keep to realistic hours.
All in all a great stay and I can't wait to return next year. My thanks to all who looked after me in Room 632 from 12th. to 20th. October. All the staff I encountered were polite, helpful & friendly.
Only complaint is only once did I get popcorn!!!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled solo

Been to Holiday Inn Express Nashville Downtown? Share your experiences!