“Worse place in my life.” 1 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Plan Ahead and Save 15%
Ranked #146 of 151 Hotels in Nashville
Dayton, Ohio
“Worse place in my life.”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2010

This place is sick! It should be shut down! I will never again either use cheaprooms. We had a couple hotels in mind and this wasn't one of them. We asked the guy on cheaprooms for a nice hotel from 60-100 dollars close to downtown Nashville safe and clean for a 9 month old and a 6 year old. We gave him the name of our hotels and we got this! We was told from cheaprooms it was nice!! From the moment we pulled in the parking lot we tried to cancel with cheaprooms before even having to see the room! The beds was covered in blood on the mattresses (mattresses at least 20-30 years old at that). The sheets had ripped holes, burnt holes and hair on them (they wasn't even fitted sheets, they had them tucked in. Dirty sheets at that). The roomed smelled. The door lock was unsafe. The bathroom was unbearable (the tile was black). The bed had bugs. The carpet was dark but could still see the stains. The walls was covered in dirty marks from top to bottom. The lamp shades was dirty. It had a couple things to offer- A nice counter top, a refrigerator and nice looking dresser, running water which I wouldn't use. [[Do not stay here]]! I wouldn't sleep here if I was homeless. Cheaprooms wouldn't refund our money or switch to a different hotel either. We went to the next exit down and got a Days Inn for the cheaper the price and better the stay. We was able to shower, sit and sleep in our bed. Walk around with no shoes on. The hotel should be shut down and tore down. I cant believe cheaprooms would associate themselves with a place like this! They definitely don't care about their costumers. If so they wouldn't offer this to them.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
London, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 3, 2010

I can't give this hotel a bad review - when they care enough to fold the towels into fans and do the pointy thing with the toilet paper then it would be mean wouldn't it ! I stayed here for one night as I was just passing through - As a female traveller on my own in a strange city I felt safe in this hotel ( they put me fairly close to the manager's office ) . My room smelled a little but I think this was from the a/c unit which worked fine . The bed was comfy and the linen clean . There was tea/coffee in the room and the free breakfast was adequate . I paid very little for this room and expected no frills - I was quite happy with my stay . I agree that they are a fair way away from the city centre though - It cost me $10 to get to the Greyhound station . Internet was fast and free . The Asian receptionist stereotypically spent most of his time on the phone ! but dealt with me efficiently . I did not go to the pool . I wouldn't want to honeymoon here but al I wanted was somewhere to lay my head for not much money and this fit the bill .

• Stayed August 2010, traveled solo
Johnson City, Tennessee
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2010

I wish I had found these reviews before I stayed there, because they are spot on. This is one of the worst places I've ever stayed. I doubt very seriously that there have been any upgrades since the place was built. The rooms are dark and dirty, WiFi is impossible, as they use a dial up connection and and the pool was so dirty I wouldn't stick a toe in the water.. The front desk clerk was extremely rude and communication was very difficult as his English was poor. My room did not have a chain on the door, so this incident sent me packing. I had just gotten out of the shower, had entered the main part of the room and all of a sudden the door opened and the front desk clerk was standing there, trying to enter the room. I screamed "NO!!!!" and managed to slam the door. Imagine the terror of standing there in just a towel when a strange person tries to intrude! I called my male colleague and we packed and got out of there fast! I do plan to report this to Better Business. To sum it up, I wouldn't let my cat stay there--much less a human.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled on business
Atlanta, Georgia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2010

Reserved this room through one of these cheap hotels web sites... When we arrive, the very rude man at the front desk, Mike, tries to charge 22 dollars per night than what was agreed upon at the time we reserved it. Needless to say, we did not stay there, but did get a view of the rooms and they were disgustingly filthy with lights not working and stained bed covers.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled on business
TN
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 28, 2010

I went to the room - there were stains on the walls, drawers fronts were missing and it stunk. I went to the front desk and said I would not stay in that room. They gave me another room which was equally disgusting. Just nasty, nasty, nasty. I told them I would not stay. They gave me my money back after my husband called them before I left the premises. Left and checked into another hotel around the corner - Much, much, much better.

• Stayed May 2007, traveled on business
michigan
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2009

I reserved two rooms. Unfortunately they did not have adjoining rooms. I had to split up my family. Rooms are dank, dreary, smelly. Both rooms had a different and unpleasant smell. The free breakfast was minimal, unlike the Super 8 we stayed at on our trip back through Tennesee in Memphis. This area of Nashville looks a little depressed also, with some boarded up buildings, liquor stores nearby, and the next door Taco Bell had two police cars pulling over someone in the parking lot. I did not feel safe at all. This was a one night stay on my trip through Tennessee. I did have the two rooms reserved for my return trip, but cancelled them. I will be travelling through again someday, and will look for a hotel in a safer, more kept up part of town.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled with family
Nashville, Tennessee
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2009

The motel we usually stay at was booked so we used our points to stay at this one; I have to say I was very disappointed. The room wasn't all that bad besides the fact it was 100deg in the room when we got there and it took 4+ hours too cool it off enough to even sit in there and not die of heat stroke. The pool area was nice and clean and so was the room. I wouldn't have even written a bad review on this place if the staff wasn't such jerks. The guy working behind the desk was very nice but the next day when it was time to check out they came banging on the door and asked how long it would take us to get out I told him 20 min's and he said no 5, that made me mad so for that I will NEVER recommend this place to anybody nor will I waste my points or money on this place ever again. Next time if the Ramada doesn’t have a vacancy I will just stay home.

• Stayed June 2009, traveled with family

Been to Days Inn Downtown/Nashville/West Trinity Lane? Share your experiences!